Layton meeting Harper

Looks like you missed something along the way.

Last November, when the NDP was in the midst of queing up their 60th or so vote of Non Confidence for the Harper Government, a funny thing happened. Harper kicked the Liberals in the nuts, and they turned to the NDP for the pickup. On the way, they found feet below their knees and where a spine was located. They set aside differences with their decades old enemy the BQ (the friends of the CPC), who also wondered why Harper flinging sand their way.

I believe that kick in the nuts was for the NDP and BQ as well.

THere is a difference between standing up and standing down. THere is a difference between supporting a government and getting something in return, and selling out completely.

And yes there is risk, there certainly was risk last November, risk for all the parties involved, but Harper, for a very very very brief time, got the message that he too is vulnerable.

So, clearly, when Harper saw that he could lose the Prime Ministership of Canada.

And he was prepared to tear the country apart if he didn't get his way.

I can still imagine him firing the Governor General as a result. Certainly there was talk here along those lines.

The thing is that if the Liberals are so bad, why do the NDP keep running back to them? Huh?

Well it looks like Harper lost any support from the NDP, if he had any, Jack ready to go for an election over EI. There's over 800,000 on EI and I would think they will support the change needed. http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/686514

I thought EI was a Liberal phony issue? Can't Jack find his own phony issue to harrangue Harper over?

I thought EI was a Liberal phony issue? Can't Jack find his own phony issue to harrangue Harper over?
Oh look. Its my favourite civil servant once again out of touch with reality. What a surprise. :P

EI is not a phoney issue, the issue was the LPC phoney posturing towards EI.

The NDP have been ahead of the curve on necessary EI reform.

Regardless, enjoy your nice secure cozy 9 to 3 public sector union job, while the private sector bleeds 24 hours.

Its just a game, right.

I think Jack Layton and the NDP will do better in this election, and a coalition may again be a possibility. A coalition of the bloc and NDP. In our campaign we will be highlighting Conservative fascim, and Iggy's support of c-15(forced all liberals to vote for madymins for pot) and the fact that he failed to stand up for women's rights. We also will bring up iggy's support of stricter copyright protection rules for the internet, and what that could mean for our kids who like to download music.

If jack doesn't chicken out on cannabis law reform which over half of Canadians support he could probably double his seat count.

I think Jack Layton and the NDP will do better in this election, and a coalition may again be a possibility.

I thought you saw the convention and how the NDP distanced themselves on pot.

http://www.cannabisculture.com/v2/content/...ifax-convention

CANNABIS CULTURE - Dana Larsen, organizer of End Prohibition, an 800-strong organization within the NDP membership, has been banned from the annual NDP convention this weekend at the Halifax Convention Center.

The NDP claim Larsen was “attempting to buy votes” of fellow delegates by offering to assist in the transportation costs of fellow delegates if they were short on money to attend. Delegates are chosen by constituency associations or by recognized associations within the NDP, like Young New Democrats.

I thought you saw the convention and how the NDP distanced themselves on pot.

It reads like they are distancing themselves from the questionable actions of Dana Larson. From what I have read on other forums is that the NDP has a policy of not treating pot smokers like convicts. Also, it appears that there is some acceptance of some of Mr. Larsons message if not Mr. Larson.

It's difficult to create or repair a political career when one needs to address controversial videos.

Regardless, most of my friends and aqaintences that are big time pot smokers are rural Conservatives.

Edited by madmax