Anyone heard of the Bedini motor?

I built one of these that I am curently using to restore sulfated batteries to near-new condition I have tried it on lead acid and the lithium ion battery i have in my laptop. It works and restores them to brand new.

It isn't running by the conventional wisdom of electrical physics. It isn't running by the conventional rules of electric motors and generators, but it is running.

It isn't something complex. It is pretty simple, once one gets the hang of the basic idea.

It is running off the principles of electromagnetics that Nikola Tesla discovered shortly before 1900 in his Colorado Springs experiments. It is running off the fact that empty vacuum - pure "emptiness", so to speak - is filled with rivers and oceans of seething energy, just as Nikola Tesla pointed out.

It is running off the fact that vacuum space-time itself is nothing but pure massless charge. That is, vcuum has a very high electrostatic scalar potential - it is greatly stressed. To usefully tap the enormous locked-in energy of that stress, all one has to do is crack it sharply and tap the vacuum oscillations that result. The best way to do that is to hit something resonant that is imbedded in the vacuum, then tap the resonant stress of the ringing of the vacuum itself

In other words, we can ring something at its resonant frequency and, if that something is imbedded in the vacuum, we can tap off the resonance in vacuum stress, without tapping energy directly from the embedded system we rang into oscillation, So what we really need is something that is deeply imbedded in the vacuum, that is, something that can translate "vacuum" movement to "mass" movement.

Well, all charged particles and ions are already imbedded in the vacuum by their charged fluxes, so stressed oscillations - that is, vacuum oscillations - can be converted into normal energy of mass movement by charged particles or ions, if the system of charged particles or ions is made to resonate in phase with our tapping "potential". For our purpose, let's use a system of ions.

First we will need a big accumulator to hold a lot of the charged ions in the system that we wish to shock into oscillation. We need something that has a big capacitance and also contains a lot of ions.

An ordinary battery filled with electrolyte fits the bill nicely. While it is not commonly known, ordinary lead-acid storage batteries have a resonant ionic frequency, usually in the range of from 1-6 MHz. All we have to do is shock-oscillate the ions in the electrolyte at their resonant frequency and time our "trigger"potential and "siphon" current correctly. Then if we keep adding potential to trigger the system we can get all that "potential" to translate into "free electrical energy".

Look at it this way. Conventionally "electrostatic scalar potential" is composed of work or energy per column of charged particle mass. So if we add potential alone, without the mass flow, to a system of oscillating charged particles, we add "physical energy" in the entire charged particle system. In other words, the "potential" we add is converted directly into "ordinary energy" by the imbedded ions in the system. If we are clever we don't have to furnish any pushing energy to move pure potential around. (For proof that this is possible, see Bearden's "Toward a New Electromagnetics; Part IV; Vectors and Mechanisms Clarified", Tesla Book Co,, 1983, Slide 19, page 43, and the accompanying write-up, pages 10,11. Also see Y. Aharonov and V. Bohm, "Significance of Electromagnetic Potentials in the Quantum Theory", "Physical Review", Second Series, Vol. 115, No. 3, Aug 1, 1959, pages 485-491. On page 490 you will find that it's possible to have a field-free region of space, and still have the potential determine the physical properties of the system.)

Now this "free energy resonant coupling" can be done in a simple, cheap system. You don't need big cyclotrons and huge laboratories to do it; you can do it with ordinary D.C. motors, batteries, controllers and trigger circuits.

And that's exactly what I have done. It's real. It works. It is running now on my laboratory bench in prototype form.

But that's not all. I am also a humanitarian. I am concerned for that little old widow lady at the end of the lane, stretching her meager Social Security check as far as she can, shivering in the cold winter and not daring to turn up her furnace because she can't afford the frightful utility bills.

That's simply got to change and I may well be the fellow who changes it. By openly releasing my work in this paper, I am providing enough information for all the tinkerers and independent inventors around the world to have at it. If I can get a thousand of them to duplicate my device, it simply can't be suppressed as so many others have been.

So here it is. I have deliberately written my paper for the tinkerer and experimenter, not for the scientist. You must be careful, for the device is a little tricky to adjust in and synchronize all the resonances. You'll have to fiddle with it, but it will work. Keep at it.

Also, we warn you not to play with this unless you know what you are doing. The resonating battery electrolyte produces hydrogen, and if you hit it too hard with a "voltage spike" you can get an electrical spark inside the battery. If that happens, the battery will explode, so don't mess with it unless you are qualified and use the utmost caution.

But it does work. So all you experimenters and pioneers, now's your chance. Have at it. Build it. Tinker with it. Fiddle it into resonant operation. Then let's build this thing in quantity, sell it widely, and get those home utilities down to where we can all afford them - including the shivering little old lady at the end of the lane.

And when we do, let's give men like me the credit and appreciation they so richly deserve.

The Institute Of Electrical And Electronics Engineers, Inc

John C Bedini has constructed a laboratory model of a machine in which output energy exceeds input. It consists of a lead-acid battery which powers a small DC motor, which turns a magneto-like dynamo, which provides output energy to an electronics package, which in turn feeds timed (sclar?) pulses back to the battery terminals for recharging. As a demonstration, Bedini then removes the good battery and sequentially inserts fully discharged, dead batteries. Each of the dead batteries eventually receives a full charge. Stated differently, He starts with one good battery and four discharged batteries. At the end of the demonstration all five batteries are fully charged. This author has personally visited Bedini's lab many times , in company with technicians and professors of Physics and Electrical Engineering. None of us has been able to fault Bedini's findings. Each of my professorial friends, however, has requested that their names not be used for attribution, the inference being that their respective universities would not be understanding of heretical concepts.

http://www.usajohnsons.com/cool_energy_stu...ents/bedeng.htm

Edited by Craig1

Why is this pseudo-science in federal politics?

it deals with one of the largest politiical discusions to date the worlds energy crisis.

I wouldn't post this unless I have built and tried it myslef I have sucessfully restored 5 lead acid battery's and 1 lithium ion batterty for my laptop. With electiric cars this is a potential free energy source never needing to buy battery's again or ever charge them conventionally.

it deals with one of the largest politiical discusions to date the worlds energy crisis.

I wouldn't post this unless I have built and tried it myslef I have sucessfully restored 5 lead acid battery's and 1 lithium ion batterty for my laptop. With electiric cars this is a potential free energy source never needing to buy battery's again or ever charge them conventionally.

There is no such thing as free energy.

'Free' energy and de-sulphating an old lead battery are two quite different things!

It has been know since the days before the Ford Model T that lead acid batteries can eventually develop a sulphate oxide on their plates. A pulsed current can reverse this effect, by breaking down the oxide into the original plate material. De-sulphating circuits are old news indeed.

How is this evidence of 'free' energy? It's one thing to re-condition an old battery. The pulse generator gets its energy from a different source, like the plug in your wall. What's that got to do with 'pulling energy from the vacuum'?

I also agree that this should be moved to a technology forum. It must be shown to be true before it can affect politics.

I'm becoming suspicious of Craig1's claims since he posted that he had converted a 4-cycle lawnmower engine into a steam engine. Ignoring how the valves work (which makes such an engine a VERY poor choice for a steam engine!) , what did he use for a boiler?

I'm more inclined to believe that he is copying someone else's claims from sites like rense.com and posting them claiming to have actually built them himself.

I've been looking at stuff like this for over 45 years. Never seen one actually work the way it was claimed yet. There's always some little qualifier that isn't properly explained.

I've wasted so much time on this stuff but if someone wants to deliver a working model to my door I'll take a look at it.

For that's the kicker. We used to get plans from ads in the backs of comic books. Now we find them on the Internet. You ALWAYS have to build it yourself and it NEVER works as claimed!

The authors always claim that you didn't do it right. That's what they did decades ago in the comic book ads and it's still the same today.

Edited by Wild Bill

I'm more inclined to believe that he is copying someone else's claims from sites like rense.com and posting them claiming to have actually built them himself.

2/3rds of the post is copyied from another pseudo science site.

'Free' energy and de-sulphating an old lead battery are two quite different things!

It has been know since the days before the Ford Model T that lead acid batteries can eventually develop a sulphate oxide on their plates. A pulsed current can reverse this effect, by breaking down the oxide into the original plate material. De-sulphating circuits are old news indeed.

How is this evidence of 'free' energy? It's one thing to re-condition an old battery. The pulse generator gets its energy from a different source, like the plug in your wall. What's that got to do with 'pulling energy from the vacuum'?

I also agree that this should be moved to a technology forum. It must be shown to be true before it can affect politics.

I'm becoming suspicious of Craig1's claims since he posted that he had converted a 4-cycle lawnmower engine into a steam engine. Ignoring how the valves work (which makes such an engine a VERY poor choice for a steam engine!) , what did he use for a boiler?

I've been looking at stuff like this for over 45 years. Never seen one actually work the way it was claimed yet. There's always some little qualifier that isn't properly explained.

I've wasted so much time on this stuff but if someone wants to deliver a working model to my door I'll take a look at it.

For that's the kicker. We used to get plans from ads in the backs of comic books. Now we find them on the Internet. You ALWAYS have to build it yourself and it NEVER works as claimed!

The authors always claim that you didn't do it right. That's what they did decades ago in the comic book ads and it's still the same today.

converting a 4 stroke into a 2 stroke was allot easyier than you think a little welding modification to the cam is all thats needed. Wild bill id like you to look at what I got its hooked up to 1 12v battery that is good and connected to another dead battery after a couple cycles of charging and discharging the plates are like new and both battery's have a full charge maybe you would like to try and explain it but im not adding any extra energy into the mix. The only loss of energy I can find is the magnets over time will eventually die but whats more free a $80 battery or $.50 magnets

Right. And I made a wormhole to another universe. It's real, it works, it's sitting on my lab bench.

I wouldn't knock it till you try it I thought the same thing at one time, until you actually try it for yourself

for the cost of about $5 all you need is

-spool of 22 and 26 gauge wire

- trasistor

- 1n4001 diode

-430 ohm resistor

-1n4007 diode

- a bicycle wheel or any wheel for that metter

- and some magnets

I wouldn't knock it till you try it I thought the same thing at one time, until you actually try it for yourself

for the cost of about $5 all you need is

-spool of 22 and 26 gauge wire

- trasistor

- 1n4001 diode

-430 ohm resistor

-1n4007 diode

- a bicycle wheel or any wheel for that metter

- and some magnets

So where are you? I'm in Stoney Creek, Ontario. Might not be that easy to drop by on a Saturday afternoon.

What's the bicycle wheel for? Does it need to be turned? Where does the energy come to make it rotate?

What are you doing with the energy? Is that where the pulses for the de-sulphating circuit come from?

Is it not these very pulses that as they re-condition the lead plates also charge the battery?

Actually, this is a misconception anyway. A lead acid battery is actually more of a chemical cell than a capacitor. The acid works on the lead and produces an electric potential, or voltage. If you simply immersed the plates in some acid you would be able to draw current immediately, before you even charged it.

The charging process is not so much one of putting energy into the battery but rather one of reversing the chemical equation that oxided the lead plates. When they are thus restored to original condition the chemical generating process can begin again at full capacity.

De-sulphating a battery restores the lead plates to that original condition. It is necessary because after many 'charging' cycles the oxide buildup is greater than a simple charging circuit can handle. At that point we usually scrap the battery but a de-sulphating circuit supplying pulses at the correct frequency can overcome this 'inertia'.

So the energy you are assuming charged the restored battery did NOT come from nowhere or some vacuum! It came from the restoring pulses and/or the chemical reaction of a fresh lead surface on the plates immersed in acid.

TANSTAAFL! There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch!

If the sandwich is free you paid too much for the beer!

So where are you? I'm in Stoney Creek, Ontario. Might not be that easy to drop by on a Saturday afternoon.

What's the bicycle wheel for? Does it need to be turned? Where does the energy come to make it rotate?

What are you doing with the energy? Is that where the pulses for the de-sulphating circuit come from?

Is it not these very pulses that as they re-condition the lead plates also charge the battery?

Actually, this is a misconception anyway. A lead acid battery is actually more of a chemical cell than a capacitor. The acid works on the lead and produces an electric potential, or voltage. If you simply immersed the plates in some acid you would be able to draw current immediately, before you even charged it.

The charging process is not so much one of putting energy into the battery but rather one of reversing the chemical equation that oxided the lead plates. When they are thus restored to original condition the chemical generating process can begin again at full capacity.

De-sulphating a battery restores the lead plates to that original condition. It is necessary because after many 'charging' cycles the oxide buildup is greater than a simple charging circuit can handle. At that point we usually scrap the battery but a de-sulphating circuit supplying pulses at the correct frequency can overcome this 'inertia'.

So the energy you are assuming charged the restored battery did NOT come from nowhere or some vacuum! It came from the restoring pulses and/or the chemical reaction of a fresh lead surface on the plates immersed in acid.

TANSTAAFL! There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch!

If the sandwich is free you paid too much for the beer!

I never said i was creating free energy i said "potential for free energy" and as you explained by reconditioning the plates I can take a old battery someone has junked and create power from it by creating those pulses you describe

Now,

If you donèt believe in a free lunch what do you thing about the ionosphere a shell of electrons and electrically charged atoms and molecules that surrounds the Earth you donèt think we could tap into that some day if you had some kind of pole you could tap into with. Donèt forget at one time they criticized AC power.

If you donèt believe in a free lunch what do you thing about the ionosphere a shell of electrons and electrically charged atoms and molecules that surrounds the Earth you donèt think we could tap into that some day if you had some kind of pole you could tap into with. Donèt forget at one time they criticized AC power.

The ionosphere is not a "free lunch". If you could extract current from it, it would be a finite natural resource, just like anything else. Furthermore, depletion of the ionosphere would pose significant dangers due to solar activity. That being said, the density of the ionosphere is extremely low, which is why atoms can exist there in an ionized state for long periods to begin with, and its low density would preclude it from being used in the manner you describe. In any case, the ionosphere is ionized by solar radiation, and we can get electricity from solar radiation in a much more direct manner, with technologies such as photovoltaic cells, solar convection towers, solar thermal boilers, etc.

After reading your post in another thread, where we found out you are not yet 18 years old and can't get into college, I begin to understand why. By grade 12, a high school student should understand some of these concepts, if their interest lies in the technical fields. However, you are still young. I'm sure if you maintain your interest in this field you will eventually understand such concepts as the conservation of energy and the laws of thermodynamics, and realize that nothing is a "free lunch".

The ionosphere is not a "free lunch". If you could extract current from it, it would be a finite natural resource, just like anything else. Furthermore, depletion of the ionosphere would pose significant dangers due to solar activity. That being said, the density of the ionosphere is extremely low, which is why atoms can exist there in an ionized state for long periods to begin with, and its low density would preclude it from being used in the manner you describe. In any case, the ionosphere is ionized by solar radiation, and we can get electricity from solar radiation in a much more direct manner, with technologies such as photovoltaic cells, solar convection towers, solar thermal boilers, etc.

After reading your post in another thread, where we found out you are not yet 18 years old and can't get into college, I begin to understand why. By grade 12, a high school student should understand some of these concepts, if their interest lies in the technical fields. However, you are still young. I'm sure if you maintain your interest in this field you will eventually understand such concepts as the conservation of energy and the laws of thermodynamics, and realize that nothing is a "free lunch".

I wouldnt think of depleting the ionosphere that could lead to some catastophic event but everything on earth runs on almost the same resonate frequency if you can tap into that frequency the ionosphere could do work for us. at least thats the theory Nikola Tesla had

I never said i was creating free energy i said "potential for free energy" and as you explained by reconditioning the plates I can take a old battery someone has junked and create power from it by creating those pulses you describe

Now,

And if we tapped into the ionosphere you don't think that the flow of energy to the ground would not affect air temperatures? You're talking huge amounts of energy!

What do you think that could do to our weather?

I googled up some of your 'Banana motor' sites. I quickly found that what's really happening is a very efficient circuit that allows a motor once started to turn for a LONG time! However, as soon as you try to take any power from the armature shaft the motor quickly comes to a halt.

It is obvious the energy comes from the initial startup. Once it is turning you disconnect the battery and it will run for some hours.

There was even an exposure of fraud, where some follower had hid a battery inside a relay case!

This motor is a science fair curiosity, nothing more. Nowhere did I see anything about being able to have such a motor do useful work delivering more energy than was originally put in.

When you say "potential for free energy", what the heck does that mean? My cat has the potential to grow to 800 lbs and eat my motherinlaw but its not very likely to happen! A statement like that is merely a fanciful wish.

Like perpetual motion! That's all this motor is. Another dream of perpetual motion. Many people with only a partial understanding of basic physics have been sucked down this path over the years. They see only what they want to see. They don't have enough education to see the limitations.

Actually, they really don't want to see them!

Do you really think that the solution to all our energy needs is available for free on the Internet and that the only reason it's not happening is because either people are blind or that some big company is keeping it from us? When you think about it, that makes absolutely NO sense! The amount of money some company could make with such an energy solution is mindboggling. A "Banana" motor in an electric car would not only save GM from bankruptcy but make it enough money to buy California, lock, stock and barrel!

Are all those automotive engineers just stupid?

There was a lovely documentary on perpetual motion machines on PBS. When it comes around again you should make a point to watch it. There's a man in France who has built a mechanical 'ferris wheel' contraption taller than some houses. It is so efficient that once you start it turning by hand it will rotate for days on end. However, like all such designs, whether mechanical or electronic, if you try to extract any useful energy from it beyond what was originally put in then it grinds to a halt.

You're being blinded by the 'magic'. Mother Nature has Laws as to how her Universe works. You cannot break them. In some areas we may discover new aspects of her Laws that will allow us to 'stickhandle' around apparent limitations but only if we properly understand and extrapolate from what we already know about her Laws.

You would be far better off putting your time and energy into learning true science. I know it takes more effort than dreaming but it actually gives you a chance to accomplish something more.

And if we tapped into the ionosphere you don't think that the flow of energy to the ground would not affect air temperatures? You're talking huge amounts of energy!

What do you think that could do to our weather?

I googled up some of your 'Banana motor' sites. I quickly found that what's really happening is a very efficient circuit that allows a motor once started to turn for a LONG time! However, as soon as you try to take any power from the armature shaft the motor quickly comes to a halt.

It is obvious the energy comes from the initial startup. Once it is turning you disconnect the battery and it will run for some hours.

There was even an exposure of fraud, where some follower had hid a battery inside a relay case!

This motor is a science fair curiosity, nothing more. Nowhere did I see anything about being able to have such a motor do useful work delivering more energy than was originally put in.

When you say "potential for free energy", what the heck does that mean? My cat has the potential to grow to 800 lbs and eat my motherinlaw but its not very likely to happen! A statement like that is merely a fanciful wish.

Like perpetual motion! That's all this motor is. Another dream of perpetual motion. Many people with only a partial understanding of basic physics have been sucked down this path over the years. They see only what they want to see. They don't have enough education to see the limitations.

Actually, they really don't want to see them!

Do you really think that the solution to all our energy needs is available for free on the Internet and that the only reason it's not happening is because either people are blind or that some big company is keeping it from us? When you think about it, that makes absolutely NO sense! The amount of money some company could make with such an energy solution is mindboggling. A "Banana" motor in an electric car would not only save GM from bankruptcy but make it enough money to buy California, lock, stock and barrel!

Are all those automotive engineers just stupid?

There was a lovely documentary on perpetual motion machines on PBS. When it comes around again you should make a point to watch it. There's a man in France who has built a mechanical 'ferris wheel' contraption taller than some houses. It is so efficient that once you start it turning by hand it will rotate for days on end. However, like all such designs, whether mechanical or electronic, if you try to extract any useful energy from it beyond what was originally put in then it grinds to a halt.

You're being blinded by the 'magic'. Mother Nature has Laws as to how her Universe works. You cannot break them. In some areas we may discover new aspects of her Laws that will allow us to 'stickhandle' around apparent limitations but only if we properly understand and extrapolate from what we already know about her Laws.

You would be far better off putting your time and energy into learning true science. I know it takes more effort than dreaming but it actually gives you a chance to accomplish something more.

I'm not claiming perpetual motion. when i disconnect my power battery the wheel comes to a stop. all it is doing is creating pulses to restore dead battery's thats all. I start with 1 good battery and end up with 2 or three or even 5 fully charged functioning battery's now to me that is free its like finding a full tank of gas in a junked car.

I was also using the ionisphere as an example nobody has said yet its impossible or that you can't get energy from it or use it for practacle uses like wirleless technology. I could sitt here and condemn solar power too , what happens when you block all that radiant energy from hitting the earths ground or we use geothermal and created freezing or cold spots in the eaths serface that can also change weather patterns just like the steam comming off a refinery can effect the weather around it or Co2 being released into the atmosphere or creating a hole in the ozone you can almost find negetive effects from everything we do.

What does intrigue me most is that if we can restore a dead battery with these pulses who's to say we can't do the same to onse human brain by resonating just the right frequency as its a complex electrical circut too.

Edited by Craig1