Liberal Burnaby-Doulas Riding Assoc

CBC Newsworld just carried this live and it is far more devastating than anything coming out of sponsorship scandal for Mr Democratic Deficit, PM Paul Martin. Chinese Canadians are calling PM Martin racist. Canadidate Tony Kuo, now calling himself Tony Nobody, made an impashioned plea to stop the appointment of BC Liberal party President Bill Cunningham by PM Martin.

Well anything that puts the Liberals in a bad light is A-ok with me. Lets hope it further reduces their support.

But as for this being a racist act, its not Pia Shandel (White woman, and please do not make it into a sexist thing) was ousted by another more "suitable" candidate on Vancouver Island. All for apparently some remarks she had made years earlier. Its all about winning and who is most likely to win those seats. The Liberals have had their hands in all ethnic communities, look at the recent scandal here in BC with the mass signings of memberships of Indo-Canadians. The point its all about winning and nothing to do with race.

I will let people speak for themselves about racism.

The optics on this however look terrible for the Liberals.

I am sure that PM Martin will go ahead with Cunningham.

I looked up Pias remarks concerning why she was removed. Inappopriate comments. Pia was removed for just cause, & Liberals were wise to block her, similiar to Devine in Saskatchewan for Conservatives, but for different reasons.

Where the Liberals screwed up with Pia is the obviously did not properly check her out before they initially accepted her candidacy, unless she deceived or misled them.

It seems to be more the process that is creating problems for them.

Let the fun begin. ;)