Ottawa's plan to fingerprint

I want to see all criminals/immigrants micro chipped with GPS type chips.

Maybe you should allow a chip to planted in your head. That way, for convenience sake, every time you walked into a liquor store, it would automatically charge you for the purchase a bottle.

I think we have to look at the intent of the law and then see if we can put the appropriate safeguards in place.

I'm sure if there are no safeguards out into place, the whole law will be tossed in federal court.

I like how this is his been promoted as a way of convenience for those that are charged. It seems to me that it is a way to intimidate people and possibly used evidence gathered against them.

For Conservatives who don't like the idea of expensive databases, this seems an expensive process, especially if people are not charged in the end.

I'm sure if there are no safeguards out into place, the whole law will be tossed in federal court.

I'd like to know what kinds of safeguards you could put in place. What would they be? If a guy is ultimately released without further investigation, they promise to remove his fingerprints from the database? Some impossible-to-enforce punitive fines against police and Crown prosecutors that abuse it?

I'd like to know what kinds of safeguards you could put in place. What would they be? If a guy is ultimately released without further investigation, they promise to remove his fingerprints from the database? Some impossible-to-enforce punitive fines against police and Crown prosecutors that abuse it?

This is why I think the law will be tossed. I don't think there can be safeguards for an action that is an abuse of due process.

It is like giving the police to do a search of your car because it will save time waiting for a search warrant that may or may not come.

I want to see all criminals/immigrants micro chipped with GPS type chips. Public safety trumps individuals right to privacy, criminals gave up that right when they broke the law, let's keep track of them to better protect the rest of us. Police cruisers/Immigration control being notified when the offender enters the officers beat.

I have an idea where we would make a new division called Immigration control who would be like the police except they would electronically track and record new immigrants movements to ensure t hey aren't contacting known terrorists and setting up terror cells in Canada. Upon being caught charged with treason convicted, punished then repatriated to their homeland, dead or alive.

If they prove themselves to be good loyal citizens then they can apply to have the chips removed.

How does that fit in with your 'Christian charity' Mr C? <_<

You do know that it's people with attitudes like that that allow fascism to grow? Allow leaders like Hitler to take root?

You do know that all of what you say is a violation of democratic principles?

You do know that you are not superior to any other human being, eh?

Isn't that the Christian belief?

You do know that your extremist, Xian superiority opinions are extremely hypocritical, eh ?

How do you reconcile your nasty anti-immigrant opinions with your version of Xianity? Must be a real struggle for you.

Just curious.

Frankly, in your shoes I'd have to give up either the Xianity or the bigotry.

Maybe you should allow a chip to planted in your head. That way, for convenience sake, every time you walked into a liquor store, it would automatically charge you for the purchase a bottle.

:lol:

Tilt left for beer, right for liquor!

Oh I can see this working!

:lol:

Edited by tango

Where have you people been - cops have been snatching up innocent un-convicted people and taking their mug shots and prints for decades now...then once you formally go to court - and if or when you are charged and discharged - you don't get so much as a "sorry about that" - if found unchargable or innocent after being charged - AND they don't destroy the cimminal identification records of non- crmminals - Welcome to the information age - as if they are going to destroy information - just like the young offenders act - if you get charged when you are 14 - they say the records are destroyed - They never destroy or completely seal any record on any citizen - There are hard nose oppressors out there that say "There are the convicted and the yet to be conficted" - PERIOD.

oh ---- AND ALSO: The trend is - as those that are crimminals become establishment and take over the system - these sinister types do one thing to ensure power - THEY CRIMMINALIZE EVERYONE. :lol: That way the bad guys become the good guys and we the good guys become the bad guys - clever and very simple - Harper is much like the former American administor - Cheney ---- He attempted and would have succeeded with more time in using his "war on terror" To cimminalize every last good person he could - that gets rid of all competion and potential irritants.

I'd like to know what kinds of safeguards you could put in place. What would they be? If a guy is ultimately released without further investigation, they promise to remove his fingerprints from the database?

I was recently involved in a case where a provincial agency placed personal information in a report about an individual that was clearly invasion of privacy. I helped the individual file a complaint with the provincial privacy commissioner demanding that the report in question be destroyed. The complaint was successful and the agency was ordered to destroy the report. I suspect that report was never destroyed and remains on this individual's file. The thing is, I'll never know one way or another.

I'm skeptical of promises by government bureaucracies that they will erase/destroy information after it's in their possession. One thing I learned from my years of working for the feds, they and their provincial counterparts are information hogs.