If an election were held tomorrow

If an election were held tomorrow  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I can't vote on this one since first off I don't vote for parties but candidates. I can say that last election I'd almost voted Green, but handed in a blank ballot instead. Now that I think about it, maybe I should have voted Green. I'm honestly not sure.

I guess I'd likely vote either Green or Libertarian. The Conservative Party had social conservatism as a plus, but now that it's not nearly as social conservative anymore, I might as well look at other parties. The Greens are for international law, which is a conservative principle if you ask me. The Conservatives are way too liberal in their interpretation of international law. And I admire the Libertarian party for its valuing relatively transparent borders for trade, immigration, travel, working abroad, etc.

Wow, 51% Liberal, 37% Cons. Harper's in trouble if he is losing a poll in this discussion forum.

This is the first time I can remember that the Conservatives weren't in first place on a Mapleleafweb poll.

I doubt that Harper supporters on this board have switched their allegiance to the Liberals. More likely they're too depressed to vote and are praying for the return of Dion to the Liberal leadership.

This is the first time I can remember that the Conservatives weren't in first place on a Mapleleafweb poll.

I doubt that Harper supporters on this board have switched their allegiance to the Liberals. More likely they're too depressed to vote and are praying for the return of Dion to the Liberal leadership.

Alternatively, I think the hard line conservatives have invited us here to debate figuring they could slam us in their own safe environment. As the voices of moderation became more prevalent the hardliners started to get outnumbered. I know in the past on any other forums I have been on, that once the hard line right wingers no longer have sympathy for their rhetoric they quickly abandon the forum.....somewhat how it has happened here....with some only returning from time to time to test the waters.

Overall from the majority of responses that are posted here lately I would suggest that this is a centrist forum, not leaning either too far left or right....The majority hard-lined right wingers no longer dominate the discussion (although they do provide the most entertainment trying to assert their wacky political ideology).