Conrad Black Weighs in on Canadian Politics

Conrad Black is back in the news with insights into Canadian politics. I knew he couldn't stay away.

Love him or hate him, he's never boring.

In a lively e-mail correspondence, Conrad Black lets fly at the 'hopeless,' the 'frumpy' and a PM in need of a 'personality transplant'

Stephen Harper needs a "personality transplant," Conrad Black writes from his Florida jail cell to his friend, author Bob Plamondon. He wishes the Prime Minister would be more "popular personally" and wonders at one point why he looks like "such a jackass."

I assume Ignatieff is the next leader, and he will win unless Stephen gets a personality transplant or a timely miracle occurs in his favour. ... Every good wish to you. Yours, CONRAD."

Conrad has to understand that the system is attempting to break him..never met the guy but I did fall in love and live with the daughter of the guy that trained Conrad...I always felt that he was the flaunting front guy and the lawyers that commited the theft..will always go free...Conrad is just doing his duty - and taking one for the team --- I love the big dumb oaf.

Conrad Black saying Harper needs a personality transplant? That a good one, I know Steve is no media hound but He's a real happy-go-lucky dude compared to Black.

The recent visit from the former president will do more harm than good for him (Harper). Why would that guy surface in Calgary? It proves the linkages with Harper and his right-hand man. Election time--Canadians will come to their senses

Conrad's not a Canadian citizen, so who cares.

I like the "personality transplant" crack tho. :lol:

Oleg, Conrad would not have gone to jail if he had not acted just like a "big dumb oaf" and flaunted his violation of a court order. (removing the boxes).

He and Dick Cheney both got into trouble removing their "boxes". :lol:

Conrad has to understand that the system is attempting to break him..never met the guy but I did fall in love and live with the daughter of the guy that trained Conrad...I always felt that he was the flaunting front guy and the lawyers that commited the theft..will always go free...Conrad is just doing his duty - and taking one for the team --- I love the big dumb oaf.

I watched a documentary on him, and you clearly can't really hate the guy. I certainly don't approve of what he did, but he's colourful and appears to be a gentleman. It was just killing him that he couldn't become involved.