I was in a Martin focus group

i was a small part of a martin focus group, got a random phone call and was curious.

we were shown 8 diff rough tv ads on varios policy statements by martin in a casual conversational setting- US relations, fiscal responsibility (read: sponsorship scandel), global environmentalism, research and innovation, health care funding, and preserving canadian culture

generally, most of them were wishy washy and weak, no strong stand. the US relations one was good, admitting the US was the 'larger' country but being determined to maintain our own identity. good thought anyways.

another good one that confused me focused on developing clean energy technology and sharing it with china. i have no idea what that is all about, but it was presented well.

anyways, that is the first focus group for me. the donuts were good

sirriff

Good for you, the future leader of the opposition can't do anything without a focus group. I'm totally not surprised to hear that a simple ad would need a focus groups approval

Does Paul Martin have a vision that he wishes to sell regardless of the political implications. We know that sometimes you have to make difficult and unpopular descisions as a Prime Minister. Perhaps this really does show that all that matters is power over public good.