Obama Preserves Renditions As Counter-Terrorism Tool

Here's some more Hope n Change for you Obama supporters.

Obama preserves renditions as counter-terrorism tool

Reporting from Washington -- The CIA's secret prisons are being shuttered. Harsh interrogation techniques are off-limits. And Guantanamo Bay will eventually go back to being a wind-swept naval base on the southeastern corner of Cuba.

But even while dismantling these programs, President Obama left intact an equally controversial counter-terrorism tool.

Under executive orders issued by Obama recently, the CIA still has authority to carry out what are known as renditions, secret abductions and transfers of prisoners to countries that cooperate with the United States.

LA Times

I can already see the outrage. And I can already see the movies, and books being filmed and written. as they were during the Bush Administration. But in reality, we all know that there won't be any books, and there won't be any movies, and there won't even be any outrage. Because the left is completely hypocritical and intellectually dishonest.

I, however, am completely consistent. I agree with the practice of rendition, and believe that Obama is doing the right and responsible thing. Just as I agree with the missile attacks in Afghanistan and Pakistan (sarcasm and satire seemed to have escaped some of you in another thread).

Here's some more Hope n Change for you Obama supporters.

Obama preserves renditions as counter-terrorism tool

Reporting from Washington -- The CIA's secret prisons are being shuttered. Harsh interrogation techniques are off-limits. And Guantanamo Bay will eventually go back to being a wind-swept naval base on the southeastern corner of Cuba.

But even while dismantling these programs, President Obama left intact an equally controversial counter-terrorism tool.

Under executive orders issued by Obama recently, the CIA still has authority to carry out what are known as renditions, secret abductions and transfers of prisoners to countries that cooperate with the United States.

LA Times

I can already see the outrage. And I can already see the movies, and books being filmed and written. as they were during the Bush Administration. But in reality, we all know that there won't be any books, and there won't be any movies, and there won't even be any outrage. Because the left is completely hypocritical and intellectually dishonest.

I, however, am completely consistent. I agree with the practice of rendition, and believe that Obama is doing the right and responsible thing. Just as I agree with the missile attacks in Afghanistan and Pakistan (sarcasm and satire seemed to have escaped some of you in another thread).

Yes you are consistent. People of the "right" tend to assume that everyone on the left agrees with the practice of "rendition".