Finance Minister Jim Flaherty to hold news conference

RE-read the post, I think you got lost somewhere.

Not at all. This guy is applauding The Ontario Liberals for running a deficit as great men with great vision. In the same breath condemning our PM Stephan Harper for thinking about doing the same thing.

Before you try to make me look stupid look in the mirror and write about that.

As far as I know he went from school right into politics.

In that case. I'm not sure that he deserves to be called an economist. Merely having a degree in economics does not make you an economist.

Let's consider psychology for example. Individuals could have a degree or two in psychology but they could not call themselves psychologists unless they went through a series of tests and became registered psychologists.

There are some professions, e.g., medicine, where a degree, i.e., MD degree, does indeed mean you can call yourself a physician.

But as far as I know, a mere BA or MA in economics is not sufficient for someone to be called an economist.

The top jobs in economics require a PhD in economics. I suspect Harper was either not good enough to be accepted into a PhD program or else had no interest in becoming an economist given that his goal was to be a politician, not an economist.

The mark of a good leader is to be able to switch gears and in these rough economic times it's refreshing to see honesty and integrity on the Hill. A leader who isn't afraid to do the tough thing, to ask Canadians to dig deeper so we, as a nation can get through this together.

You see. Mr. Harper knows that running a $1.5 Trillion dollar economy isn't easy and is a bit harder than sitting on a forum complaining all day long. Mr. Harper knows what it takes to get the results Canadians want. He's an economist for Pete's sake, I think it's safe to say that he knows a tad more about this than anyone on MLW. As economic times change so must the plan. To stand firm may lead to large economic loss.

Let's rally behind our leader and trust him. We may be surprised and how great a job he's actually doing.

Dear Mr. Canada

I like MAPLE LEAF WEB. I like MAPLE SYRUP even more.

Anyone who can lay it on this thick knows his syrup. And this is one of those Sammy Maudlin Syruppy posts that has people drooling. There is more oozing goodness from this post, then I have pancakes. I have broken out the waffles and invited all friend and relatives to taste this new blend of CPC sweetener.

They tell me SAP comes from Maple Trees.

It takes approximately 40 liters of sap to be boiled down to 1 liter of syrup.

No doubt there are alot of SAPs around to enjoy this wonderfully syruppy recipe.

However, posts that lay it on this thick make me sick.

I don't like my pancakes soaked in Syrup.

I like my Pancakes with just enough syrup, a little butter, and lightly browned on both sides.

It's the best old fashioned way:) I will be tapping the trees in February and March. YUM :)

Dear Mr. Canada

I like MAPLE LEAF WEB. I like MAPLE SYRUP even more.

Anyone who can lay it on this thick knows his syrup. And this is one of those Sammy Maudlin Syruppy posts that has people drooling. There is more oozing goodness from this post, then I have pancakes. I have broken out the waffles and invited all friend and relatives to taste this new blend of CPC sweetener.

They tell me SAP comes from Maple Trees.

No doubt there are alot of SAPs around to enjoy this wonderfully syruppy recipe.

However, posts that lay it on this thick make me sick.

I don't like my pancakes soaked in Syrup.

I like my Pancakes with just enough syrup, a little butter, and lightly browned on both sides.

It's the best old fashioned way:) I will be tapping the trees in February and March. YUM :)

QUOTE(Mr.Canada @ Oct 24 2008, 08:05 AM) *

The mark of a good leader is to be able to switch gears and in these rough economic times it's refreshing to see honesty and integrity on the Hill. A leader who isn't afraid to do the tough thing, to ask Canadians to dig deeper so we, as a nation can get through this together.

You see. Mr. Harper knows that running a $1.5 Trillion dollar economy isn't easy and is a bit harder than sitting on a forum complaining all day long. Mr. Harper knows what it takes to get the results Canadians want. He's an economist for Pete's sake, I think it's safe to say that he knows a tad more about this than anyone on MLW. As economic times change so must the plan. To stand firm may lead to large economic loss.

Let's rally behind our leader and trust him. We may be surprised and how great a job he's actually doing.

I don't think that your above post has anything to do with an intelligent discussion and is an obvious troll attempt which has been reported.

I applaud our PM as sticking it out to lead us through these tough economic times. It's a really hard job and I'm just relieved he has chosen to take up the mantle and lead Canada. He and his brave brand of Conservatism are the shot in the arm that Canada surely needs.

Thank God he is leading us. I shudder at the thought of Stephan Dion leading us. He still wouldn't have any plan to deal with this crisis. Mr. Dion stated that he would be taking the first 30 days to bunker down and come up with a plan. I think that the Canadian people deserve better, they overwhelmingly agreed with every region except Quebec giving Stephan Harper and the CPC a majority mandate. From coast to coast to coast they love our PM, the RH Stephan Harper.

I don't think that your above post has anything to do with an intelligent discussion and is an obvious troll attempt which has been reported.

I wait with baited breath. If that's a trolling post, then I accept the consequences.

I applaud our PM as sticking it out to lead us through these tough economic times.

Yes, that is quite the Prime Minister. And a super Finance Minister. Surplus gone with nothing to show for it.

It's a really hard job and I'm just relieved he has chosen to take up the mantle and lead Canada. He and his brave brand of Conservatism are the shot in the arm that Canada surely needs.

You are praising a Prime Minister for being the Prime Minister?

Quite frankly, there isn't any fiscal management to credit the CPC with anything of significance in the past 2 years. I believe they have squandered the piggy bank, before the recession.

Brave eh? I personally view him as something other then brave. Often Chippy, petty, and weak. His parties own worst enemy and asset at the same time. Brave Brand of Conservativism? Jim Flaherty, come on , this guy has just jumped onto the Mulroney Deficit Ship.

"No deficit — balanced budget," federal Finance Minister Jim Flaherty said outside the House of Commons in April, responding to questions regarding the government's finances.
Thank God he is leading us. I shudder at the thought of Stephan Dion leading us. He still wouldn't have any plan to deal with this crisis.
Well, the majority would agree about Dion. However PM Harper and the Finance Minister sat on their hands for their part. Harper showed no plan before the election or during the election. So, being annoited with another minority because of his indecisive treatment of the economy. I would expect nothing less from the Prime Minister who now realizes that the economy has lost steam under his watch. Harper flushed down the toilet $300million of taxpayers money for his own narcissistic trip.

Thank God he doesn't have a majority :) I am not a fan of Bushlite fiscal policy.

I think that the Canadian people deserve better, they overwhelmingly agreed with every region except Quebec giving Stephan Harper and the CPC a majority mandate. From coast to coast to coast they love our PM, the RH Stephan Harper.

I also think the Canadian people deserve better.

From coast to coast they love the RH Harper. (Sure I can't mention syrup) ;)

I think that warm fuzzy sweater, which is very useful in Newfoundland, isn't going to be worn by a Single CPC MP.

30,000 votes on the island is not a show of love.

The Conservatives finish 3rd in popular vote in Nova Scotia. And one former CPC defended his seat successfully as an Independent.

There is that warm fuzzy sweater in NB but in PEI they still choose the LPC.

I really don't know who "Loves" our PM short of his wife kids, and immediate family. (and you) ;)