The Current State of the Liberal Party and Jean Chretien

What does the current state of the Liberal Party do for Jean Chretien's "legacy"? When we look back at the history of the party, it is starting to occur to me that we may end up viewing him as the glue that kept that party together for 13 years. Although a closer look at the situation will show him as the cause of the fracture, I can't help but think how easily negatives are forgotten with time.

He is the reason the Liberal party is doomed today................Canadians think back to all the corruption in the Liberal party........and are sickened even to think of them ever in power again.

Edited by Charles Anthony
deleted re-copied Opening Post quoted in its entirety

He is the reason the Liberal party is doomed today................Canadians think back to all the corruption in the Liberal party........and are sickened even to think of them ever in power again.

And yet, despite what you keep saying, they will probably be in power again in the not too distant future.

Look how horribly the Liberal Party is failing without him. Going through the history books it'll be remembered that the party nearly collapsed after Chretien's retirement. He may be seen as the glue that kept the party together past its prime of Trudeau.

And yet, despite what you keep saying, they will probably be in power again in the not too distant future.

Yes i am sure they will they are doing so well aren't they? and the Country is behind them all the way....NOT!.......so who won the election again with even more seats than last time......oh yes that's right the Conservatives?.........Face the facts the Liberal party will be and can never be trusted with anything ever again.... they have been crushed like an empty Beer can.....and i am truly enjoying watching their demise!.......wide spread corruption for 13 years isn't good for a party's image...............my Beagle has a better chance of winning an election than the Liberal party does and would probably do a better job too...... :lol: !

Edited by wulf42