Memorial

A tribute to a hero

America, the United States of America, the US, the USA. What does this stand for? Most people will tell you it stands for money, power, democracy. Others will tell you it stands for everything wrong with this world. But if that’s true who is doing this evil? President Bush can’t make a soldier fire his gun. He can order it but ultimately that soldier’s soul is in his own keeping. For those of us who have donned a uniform soon learn one thing. We don’t fight for ideas alone. We fight for the man next to you and that mans wife, children, and family. It’s not a cliché, its how we sustain ourselves through the good days and the bad. It’s how when bullets are whizzing by us that we don’t freeze up in terror. It’s what drives up to take that last hill, that last bunker, that last building. We fight for you so that your children never have to. We fight for those who can not fight back. I won’t tell you what to believe. I doubt this will change anyone’s mind about there political beliefs or change someone’s heart. But if for just one minute you reflect on those that have died so the cherished memories of there loved ones can live on forever. Then you will honor us all. Our fondest wish for you all is that you go on living your life like normal and never have to see the things we see and smell the death and destruction. I’m retired now but the memories are burned into my mind. If in the craziness of your life today if you have a chance to read this; say a little prayer for a dear friend of mine, as I struggle through the grief of his passing. May god bless his wife Clair and 5 year old son Christopher.

I ask that if you read all of this that you watch this video.

Thank you

Tribute to the soldiers