Zekes Exempt From Motor Cycle Helmet Law

rbacon

Many fabulous comments on this and if I had a few hours I would spew with my "don't get me started" outlook on Canadian issues. Our elected think tank, whom really only think about their paycheck, easily blame the former government for their mistakes. Did someone say Canada was at war? ....or are they in a collective agreement that high oil prices is good for the production of our oil sands. The presents of Canada in the Middle East only adds to the confusion of that war.

Our open arms policy to immigration and issues like this, are one and the same. No wonder there is discrimination and hate crimes. The only reason there is not more, because many Canadians just do not care and for whatever reasons. Things will only get worse. Most Torontonions that care are right in the thick of it. I compare the rush hours in Toronto like all the different animals rushing to get on Noah's Arc or they will all die. All the different habits, sizes, attitudes, etc, being bottlenecked, someone is going to get stomped on. Was I talking about the animals? If Noah was not forwarned, he would have witnessed the first cases of road rage.

I think the big question is: Is democracy failing us?

Like global warming, there will be a point of no return.

You guys all missed one interesting point vaguely related to this topic;

All the liberals lefties who eagerly support this guy, also want to compel us to wear seatbelts, smoke while in the center of the road (to be 9m from a doorway), have an inquiry every time someone dies by accident and so on.

These same people, one may assume, adhere to the theory of evolution, so why not have a public health free for all and let natural selection take its course?

I was under the impression, based on what I've been told by Sikhs, is that their hair is not to be exposed in the outdoors or in public, therefore all our friend would have to do to satisfy his religion and our laws is take his turban off in private, install his helmet and carry on his way, reverse the process at his destination and all is well.

Perhaps that's just too much effort?

Borg, you will notice that our posts are ignored by those who want to make this into a racist incident. Having a bike licence is not unlike a car licence. Rules are to be followed or don`t ride or drive. We all have to buckle up in a car or truck. A head gear is part of riding a bike. I would not think of riding without mine,nor do I drive without a seat belt.Laws are for all. This particuler Sihk knows full well he must weara helmet. Otherwise how did he get his licence in the first place?

Quite alright Muddy - I am often considered a person who is racist and conducts personal attacks simply because I am direct.

Fact is the law must be applied equally if it is to be a law.

I see it is not to be.

How canadian.

Borg

After being t-boned by a cage running a red, being knocked off my bike a couple of times by cagers screaming out of driveways, having countless cagers switching lanes without looking or signaling and forced off the highway into the grass meridian once, I have come to the conclusion that all cagers are to be considered to be guilty until proven otherwise. Which pretty much sums up the attitude of most bikers.

For Christ's sake, STOP USING EVERY CLICHE YOU CAN THINK OF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where the hell have you been hanging out, cyclespot.com? "Biker bitches"?????? Are you for real? So let me get this straight: You've been t-boned by a cager, knocked off your bike by vehicles backing out of their driveways (?!?) more than once, and gone into the rhubarb because someone didn't signal?

Makes me wonder who it is that can't drive/ride.

As for the "beanie caps" (actually known as skull caps)...the guys using them are BREAKING the law, not skirting it. If I ride my...oh, no!!!...Harley without a helmet, I get written. A Sikh rides without a helmet, and he goes free. Yup, seems perfectly fair to me. Incidentally, those of us who wear...oh, no!!!...half or 3/4 helmets may not have the protection of those of you who go ATGATT (what squid came up with that?), we are certainly better protected than someone with their head wrapped in cloth.

Don't believe me? Grab a bat and you and me'll have a little contest.......

One more thing..."has an off"???? WTF is that? Do you mean "falls off" or "wipes out"? Then just say that and quit trying to convince everybody that you're in some kind of secret society. Did you learn the secret handshake yet, or is that just for us skull-cap-wearing HD trash and our hot, young biker bitches?

Edited by Hydraboss

Mr. Hutchison and co-counsel Owen Rees disputed this contention yesterday. They pointed to a study they had done that concluded that, assuming half of all Sikh motorcyclists wear turbans, the increase in serious injuries would be between .43 and 2.83 Sikh riders a year.

So by that line of logic, I should be able to let my wife (you know, the "biker bitch" nurse) take my bike out without a helmet. Since a very small percentage of riders are women, a similar probability equation should apply to the serious injury rate. Guyser, what do the insurance stats say about women riders? Are they more or less likely to be involved in a serious injury accident than men?

I wear my helmet even when I ride "my hog" in states with no helmet laws. Personally, I don't care whether or not we have helmet laws. Wearing it just makes sense. I wonder if I would be able to get out of a ticket by saying that I'm Christian and a helmet interferes with my thoughts when I speak to God while riding? Everyone who rides speaks to God, especially when one of those high-speed "cagers" backs out of their driveway into your path.

Muddy made the point earlier: How did this guy pass a road test if he didn't wear a helmet? Instant fail. Or maybe he got his license in one of the "accommodating, laws are only for some people" provinces?

Edited by Hydraboss