Tories Launch Fifth Ad Campaign

I've seen the ads on the Conservatives' website, and I have to admit I'm a bit worried. Dion comes off looking so weak and confused (Mr. Dithers 2.0) that I can see him picking up the sympathy vote. :P

The Liberals' abstentions as of late are going to add even more ammo to the Tories' ad campaigns once the big guns come out. Those ones will practically write themselves.

But I agree with Michael Bluth and Scott, Harper's learned his lesson in cockiness over polling numbers, he's not going to make that mistake again no matter where his numbers go.

The Conservatives did a good job in the ads.

Cheezy works.

They are 100% truthful, unlike the "soldiers with guns in our streets" ads.

Dion has made billions in spending promised, and he has mused about raising the GST.

It's win-win for the Conservatives now.

If I only lived in an area where they would bother making an ad buy...

While the Liberals ask how many job losses does all this take, and today we have seen that job gains have been 5 times what was expected. So yes the liberals always seem to be pulling some thing out of their butts, but it is not the answer to their problems.

If I were Harper I would pull the plug on all of this come January, but I think he will wait till spring as by then the leberals will be melted down to rabbling mess of incoherrent thoughts. Which is not far from what they stand for today.

The vast majority of those jobs have been created by the public sector.

how bad the auto and other manufactures are getting hit, how many jobs are lost, etc.

No one in Canada gives a rats ass about what the CAW workers did to themselves. We have lots of successful auto manufacturing in Canada, it requires a non-union environment and responsive management. No one changes their vote based on the auto sector. CAW workers didn't vote for Harper and never would anyways.

Non-issue.

Politicans know if the voters aren't happy...out they go! So I don't think who has the most money really matters that much and the Cons spending their money on ads against Dion is just a waste because no one really cares anymore except the media shows and that gives them something to talk about.

I'm unsure if there is a coherent thought here... but I think you might be saying that advertising is a waste of time in politics. That's a little absurd, don't you think?