Islam: Ingrid Mattson

kuzadd

I found it quite interesting.

she was raised Catholic, here in Canada, and converted to Islam more then 20 yrs ago

Here's another article about her

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16242486/site/newsweek/

In the Chatelaine article, I liked how she mentioned the "paternalistic tendencies" that other women display, towards women who CHOOSE to wear a head scarf , as she does.

It is one of Chatelaines better articles

Muslims are quite good at playing the victim card. They know it resonates well with the left.

Did you read the Chatelaine article?

What on earth are you talking about?

The article posted?

The woman is intelligent and articulate, I know that is difficult for you but, read, all about it.

here's another article

http://www.csmonitor.com/2001/1213/p16s1-lire.html

"Most Afghanis were perfectly happy to have their daughters educated," she adds. Her experience with the Taliban and their subsequent actions led Dr. Mattson - a convert to Islam and now a professor of Islamic studies at Hartford Seminary in Connecticut - to speak out against them in Muslim circles ever since.

A small, slender woman with an arrestingly calm demeanor, Mattson has no reluctance about speaking out on issues of import. Her articulate voice was one of the first after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks to call publicly on Muslims to condemn not only the attacks, but any resort to violence in the name of Islam.

"Who has the greatest duty to stop violence committed by Muslims against innocent non-Muslims in the name of Islam?" she asked. "The answer obviously is Muslims."

And her voice is one that is heard. Earlier this fall, she was elected by members of the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), perhaps the largest and most diverse Muslim organization on the continent, to a two-year term as vice president. She is the first woman to hold that position.

Imagine that she, a WOMAN, was ELECTED, by members of the Islamic society of NA

:o

well that blows one stereotype out of the water (Islamic oppression of women)

Yes I did read the article. I'm not only refering to the ironic use of "paternalism" to refer to folk's reactions to the most paternalistic religion since Moses era Judaism, but to the entire gist of the article, which was that Muslims are set upon and distrusted for some unfair reason unbeknownst to the poor scorned professor. I encourage you to read more about Islam, its history, and its intrusions into Christendom, which used to include all of North Africa, btw, and no, not through Christian conquest.

I encourage you to especially concentrate on the history of Bysantium, established as a pagan Roman outpost, becoming the seat of eastern empire, and finally standing as the sole Christian bulwark against Islam until the 15th century, while Europe lay largely defenseless against it. I recommend the history of Bysantium to you because what is happening now is a 21st century replay, but instead of stone walls we have only intellect to protect us against this scourge of right-think tyranny, because this time the incursion is from within, and you and the apologist left are busy dismantling the walls in the name of "acceptance."