Girlfriend of Stienke found guilty on all three charges.

I just heard that the thirteen year old who conspired with her 23 year old boyfriend to kill her familly has been found guilty of first degree murder. Her boyfriend still has to go to trial, he also faces three charges of first degree murder.

Even though she was found guilty the maximum she be sentenced to is 10 years. The maximum she can actually serve is 6, seems a little lax if you ask me.

At the time of the murders she was actually twelve years old. she conspired with Stienke to kill them because her parents objected to her being involved with him. I wonder why eh.

• 3 months later...

Well the verdict is in, she was given the maximum sentence. That means the maximum she can serve is 6 years.

I dont know if any of you guys know of this case. I placed the topic here because I thought it kinda fit, the whole moral aspect of age difference and killing her familly for the reasons she did. I wasn't sure if it should go in the Federal Politics section either as it showcases our lax Justice system to a certain degree as well.

The boyfriend has yet to be sentenced, I expect it will be life for him, such as it is in Canada. Probably 10 to 15 years I imagine. it just doesn't seem to be enough considering what they both did.

This case was covered on The Verdict on CTV last night. You can view the whole show on the CTV main site.

This girl will be around 20 when she will be released. How will be able to live with herself. I fear she will visit her boyfriend in jail when she's released. It's wishful thinking but I hop he'll be in for life without parole.

Guest American Woman

The brain is such a complex organ and there is so much about it that we don't understand. I think there are instances where the brain is flawed/defective, and therefore incapable of 'normal functioning.' Who, in their right mind, could engage is such behavior/activities? And if the brain is physically flawed, is rehabilitation possible?

Who would want to have someone like this woman living in their neighborhood? It's one thing to support rehabilitation of prisoners, and I do, and quite another to have them living next door to you. That I don't want. Yet she has to live somewhere, so someone will end up with her living next door to them.

Edited by American Woman

You raise some very good points AW. I agree, some people do appear to be born with something lacking as far as behaviour goes, for instance Karla Homolka. She had a morbid fascination with death from the time she was a child.

These two would appear, at least in some respects to be of a similar type. They plotted the murders, commited them, then went to Burger King (or Macdonalds, I forget which one) and had something to eat.

Your other point is a very good one as well. I think we should try to rehabilitate criminals, but who wants them living next door? Thats not to say she would turn around and murder her neighbours, but I imagine as one of her neighbours, one would tend to worry about just that circumstance.

I dont know if any of you guys know of this case. I placed the topic here because I thought it kinda fit, the whole moral aspect of age difference and killing her familly for the reasons she did. I wasn't sure if it should go in the Federal Politics section either as it showcases our lax Justice system to a certain degree as well.

The girl was 12 or 13 when the crimes were committed. I'm normally a pretty big supporter of more severe punishment, but I truly think rehabilitation can work for this kid. Locking her up for longer will just expose her more to negative influences leading her down the wrong path.

She needs psychological treatment in a hospital, not hard jail time. Her boyfriend was obviously responsible for the killings.... let's be realistic here.

The boyfriend has yet to be sentenced, I expect it will be life for him, such as it is in Canada. Probably 10 to 15 years I imagine. it just doesn't seem to be enough considering what they both did.

10-15? The minimum for first degree murder is life in prision, so 25 years without parole. The 15 year eligibility for parole is not applicable to Stienke as there were multiple killings. There are so many aggrevating circumstances here... multiple deaths, brutal slayings, the influence of a minor to partake in killing her family, the fact that this guy is a pedophile...

There is zero doubt in my mind that this guy will be labelled a dangerous offender and serve the rest of his life in jail, right beside ol' Bernardo.

Angus, the Canadian justice system is very severe when it comes to violent offenses. Your criticisms are just when dealing with say drugs, or weapons or gang activity. But when it comes to murder, your very likely to spend 25 years in jail, and if your really looney, the rest of your life.