Vatican Calls on Catholics to Stop Funding

A few isolated cases of priests abusing minors have been identified and addressed. The Catholic Church has publicly taken responsibility in those cases and paid enormous settlements and whatnot.

How do you know? As far as public responsiblity the church seems to be lacking there. How many bishops have openly addressed the diocese and publicly apologised for the specific conduct of individual priests?

What you really mean is why hasn't the Church donned sack cloth and ashes and flagellated itself through the streets on its knees while passing cash out hand over fist. Meanwhile, out there in burning car land, Islam has yet to utter a mere squeak of apology over the sawing off of numerous heads in numerous countries all over the globe. Yes, I know, it has no pope or bishops, so it's not fair to expect anything of the sort from Islam. Besides, its Mullahs are far too busy waving swords and calling for more heads...preferably ones formerly attached to the shoulders of pigs and apes from the Zionist entity.

I think you and geoff are quite confused. You've dragged Islam into this thread to serve some purpose known only to yourselves. Since you obviously know nothing of which I speak, I suggest you find another topic to hijack.

I'm supplying a counterexample to show that the Catholic Church resembles an innocent alterboy (no pun or sexual innuendo not intended) when it stands beside the other major world religion. I think it's germaine to this incessant handwringing and moaning over a few isolated cases of diddled alter boys. I think the Church's "crimes" absolutely pale into insignificance beside those of Islam.

A few isolated cases of priests abusing minors have been identified and addressed.

A few ?

As it stands, your own child is ten times more likely to be abused by your husband, brother or father than any Catholic Priest.

Since 4% of priests have molested , then 40% of husbands brothers and fathers have?

I think the facts should be checked. Maybe you meant equally.

I wish the Catholic Church cared as much about the little alter-boys.

I wish the catholic church cared about the women who were victims of rape. Apparently the imaginary sould deserves more care and attention. Don't scratch your nose, you are killing hundreds of little potential souls....

The pope is an asshole.

Andrew

However, statistically speaking, the Catholic Priesthood in North America has a statistically lower rate of sexual offences than would be considered 'statistically average'. Ergo, there is not a significant actual problem here.

As it stands, your own child is ten times more likely to be abused by your husband, brother or father than any Catholic Priest.

Michael, again with the facts. Sheesh. Stop that. It's much easier to scapegoat religion for all of life's problems (and I'm not even a 'practicing' Catholic per say).

The pope is an asshole.

Would you say the same about John Paul II?