I get the impression that foreign policy of Canada is undergoing some

I get the impression that foreign policy of Canada is undergoing some changes without much fanfare. We are getting alarmingly more dependent on US.

Previously liberals rejected any our involvement in the American project of anti-missile defense. Currently the government seems to bow to America’s being firmly set to exploit Canadian soil to build some facilities here. They are going to do this on the sly so to say. Interestingly, Americans don’t want to share sophisticated technology with us and actually they don’t need nor our participation, neither our money. I happen to know it due to some long-standing links with some well-placed military. Americans assert this would amount to Canadian ‘political support’ of anti-missile defense, which is crucial for their far-reaching plans of integrating future European system with the American one.

Further, it’s sort of bargain between our two countries. It relates that dispute with Denmark over Hans Island in Arctic owing its value to its promise of mineral resources and fossil records. Military men say America assured our pols it may be most helpful both politically and military in that dispute. But far as I know Denmark has already agreed to lend technical support for the American anti-missile project.

In a nutshell, I think America is dragging us in the risky venture while fooling our pols with empty promises.

Secondly, Americans seem to be after creating their own defense system on our territory making Canada dependent on them. BTW There are hints NORAD system of mutual defense might be abolished then as ‘too costly and ineffective’.