Hate Crimes

FastNed

On another thread, I expressed the opinion that should a decision be made that all of Islam is our enemy not just a few fanatics among them, the last fall back position of America would be a genocidal response. I had an internal debate over the use of "Crusade" or "Genocide" and decided that crusade was the more evil concept so I used genocide.

There is no doubt in my mind that America was the victim of a genocidal attack, this is self-evident from statements from those who made it.

Complaints have been made that my use of "Genocide" constitutes "Hate Speech" and my question for the forum is this:

Must the victim of a hate crime and genocidal attack be silent, must their words pass tests for political correctness or does a victim have wide latitude in allowable response?

Dear FastNed,

If one is a victim of a crime, one should have the right to speak in one's own defence. One should be able to seek justice.

One should not, howver, be able to take the law into one's won hands and one should also not be able to be the sole judge of the definition of justice.

The world was behind the US immediately after 9/11, but the actions of the US before and after(except Afghanistan) have left a very sour taste in the mouths of most of the world.

I submit that your personal view of a genocidal attack does not reflect the true meaning of the world, or its historical context.

if your base your conclusion that america is under genocidal attack from the worlds of some insane terrorists, you are obviously working on faulty information.

for instance, 30 years ago the US helped General Pinochet to come to power who immediately went on to execute thousands of resistance leaders.

did the US launch a genocide attack on chileans? i would think so. so americans deserved to be nuked?

another error i think you make is assuming that america would be able to survive in any recognization form after this massive global genocide takes places. the number of nations that are able to start the begining of the end of the world through nuclear holocaust is growing. the US cannot 'win' a world war. it will be destroyed in part or whole. it can fight a world war, but it cant win.

thus it is not a zero sum game, taking everything alway from your proposed enemy does not assure victory, as the enemy is desperate and capable enough to end modern civilization as we know it.

thus the only way the US can win is not to force others in the world into a position of desperation. the consequences to america are inescapable.

there is this cowboy metality that americans seem to have that you can go blow them all up and then just go home, and everythign will be just like it was, but without the enemy. that just doesnt exist anymore. global trade and hyper militarization assures the US will suffer proportionately with the world.

SirRiff

another error i think you make is assuming that america would be able to survive in any recognization form after this massive global genocide takes places. the number of nations that are able to start the begining of the end of the world through nuclear holocaust is growing. the US cannot 'win' a world war. it will be destroyed in part or whole. it can fight a world war, but it cant win.

thus it is not a zero sum game, taking everything alway from your proposed enemy does not assure victory, as the enemy is desperate and capable enough to end modern civilization as we know it.

thus the only way the US can win is not to force others in the world into a position of desperation. the consequences to america are inescapable.

I think Riff, that you must be reading the minds of the President and many others in Washington. They are doing as you say and trying not to take everything away but rather extricate a dictatorous cancer from Iraq and inject it with values and an economic stimulai that has made America and the Western World much better off than the Third World.

You have good points and are a serious poster so please take this as a point rather than a jibe. You are right, there is not much time, if you have any tangeable ideas that would effect this better than leaving people like OBL, Saddam and Kim to effect global suicide then lets's have them, quick! Simply saying this is not right is not good enough, you have to do it better and - cover all the bases. That is the hard part, no matter how good it is there will always be a disenchanted group. Some of them are quite powerful.