Rae compares Bush-Harper to Hitler-Chamberlain.

Darn you Shoop, I wanted to post this first. :D

But I can add more to your OP. Warren Kinsella was not the first person to break this story; it was a liberal blogger who attended the Liberal Party Convention (look at his blogroll--all liberal sites and even *gag* a blogroll of progressive liberal websites--I didn't see any conservative websites on his blogroll).

Here's what he (Jeff Jedras) reported:

Rae compared Neville Chamberlain and the Munich Pact/appeasement of Nazi Germany with Stephen Harper’s surrender to Bush on softwood. I thought that was over the line, you can do better than that Bob.

Kudos to Jeff Jedras for having the integrity to report this instead of ignoring it like the MSM shamefully did.

Bob Rae compared the recently signed softwood lumber agreement to the Munich Pact?

So much for the re-birth of the Liberal Party of Canada. Classless, classless, classless.

This is embarrassing. The best confirmation of (and response to) this statement comes from Warren Kinsella's blog.

May 10, 2006 - I now have confirmation from more than a dozen people who were present at the LPC(O) leadership forum in Toronto last Friday: Bob Rae did, in fact, liken the softwood lumber agreement to the Hitler-Chamberlain Munich Pact. Which certainly suggests Rae analogizes Harper and Bush, jointly and severally, to Hitler and Chamberlain.

I'd ask his campaign who Rae regards as Hitler, in that scenario, if they got back to me. Which they did not.

This is so bloody depressing. And it's reason #3,451 why a lot of us aren't so involved with the Liberal Party of Canada anymore.

www.warrenkinsella.com/musings.htm

This is a desperate attempt at mud-slinging to impress Liberals that he will be Anti-American. Its a cheap attempt to get votes and portray himself as a strong leader.

In fact all it does is expose him as a crass idiot. The analogy was completely inappropriate and as far as I am concerned he is a joke anyways. He was a disaster as a Premier and he would be a diaster as a federal party leader. At best he belongs in the back benches popping anti-depressants and whining about day care.

It would be worth the laugh to see him win. More and more a Conservative majority in the coming election is being seen as inevitable. So watching how badly Rae could do in the election would be fun. Then he resigns and someone a little more reasonable takes over...

This is a desperate attempt at mud-slinging to impress Liberals that he will be Anti-American. Its a cheap attempt to get votes and portray himself as a strong leader.

In fact all it does is expose him as a crass idiot. The analogy was completely inappropriate and as far as I am concerned he is a joke anyways. He was a disaster as a Premier and he would be a diaster as a federal party leader. At best he belongs in the back benches popping anti-depressants and whining about day care.

It would be worth the laugh to see him win. More and more a Conservative majority in the coming election is being seen as inevitable. So watching how badly Rae could do in the election would be fun. Then he resigns and someone a little more reasonable takes over...

Firstly I doubt if Rae would be chosen leader of the Liberals.

But if by change it did happen, I doubt there is anywhere in Ontario where Bobbo could get enough votes to represent anyone as an MP.

Maybe this could be Belinda's out by being the ultimate martyr of the Liberals and give up her seat.

Where would Rae get enough votes to go to Ottawa? :rolleyes:

Come on. Let's not be crazy. Rae may not be that popular with many Ontarians, but he could still win a seat in Parliament.

Remember Toronto is still pretty Liberal red.

Two ridings quickly come to mind as easily winnable for Rae. York South-Weston and Beaches-East York. He definitely represented parts of York South-Weston in the past and I *think* parts of Beaches-East York. Maria Minna (current MP for Beaches-East York) has been around for a long time so might step aside easily. Who knows about Alan Tonks (MP for York South-Weston)? The riding is a better fit for Rae, but there is some bad blood. (Rae beat Tonks in 1987 provincially.)

There are many other ridings Rae could win in...

Firstly I doubt if Rae would be chosen leader of the Liberals.

But if by change it did happen, I doubt there is anywhere in Ontario where Bobbo could get enough votes to represent anyone as an MP.

Maybe this could be Belinda's out by being the ultimate martyr of the Liberals and give up her seat.

Where would Rae get enough votes to go to Ottawa? :rolleyes: