To whom belongs the Earth?

My elders before me said, and I tell you now, The earth does not belong to us, we belong to the earth. And I want to say, this earth belongs to Tunkashala, the creator of all that is. There has already started a time of great cleansing upon the earth and this Government has begun to crumble. The fabric of the constitution is soiled and torn

Read the following article:

http://www.freepress.org/departments/display/15/2005/1635

My elders before me said, and I tell you now, The earth does not belong to us, we belong to the earth. And I want to say, this earth belongs to Tunkashala, the creator of all that is. There has already started a time of great cleansing upon the earth and this Government has begun to crumble. The fabric of the constitution is soiled and torn

Read the following article:

http://www.freepress.org/departments/display/15/2005/1635

I'm curious, what relgion or culture does Tunkashala belong to?

This article is factually wrong. There are no indigenous people in North America, they all immigrated here only a few thousand years before we did. I don't know enough about the reservation system in the US to comment further on this particular issue.

The world is actually at a relative peace compared to WW1 or WW2 or the 6000 years before that. We are as peaceful as we have ever been. Thats why these issues like world hunger and AIDS are big deals, because there is enough peace for us to be obliged to help with these instead of halting the spread of fascism or communism across the world.

I don't buy this article sorry, its another the world is going to end chicken little story. People have been stating this forever, yet conditions have been getting better. Nope, not following this at all.

Dear geoffrey,

Don't waste your time feeding the troll. Besides, while you make some good points, they won't be responded to. As an aside, there was a lengthy debate on rights and ownership under some thread called 'freedom vs. tyrrany' (sic).

Oh no way, Chris has responded before. Something about the galatic federation, I'm just wanting to know if this Federation is involved in these land claims too? :( I always thought those indian groups had greater backing than Phil Fontaine.

To whom belongs the Earth?

As a whole, the Earth belongs to no one.

Certain portions of the surface, however, belong to various parties.

I (and the bank) happen to own a piece about 100'x160', along with the house and garage that sit on this portion of land.

I expect after my death, someone else will gain title to this small portion of the Earth.

If Canada is invaded and taken over by some other country, I expect my ownership of this piece of land will no longer be legally recognized. Hard to say, really.

Truth from indigenous people

How long does a "people" have to be on a land before they are recognized as indigenous???

100 years??? 400??? 1,000???

Before you define a certain group as indegenous, you'd best come up with a definitive time frame, because, as pointed out previously, if you go back far enough, North America has NO indigenous peoples.

(Although a native friend of mine went to great lengths one night explaining to me that he and his people had "always" been here, even millions of years before man evolved, through some kind of (as best as I could understand it) retro-spiritual-occupancy. Hmmm. Based on that theory, if I claim that my spirit has occupied Hawaii for 10 million years, do you think they'll give me the island???)