Why so many new voters ?

Harare

There were 1.3 million more voters in '06 than in the '04 election.

The Libs popular vote declined by approx a half million votes exactly the same number by which the NDP vote grew.

The CPC number of votes grew by 1.3 million.

Did all these new voters, decide to vote just to "throw the bums out" or because finally they were presented with policies that they could relate to and support?

Quebec had their "peoples revolt" years ago when Levesque overthrew their overlords and cleaned up the corruption to an extent. I believe that now, finally, the rest of Canada is begining their first tentative steps toward a peoples revolt aided by the internet to keep our rather "Pro Government, Ryerson based Media, honest. I also expect that Mr Harper will win a majority in a couple of years as the true nature of Liberal corruption is uncovered. That, in addition to their inability to get out of debt under the new rulles will force them after getting reduced to a bit player in the Commons, to combine with the NDP ( that has moved a bit to the right) just to survive.

Trudeau's fiction of one the one hand enjoying a near Marxist "share everyone else's wealth" except that of his elite cabal of "more equal pigs" and on the other hand promoting a public dependancy on Big Brother to provide just enough to get by as is our "right" is nearly over. Let's hope that now, innovation and enterprise will be allowed to blossom and will produce the far richer country that we should already have been what with our vast resources and strategic location.

1.3 million people might just be fed up with turning our society into a cess poll and paying for everyone else's way.

Not that the Conservatives can stop either. Just they are more likely to than the other choices presented.

Says who? The Conservative past is as corrupt as the Liberal.

I would like to think that we should see even more then that in new voters, as every year more and more people turn voting age. While many in the past just never voted, I am glad to see that more and more young voters are now making their voices heard.

As far as the conservatives having the ability to be corrupt goes, yes they have the ability. But Harper is not of that same ilk, even though he learned at the feet of Mulroney and others. He does seem to have gleaned the better points of his teachers. I personally believe he will make good on all his promises, and that will make him a very hard target the Liberals next time round. No more scarey Harper, and when you think of it, if you took that out of the liberal campagne you really had nothing left, ecept corruption and over use of lobbiests.

1.3 million people might just be fed up with turning our society into a cess poll and paying for everyone else's way.

Not that the Conservatives can stop either. Just they are more likely to than the other choices presented.

Says who? The Conservative past is as corrupt as the Liberal.

Funny, I don't remember the Conservatives fixing elections... :lol:

Then again, typical Liberal voter begging to be compared to Mulrooney...way to set your standards high Boru... :rolleyes: