Are we really a tolerant society?

Question  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The reason for my question is that it seems like every time someone suggests something about abortion, same sex marriage or health care in this country that DOESN'T follow the Liberal agenda, that person is thrown to the wolves and told to shut up, called names etc.

That doesn't sound like a society that is condusive to the honest and free discussion of issues.

The reason for my question is that it seems like every time someone suggests something about abortion, same sex marriage or health care in this country that DOESN'T follow the Liberal agenda, that person is thrown to the wolves and told to shut up, called names etc.

That doesn't sound like a society that is condusive to the honest and free discussion of issues.

We're not conducive to the honest and free discussion of issues. Like every other facet of this society, you will conform to the politically correct agenda and do as you're told or you're an enemy of Canada.

Vote Liberal or Die.

It is difficult to take these kinds of complaints seriously in the absense of any specific examples. I follow events closely, and I canot recall any pro-forced-childbirth people being thrown to wolves. So I invite you to give examples for people to understand what you mean.

In previous conversations with others who have expressed the same as you here, I have noticed that some people feel that someone who uses her inherent righs to free expression to disagree is being 'intolerant'. Such a position is merely nonsense or special pleading, of course.

Actually i find it quite the opposite. I am very liberal and i live in a very conservative, religious town. And when i express views like being pro choice and all for same sex marriage i get told that being gay is a "choice" and that they are gay to get attention. Then when i add that the majority of the animal kingdom has homosexual animals (read "Dr. Tatiana's Sex Advice to All creation" by Olivia Judson) or when I point out that no one on their right mind would want to be abused due to their sexual preference,they tell me that i am wrong. Or when i tell them that i am pro choice that i am going to hell and that i am a bad person because I want to kill innocent babies. I think it is us who express the liberal views that get "Thrown to the Wolves".