Selling Harper? Thanks But No Thanks

Have you been watching Gomery? Yet still the Libs top the polls. Explain that to me. Obviously Canadians would rather elect a theif than an honest politician.

If you are comparing Libs to Harper the Harper image is that of a Bush/Washington azz kisser.

We centrists and I suspect the East Coast dont trust Harper nor Conservatives under him to protect Canadas future against American takeover.

One of the odd things about so many on the left is the repeated statements of so many of them that they're actually the centre. I would say that I never hear someone in the centre make the kinds of statements above. Nor do I ever expect to. The statement smells too much of the self-righteousness and sense of smug superiority of the Left where America is concerned.

Have you been watching Gomery?  Yet still the Libs top the polls.  Explain that to me.  Obviously Canadians would rather elect a theif than an honest politician.

Repeating vicious, unsupported character assassination is part of wha blew it for Harper a few weeks ago. And yet you carry on the same way here. Tsk.

The answer to your question is that the evidence of wrongdoing does not substantially touch on the government leaders we haein office NOW. In short, voters don't (or didn't) see a thief when they were voting. And they see that calling someone a thief without foundation is the behaviour of a scoundrel.

More Alice in lalaland drivel.

I haven't spoken to any ordinary person in the last six months who isn't disgusted at the Liberals, who doesn't think Paul Martin is a liar who knew everything about the sponsorship scandal, who doesn't think the Liberal Party itself is corrupt through and through. Some of them plan to still vote for it. But even they just say they think that Liberal corruption is less of a danger than the bogeyman.

I think Paul Martin is easily as corrupt a man as Chretien, and is just as willing to funnel as much taxpayer money into the pockets of friends and supporters as he thinks he needs to in order to buy himself back into power. And I think if we could ever get a look at the books of those "Foundation trusts" where he squirreled away over ten billion dollars we'd find that lots of it has gone to Martin's campaign doners.

Have you been watching Gomery?  Yet still the Libs top the polls.  Explain that to me.  Obviously Canadians would rather elect a theif than an honest politician.

Repeating vicious, unsupported character assassination is part of wha blew it for Harper a few weeks ago. And yet you carry on the same way here. Tsk.

The answer to your question is that the evidence of wrongdoing does not substantially touch on the government leaders we haein office NOW. In short, voters don't (or didn't) see a thief when they were voting. And they see that calling someone a thief without foundation is the behaviour of a scoundrel.

More Alice in lalaland drivel. I haven't spoken to any ordinary person in the last six months who isn't disgusted at the Liberals, who doesn't think Paul Martin is a liar...

Poor Argus, simply cannot assimilate uncomfortable realities. Makes up selective definitions of 'ordinary people' to deny the evidence of polls, news, reason and many interlocutors here.

The real moronic part is that Harper has not ever governed, but stupid people in Ontario would vote for a known bunch of thieves and liars, than take a chance on Harper and the Conservatives.

Canada has become another Zimbabwe under Chretien and Martin, just another third world dictatorship. The next step is to suspend elections because of voter apathy, instead of making the system accountable to the people of this country. Canada Day, what's to celebrate? I see a country being turned into a dictatorship, and the sad part is Canadian's are allowing it to happen, many do not even bother to vote. When we wake up it will probably be too late to save this country. I'm not in favour of Quebec's continual threats to leave, but at least they are the only people in Canada that is holding our politician's to account. Ontario seems quite content to see this country go down the tubes under a dictatorial regime than elect the Conservatives who at least pretends to represent all Canadian's. Maybe when Canada falls, out of the ashes we will be able to salvage some sort of democracy, where laws are made by elected representatives, instead of an appointed and unaccountable judiciary. Maybe we can have a justice system where deterence is the order of the day, instead of a system that allows criminals like Karla Holmolka and Carl Toft to walk the streets to pray on more victims. Maybe we can have a system whereby the majority is listened to instead of just vocal minority groups. No wonder many Canadian's no longer care about this country.

Poor Argus, simply cannot assimilate uncomfortable realities. Makes up selective definitions of 'ordinary people' to deny the evidence of polls, news, reason and many interlocutors here.

And who contros the media in this country. Over $1 billion a year is paid for with taxpayer's dollars through the CBC. Who are they going to support, except the party that guarantees their existance. Basically the only press releases that come out of Ottawa Press Gallery are anti-Conservate stories. Stories about the Liberal's are either pro-Liberal or they have a Liberal spin on them so that they never end up being critical of the Liberal decisions or scandals.

Want some real news instead of the fictional crap coming out of the Ottawa Press Galley, try reading some of the editorials published on: Canada & World Free Press

Guest eureka

The quote function is not working.

However, Canada has not become another Zimbabwe. Canada currently, Canada ranks 12th. on Transparency International's list and there is little separation between that and the top,

This so called scandal is penny ante stuff in world measurements. It is greatly overblown as a Canadian affair, too. That is because we are used to a very high standard of integrity in olitical affairs and a hint of smog in a breeze upsets us.

The rest of that post, McQueen, is ludicrously silly.

YES! Of course Harper's a big dud. After all, he's down in the polls over the past three weeks. Throw the bastard out!

Easy, people. The nice thing about Harper is that he doesn't lay on the same saccarine rhetoric that Paul Martin does. That's his charm. Sure, Harper is a little stoic. But I'd take a boring guy with integrity anyday over a superslick salesman like Martin, who tries to be all things to all people all the time. And Ontarians just lap it right up. The snake oil salesman is alive and well in central canada.

... stupid people in Ontario would vote for a known bunch of thieves and liars, ...

You all keep repeating this piece of groundless stupidity. Why does this particular mendatious vituperation have such appeal, I wonder? After it cost the tories any chance in a spring election, especially.

been watching gomery? the Libs stole from you. even paul martin admits that, why can't you?

... stupid people in Ontario would vote for a known bunch of thieves and liars, ...

You all keep repeating this piece of groundless stupidity. Why does this particular mendatious vituperation have such appeal, I wonder? After it cost the tories any chance in a spring election, especially.

been watching gomery? the Libs stole from you. even paul martin admits that, why can't you?

Why can't you accept what the actual evidence indicates. Yes, a clutch of Quebec Liberals around Chretien stole. Ontarians are not going to vote for them. There is no evidence linking Martin or the current cabinet with those activities. The Cons insistence on pretending otherwise is ... well, a Con.

Why can't you accept what the actual evidence indicates. Yes, a clutch of Quebec Liberals around Chretien stole. Ontarians are not going to vote for them. There is no evidence linking Martin or the current cabinet with those activities. The Cons insistence on pretending otherwise is ... well, a Con.

Usually when a corporation commits fraud, it is the CEO and CFO who are ultimately to blame. The buck stops with them. When Enron and Worldcom went down, the head os those organizations took the fall. They are ultimately responsible for what happens financially in their organizations. When ADSCAM happened, PAUL MARTIN was the finance minister. Whether or not he knew what happened, he was culpibale in that he was in charge.

But that aside; your case is weak that the government has changed because the LEADER has changed. This is largely the same goupr of thieves as served under chretien. Just a different face on the theft.

Not to mention: Libs paint cons with the same brush all the time. If so much as ONE con MP says something inflammatory, it automatically finds it's way in harpers lap. But if your "small group of liberals" steals from us, somehow Paul Martin walks away un tarred. Strange.

Usually when a corporation commits fraud, it is the CEO and CFO who are ultimately to blame.  The buck stops with them.  When Enron and Worldcom went down, the head os those organizations took the fall. 

You have chosen your examples badly. In those cases there is genuine culpability on the part of the executives involved, so they are a poor match for Paul Martin's situation.

When ADSCAM happened, PAUL MARTIN was the finance minister.  Whether or not he knew what happened, he was culpibale in that he was in charge.

Do I recall you pretended to be a lawyer in another posts? Funny, because you don't have a very good understanding of the differences between culpable conduct and mere negligence.

If you are saying Paul Martin, finance minister should have known and his failure to know constitutes a negligent failure of his duties, that is one thing. It is an argument with some potential merit as regards how one should vote.

But to say without any sort of reasonable facts that 'Ontario wants thieves' is both false regarding the current Liberal options and false about Ontario's intentions.

But that aside; your case is weak that the government has changed because the LEADER has changed.  This is largely the same goupr of thieves as served under chretien.  Just a different face on the theft.

That skates pretty close to defamation if not right into. Where is your evidence?

Usually when a corporation commits fraud, it is the CEO and CFO who are ultimately to blame.  The buck stops with them.  When Enron and Worldcom went down, the head os those organizations took the fall. 

You have chosen your examples badly. In those cases there is genuine culpability on the part of the executives involved, so they are a poor match for Paul Martin's situation.

When ADSCAM happened, PAUL MARTIN was the finance minister.  Whether or not he knew what happened, he was culpibale in that he was in charge.

Do I recall you pretended to be a lawyer in another posts? Funny, because you don't have a very good understanding of the differences between culpable conduct and mere negligence.

If you are saying Paul Martin, finance minister should have known and his failure to know constitutes a negligent failure of his duties, that is one thing. It is an argument with some potential merit as regards how one should vote.

But to say without any sort of reasonable facts that 'Ontario wants thieves' is both false regarding the current Liberal options and false about Ontario's intentions.

But that aside; your case is weak that the government has changed because the LEADER has changed.  This is largely the same goupr of thieves as served under chretien.  Just a different face on the theft.

That skates pretty close to defamation if not right into. Where is your evidence?

There is no dispute that federal Liberals stole federal funds. The only question Gomery will answer is which ones. That isn't defamation: it's the truth and Gomery will say so in his report.

BTW I said I was a Lawyer as a joke to illustrate that along with gay marriage will come gay divorce at probably the same 50% rate that we have in heterp couples and that's why I am in favor of it ;) get it? lawyers will make a killing!!!

There is no dispute that federal Liberals stole federal funds.  The only question Gomery will answer is which ones.

Yes, that is true, but it is not the same as what you said earlier:

This is largely the same goupr of thieves as served under chretien.

That is the very issue you and I both agree Gomery is supposed to answer. I am glad I have been able to bring you to see reason.