Good news for Insurance Industry

Bernard Lord and his Justice Minister have just released the names of the newly appointed members of the New Brunswick Insurance Board who's job it will be to regulate automobile insurance rates in NB. Justice Minister Brad Green could not guarantee that insurance rates will come down, even though he handed the store to the Insurance Bureau of Canada, when he put the insurance industry in their place. They are now laughing all the way to the bank with their record profits.

The great news for the Insurance Bureau of Canada, is that the people who have been named to this new board are all well connected Tories, and the best part of all is that the majority of these newly appointed Board Member's have no clue when it comes to insurance. The exception is Mr. LeBreton who currently sits on the Public Utilities Board, and has already heard the hard luck stories from the I. B. C., and how they were on their way bankruptcy court if the Province didn't help out their struggling industry. Poor things were worrying if they would qualify for their next bonus cheques. Strange, how after our Justice Minister visited them at their office's in Upper Canada, at taxpayer's expense, he came back and caved to every one of their demands.

I thought that government was there to protect the people from being taken advantage of by industry, but I guess I was wrong. This government seems more interested in making sure the insurance industry has a clear unrestricted path right into our wallets, than they are of protecting NBer's from excessive insurance rates.If the Premier was really interested in protecting people he would have at the very least appointed people with experience in the realm of insurance, not just political hacks to this Board. :angry: