Israel's Partner for MidEast Peace

jbg

Israel has a new partner for Mideast peace.

Police: Nablus resident in stolen cab rammed Border Police road block outside Haoman 17, got out, "screamed Allah hu Akbar" began stabbing people; 5 police officers among injured in attack.

Seven people were injured in south Tel Aviv early Monday morning, when a terrorist from the West Bank carjacked a taxi and rammed it into a police road block protecting a Tel Aviv nightclub, before going on a stabbing spree.

Police said the terrorist, a 20-year-old Nablus resident, entered a taxi near the beginning of Salameh Street, and carjacked the driver, stabbing him in the hand. He then drove for approximately a kilometer down Salameh Street towards the Haoman 17 nightclub, which was filled with high school children at an end-of-summer party. At the time of the attack, almost all of the teenagers were inside the club.

This is a claasic stab (no pun intended) at starting negotiations. The Nablus resident clearly wanted to engage, albeit a bit forcefully, negotiators close to his age and make his point with them. Approaches like this typically yield peace on earth, goodwill to man.

This is a claasic stab (no pun intended) at starting negotiations.

so suddenly this crazy person represents all palestinians and the problem with not having peace in the middle east?

why are you not talking about the growing illegal settlements driven by the government of israel? why are you not talking about likud's platform which says to never allow a palestinian state? why are you not talking about the illegal annexation and wall? what about the crazy settlers who attack palestinians and their farms? what about the mosques that are set on fire?

there is a big fucking elephant sitting on your head and you're not willing to admit it.

may peace be upon you, you radical leftist lawyer. ;)

so suddenly this crazy person represents all palestinians and the problem with not having peace in the middle east?

I did not attack this person. I expressed admiration.

why are you not talking about the growing illegal settlements driven by the government of israel? why are you not talking about likud's platform which says to never allow a palestinian state? why are you not talking about the illegal annexation and wall? what about the crazy settlers who attack palestinians and their farms? what about the mosques that are set on fire?

Because you babble about those incessantly. And worse, you're using slanted words.

there is a big fucking elephant sitting on your head and you're not willing to admit it.

Given that you curse I know you must feel strongly about what you're posting. Try that on a moderated forum.

may peace be upon you, you radical leftist lawyer. ;)

Thanks. And goodwill to man.

I did not attack this person. I expressed admiration.

leave the satire to those who are witty and funny. you're as bad as the failed foxnews' answer to the daily show which was canceled. the problem the show had and you have, besides not being funny, is that you're not able to be honest about the whole situation.

leave the satire to those who are witty and funny. you're as bad as the failed foxnews' answer to the daily show which was canceled. the problem the show had and you have, besides not being funny, is that you're not able to be honest about the whole situation.

Bud, I am no expert on the Israeli/Palestinian situation but to me it's very simple as to who I support. When Israel attacks rocketeers in the Gaza some innocents may be hurt or killed as collateral damage. When Gaza rocketeers lob rockets into Israel innocents ARE the target!

To me, that's enough. If you deliberately target innocents, that's enough. You are a terrorist by definition and to me that makes you a rabid dog. You don't try to negotiate with a rabid dog. All you can do is to either kill it or drive it away before it hurts you. A rabid dog has no reason.

That's not to say that Israel is blameless but to me the difference in targeting philosophy is enough.

Drop me down on an Israeli street and my only fear would be from a PALESTINIAN attack! I would have no fears at all from the Israelis. I could not say the same if I was dropped into a Palestinian community. I could not get out of there fast enough!.

You're entitled to your nitpicking legal definitions. As I said, for me the deliberate targeting of innocents is enough.

To me, that's enough. If you deliberately target innocents, that's enough. You are a terrorist by definition and to me that makes you a rabid dog. You don't try to negotiate with a rabid dog. All you can do is to either kill it or drive it away before it hurts you. A rabid dog has no reason.
Not a bad analogy at all. If you were lucky enough to be able to interview such an attacker he'd say that his sole aim was to kill Israelis.
Drop me down on an Israeli street and my only fear would be from a PALESTINIAN attack! I would have no fears at all from the Israelis. I could not say the same if I was dropped into a Palestinian community. I could not get out of there fast enough!
Similarly, if you visited a synagogue (I'm not sure if Canada has any of those) you would not fear for your safety. I'm not so sure if you would want to visit a mosque.

Who made them "illegal"?

the same world organization that allowed israel to become a state. the same organization that israel is a member of. the whole world including canada and u.s. see the settlements as illegal.

Guest American Woman

Similarly, if you visited a synagogue (I'm not sure if Canada has any of those)

You're not exactly coming across as informed here. Or funny, if it was an attempt at humor.

you would not fear for your safety. I'm not so sure if you would want to visit a mosque.

Why wouldn't we want to visit a mosque in Canada? I wouldn't fear for my safety, if that's what you're insinuating.

Not a bad analogy at all. If you were lucky enough to be able to interview such an attacker he'd say that his sole aim was to kill Israelis.

Similarly, if you visited a synagogue (I'm not sure if Canada has any of those) you would not fear for your safety. I'm not so sure if you would want to visit a mosque.

Of course we have synagogues, JBG! Not as many in proportion to the USA. For some reason,we never acquired as high a percentage of Jewish folk. Maybe we weren't as attractive a destination for an emigrant than America.

Still, in certain areas we have a LOT of Jews! Montreal has a thriving textile industry that was founded and is owned almost exclusively by Jews. The lion's share of business reps for imports are Jewish firms as well. Along with, of course, some incredibly good delis and restaurants.

Yet in my home town here of Hamilton, Ontario, which had a population of about 330,000 most of my life I never met one Jew until my mid-20's, not at school or in my social circle. Later I discovered there where some large businesses owned by Jews in Hamilton but they mostly lived in the older part of town and the west end, while I grew up in the eastern and more rural areas. I guess there were fewer Jewish farmers.

Our demographics have always been quite different, both due to politics and geography. We were initially French settlers abandoned by their home country and a lot of Brits, many of whom were refugees from the American War of Independence. Over the decades our immigrants tended to be mostly Europeans and some Chinese on the west coast who built our national railroads, fed us and convinced the dirty lot of us to take off our filthy clothes so they could wash them! I'm convinced those Chinese were the ones who got the rest of us to finally practice some decent hygiene!

I'm 58 years old and I've never met anyone of Spanish descent here in Canada. When I have crossed the border for business or pleasure I have met lots, even in Buffalo which is only about a 90 minute drive away.

Once on a flight to Texas the stewardess asked me if I wanted a refreshment in Spanish. I looked dumb and replied in French! She gave me a big grin and a free beer!

Despite their relative scarcity, I would not feel at all uncomfortable in one. A lot of singing in a language I don't understand. What's different between that and the Latin I heard in church as I was growing up? I didn't understand that either!

We DO have a lot of mosques and yes, I will confess, I would feel uneasy in one. I don't care if it would be politically incorrect. I would think it simple prudence.

Edited by Wild Bill

Guest American Woman

We DO have a lot of mosques and yes, I will confess, I would feel uneasy in one. I don't care if it would be politically incorrect. I would think it simple prudence.

Why would you feel uneasy? - would you fear for your safety, as jbg was insinuating we would/should?

Bud, I am no expert on the Israeli/Palestinian situation but to me it's very simple as to who I support. When Israel attacks rocketeers in the Gaza some innocents may be hurt or killed as collateral damage.When Gaza rocketeers lob rockets into Israel innocents ARE the target! To me, that's enough.

your summery of the conflict is missing some major issues and without putting them into the equation your argument is hallow and incredibly superficial. here are a few:

- illegal annexation of land

- illegal settlements

- illegal increase of the settlements

- occupation and prevention of the freedom of movement

- not allowing a palestinian state

- report after report from expert organizations showing that israel has violated international law during their military actions

- the severe and harsh gaza blockade

- the inexcusable, one-sided deaths being experienced by palestinians

Why wouldn't we want to visit a mosque in Canada? I wouldn't fear for my safety, if that's what you're insinuating.

I don't know about Canadian mosques but the guards outside the Greater New York Islamic Center at 86th Street and Third Avenue look pretty intimidating. And blocks from there, in April 1972 a police officer was butchereed inside a mosque.

Guest American Woman

I don't know about Canadian mosques but the guards outside the Greater New York Islamic Center at 86th Street and Third Avenue look pretty intimidating. And blocks from there, in April 1972 a police officer was butchereed inside a mosque.

April 1972? Seriously? One incident almost 40 years ago makes you fear for your safety in all mosques - all these years later? Or was that a typo?

As for the guards you refer to - "intimidating" is different from "unsafe." Not feeling comfortable and not being safe are two very different things.

Of course we have synagogues, JBG! Not as many in proportion to the USA. For some reason,we never acquired as high a percentage of Jewish folk. Maybe we weren't as attractive a destination for an emigrant than America.

Yes we were.

We had more Nazi criminals hiding here than in South America.