Caledonia Needs Your Help

The onus to ensure land transactions were proper rested with 'the Crown'.

It was the Crown's law that they must be ratified by the Indigenous community.

BINGO, and that's what they did when the government of Canada forced Six Nations to start legally documenting their land transfers and sales, and before that time Six Nations WAS breaking the law, but there was little the government could do because it didn't have sufficient policing powers. So you're basically admitting that Six Nation was at fault in the first place.

Your signature ... If gays are Nazis ... WHO ARE THEY KILLING?

What an asinine, offensive thing to say.

Reported.

Oh, so you're the crank? This has been discussed elsewhere. The gay community is primarily responsible for the spread of HIV/AIDs. The introduction of HIV/AIDs to North America has been traced back to a gay man. But that's only part of the issue; it's a political and social movement bent on overthrowing our society. An example of this can be found in some of the interviews that Gene Robinson gave recently in which he talked about an openly gay person becoming President. I should not be forced to accept an ideological movement like the gay rights movement no more than one should be forced to accept Nazism.

Moreover, you're one to talk considering the nonsense you've spewed about the being a "genocide" in Canada.

Edited by Ontario Loyalist

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BINGO, and that's what they did when the government of Canada forced Six Nations to start legally documenting their land transfers and sales, and before that time Six Nations WAS breaking the law, but there was little the government could do because it didn't have sufficient policing powers. So you're basically admitting that Six Nation was at fault in the first place.

It was done in 1763, by the Crown:

... but that, if at any Time any of the Said Indians should be inclined to dispose of the said Lands, the same shall be Purchased only for Us, in our Name, at some public Meeting or Assembly of the said Indians, to be held for that Purpose by the Governor or Commander in Chief of our Colony respectively within which they shall lie

Oh, so you're the crank? This has been discussed elsewhere. The gay community is primarily responsible for the spread of HIV/AIDs. The introduction of HIV/AIDs to North America has been traced back to a gay man. But that's only part of the issue; it's a political and social movement bent on overthrowing our society. An example of this can be found in some of the interviews that Gene Robinson gave recently in which he talked about an openly gay person becoming President. I should not be forced to accept an ideological movement like the gay rights movement no more than one should be forced to accept Nazism.

"Overthrowing our society" eh?

Every time a gay couple marries, a hetero couple is forced to get divorced? :lol:

A gay president is going to turn everyone gay? :lol:

We all know people don't 'turn' gay ... they are born gay.

Of course, there is also good evidence that people exhibiting homophobic behaviour are revealing only their hatred for themselves.

And there is the certainty that with hateful filth like that on this board, normal people will stay far away. I would have thought the admin would have considered that, maybe even put something in the rules about being 'civil' so as not to drive decent people away. It is their prerogative what kind of hateful comment they allow on the board.

Thanks for revealing yourself so completely, both in your twisted anti-native logic and paranoid homophobic delusions. Now I know that you and your posts are simply to be dismissed, and that civility in doing so is not required.

It was done in 1763, by the Crown:

... but that, if at any Time any of the Said Indians should be inclined to dispose of the said Lands, the same shall be Purchased only for Us, in our Name, at some public Meeting or Assembly of the said Indians, to be held for that Purpose by the Governor or Commander in Chief of our Colony respectively within which they shall lie

Things change:

The Constitutional Act of 1791 was an Act of the Parliament of Great Britain (1791 (31 Geo. 3) C A P. XXXI., long title An Act to repeal certain Parts of an Act, passed in the fourteenth Year of his Majesty's Reign, intituled, An Act for making more effectual Provision for the Government of the Province of Quebec, in North America; and to make further Provision for the Government of the said Province.)

But you still don't seem to get it. In the early 1800s the government of Canada had little or no ability to police, and therefore Joseph Brant took advantage of the situation by illegally selling land. The government had no choice but to accept what was going on until it was in a position to really do something about it, which was in the 1840s and 50s when they finally were able to force Six Nations to conduct its affairs in an legal manner. You seem to be totally devoid of the understanding that Upper Canada was a frontier society not much different (except for all of the guns) than the American Frontier in the 1870s to 90s.

"Overthrowing our society" eh?

Every time a gay couple marries, a hetero couple is forced to get divorced? :lol:

A gay president is going to turn everyone gay? :lol:

We all know people don't 'turn' gay ... they are born gay.

Of course, there is also good evidence that people exhibiting homophobic behaviour are revealing only their hatred for themselves.

You'll latch onto and be symapthetic to anything that seeks the same general goal as you have. Politics makes for strange bedfellows, as the saying goes.

There is no evidence that people are "born gay" unles you are willing to argue that homosexuality is either a genetic defect like downs syndrome or a mental illness, then it is purely a learned behavioural trait. How do people become radical muslim suicide bombers? Are they "born" that way?

And there is the certainty that with hateful filth like that on this board, normal people will stay far away. I would have thought the admin would have considered that, maybe even put something in the rules about being 'civil' so as not to drive decent people away. It is their prerogative what kind of hateful comment they allow on the board.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but your attempt to paint my opinions as "hateful" is seemly a means of trying to suppress my right to freedom of speech and to subscribe to your narrow-minded concept of the truth.

Thanks for revealing yourself so completely, both in your twisted anti-native logic and paranoid homophobic delusions. Now I know that you and your posts are simply to be dismissed, and that civility in doing so is not required.

Oh, well, you've revealed yourself time and time again through a number of now-banned usernames what your malicious attitude towards straight white men, modern western society, Christians and Christianity, God, morality and ethics. Do you really think that you have any moral standing by championing the cause of Godless paganism and the largest organized crime organization in Canadian history????? :lol::lol::lol:

Oh now let's just see this again in all of it's glory ...

T...F...F !!!

... your malicious attitude towards straight white men, modern western society, Christians and Christianity, God, morality and ethics. Do you really think that you have any moral standing by championing the cause of Godless paganism and the largest organized crime organization in Canadian history?????

:lol::ph34r:

omigod ... friggen hilarious ... straight men ... Christians ... society ... morality ... championing ... Godless paganism ...

You crack me up OL :lol:

... and truth is I don't like apple pie either. :o:ph34r:

Thanks for a great laugh. You are really too much. Sooo funny! All the way from a lawsuit blasphemous championing the cause of godless paganism ... how pricelessly irrelevant and quaintly archaic ! ... Did you 'channel' an 1800's evangelist snake oil salesman ancestor to come up with that? Are you <snicker> perhaps a reincarnation?

hawhawhawhawhawhaw... jk

Paganism is nothing more than being in harmony with Mother Earth, something we've neglected.

But ... red herrings and logic flaws and hawhaws aside ... what say you about Kingspan's chances of successfully suing the City of Brantford?

Did Brantford show good faith in its dealings with Kingspan?

Edited by tango

Things change:

The Constitutional Act of 1791 was an Act of the Parliament of Great Britain (1791 (31 Geo. 3) C A P. XXXI., long title An Act to repeal certain Parts of an Act, passed in the fourteenth Year of his Majesty's Reign, intituled, An Act for making more effectual Provision for the Government of the Province of Quebec, in North America; and to make further Provision for the Government of the said Province.)

The Constitutional Act of 1791, as YOU demonstrated, modified the Quebec Act of 1774, not the Royal Proclamation of 1763.

But you still don't seem to get it. In the early 1800s the government of Canada had little or no ability to police, and therefore Joseph Brant took advantage of the situation by illegally selling land. The government had no choice but to accept what was going on until it was in a position to really do something about it, which was in the 1840s and 50s when they finally were able to force Six Nations to conduct its affairs in an legal manner. You seem to be totally devoid of the understanding that Upper Canada was a frontier society not much different (except for all of the guns) than the American Frontier in the 1870s to 90s.

You'll latch onto and be symapthetic to anything that seeks the same general goal as you have. Politics makes for strange bedfellows, as the saying goes.

See the Brantford thread about this one.

There is no evidence that people are "born gay" unles you are willing to argue that homosexuality is either a genetic defect like downs syndrome or a mental illness, then it is purely a learned behavioural trait. How do people become radical muslim suicide bombers? Are they "born" that way?

There is no evidence either that homosexual tendencies is a learned behavorial trait, or a genetic defect either.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but your attempt to paint my opinions as "hateful" is seemly a means of trying to suppress my right to freedom of speech and to subscribe to your narrow-minded concept of the truth.

No. It is a statement of fact. And tstating that fact does not constitute an attempt at supressing your freedom to make a fool of yourself.

that's only part of the issue; it's a political and social movement bent on overthrowing our society. An example of this can be found in some of the interviews that Gene Robinson gave recently in which he talked about an openly gay person becoming President. I should not be forced to accept an ideological movement like the gay rights movement no more than one should be forced to accept Nazism.

News to you. There is nothing, in Canadian and American law that states that homosexuality is an impediment to running for elected office or to be elected if a plurality of the voters chose to vote for that person. They have the right to propose any policy or law that is not contrary to the Constitution and, if a legal position to do so, implement it.

You have the right, of course, to call for laes barring homosexuals from office. You have the right to vote for or against whatever candidate you want, for any reason. You have the right to ste they are unfit for the job, even when there is no such impediment in law. You have the right to protest their election, to oppose their policies in any legal way you want, and even to leave if you don't like it.

And I have the right to say the truth about it.

The Constitutional Act of 1791, as YOU demonstrated, modified the Quebec Act of 1774, not the Royal Proclamation of 1763.

The point is to demonstrate that "things change". If that wasn't the case, then people would be pointing all over the place to restore whatever they pleased. Perhaps we should go back to the 8th century and reestablish Charlemagne's Empire based on whatever treaties existed back then.

The point is to demonstrate that "things change". If that wasn't the case, then people would be pointing all over the place to restore whatever they pleased. Perhaps we should go back to the 8th century and reestablish Charlemagne's Empire based on whatever treaties existed back then.

Laws do change sometimes, but the important thing is to respect the laws in existence in Canada. The 8th century is a little beyond our Canadian mandate. :rolleyes:

"Respect the laws" is pretty rich coming from the like of you.

I don't know who think you are attempting out 'out' here, and that's a violation anyway,

but I assure you 'respect the laws' works very well for me.

I notice you are having some difficulty with it though, and human civility totally escapes you.

If only freedom of speech meant others had to listen and think and do as you say, eh?

Then you'd be happy.

But that's not freedom for the rest of us, is it?

It's totalitarianism.

So ... you got some thinkin to do ... do you want the freedom to speak within limits of civility like we all have?

Or do you want to be 'the one opinion' ... keeping in mind that being a tyrant is a 'dog eat dog' world where might is right and there is no need for human respect?

Your choice, eh? We can't do the latter here, of course, but I'd be happy to suggest another venue. Bring it on.

I don't know who think you are attempting out 'out' here, and that's a violation anyway,

but I assure you 'respect the laws' works very well for me.

What the heck is this gibberish supposed to mean?

I notice you are having some difficulty with it though, and human civility totally escapes you.

Again, pretty rich coming from the likes of you...

Your choice, eh? We can't do the latter here, of course, but I'd be happy to suggest another venue. Bring it on.

So what are you on, and what the heck are you talking about? Are you actually challenging me to a fight, threatening me with violence?

What the heck is this gibberish supposed to mean?

Again, pretty rich coming from the likes of you...

So what are you on, and what the heck are you talking about? Are you actually challenging me to a fight, threatening me with violence?

read back ... your posts ... let me know when you figure it out.

:lol:

No, I mean what you wrote--eg. "attempting out 'out' here"--is complete gibberish. It makes no sense, it's improper use of the English language.

Don't waste your time with that crank. She's been here under numerous usernames and has been banned each time for inciting flame wars and making personal attacks against people that she feels is racist (nearly every white person in the world). Some people are just a lost cause, so forget about her...

I saw in the local papers that the Six Nations radio station, "CKRZ - The Voice of the Grand" has gone bankrupt and will shut down. There was a clip on CHCH TV from an employee who admitted that advertising revenues from off-reserve took a big hit since the start of their protest.

While I don't take any pleasure in watching people lose their jobs I really don't see how they could have expected anything different to happen! From doing a google it's obvious (and understandable) that they have been squarely on the side of Six Nations in their reporting of what's been happening. That's their editorial right.

Still, didn't anyone listen to whoever was in charge of selling advertising spots? Did no one expect that businesses in the town might resent the hurt caused by the tactics of the protesters?

It's too bad.

http://www.thespec.com/article/505069

I saw in the local papers that the Six Nations radio station, "CKRZ - The Voice of the Grand" has gone bankrupt and will shut down.
CKRZ was once $300,000 in debt. It went down to $100,000 and then things started to climb as revenues fell off. While some can speculate that revenues dropped off because of the protests, I think that is pure nonsense and unproven speculation. There is no print copy suggesting this and it isn't in the Spec article either.

What is true, is that ALL media of ALL types, Television, radio and Print are suffering a major decline in revenue because of dwindling adversting prospects combined with internet competition. The Auto makers are the largest sources of revenue for radio, print and television and they have cut back to only the major stations and major papers and have cut back on the size, and numbers of adds. Dealerships are not spreading the wealth around either as they used to be one of the best local suppliers of add revenues.

Considering that there are two newspapers, or possibly 3 newspapers that are competing for same revenues on the Six Nations, it may not be as you describe. Let alone the surrounding Halidmand, Hamilton and Brant oriented papers and radio stations.

Many of these operations are in sick mode and it wouldn't surprise me to see the Spec, or CHCH collapse in this declining revenue, readership and viewership environment.

a brief glance at the health of media

Layoffs Devastating Canada's Media World

by Gail Chiasson

Jan 26, 2009

.............A drop in ad dollars due to the economic downturn has caused The Globe and Mail is plan to reduce its work force by about 10% through voluntary buyouts, and possible layoffs, with plans to cut between 80 and 90 jobs.

Other staff cuts announced recently include Quebecor Inc. cutting 600 jobs from the Sun Media[endb] chain of newspapers,

CanWest Global Communications Corp. cutting 560 jobs at its print and television operations

and CTV eliminating 105 positions

And to cut back on labor costs, Rogers (publishing division only) has offered its employees the option of working four days a week instead of five,

The Globe and Mail .. Management of the paper is forecasting a $40-million drop in ad revenue this fiscal year

Thus, with the entire industry, and IIRC the Brantford newpaper has pretty much let go many of its reporters because of declining ad revenues, (and the Brantford paper, does not support the native position) I would have to say that CKRZ is more likely the product of the current environment or possibly mismanagement, then a victim of what they report as a native radio station.

IMHO> :)

Edited by madmax

CKRZ was once $300,000 in debt. It went down to $100,000 and then things started to climb as revenues fell off. While some can speculate that revenues dropped off because of the protests, I think that is pure nonsense and unproven speculation. There is no print copy suggesting this and it isn't in the Spec article either.

Never said it was in the article! It was in a video clip on CHCH-TV, the local station. The claim came from one of their employees, who stated that the town's business sponsors "didn't like us much anymore".

That being said, I agree with you about the state of radio anyway. Also, the employee claim is strictly anecdotal, although we must credit her with being much closer to the situation than we are and likely has a more accurate perspective.

We don't know how much advertising came from the town before. We also don't know how much fell off due to the politics of the situation and how much just "followed the economy".

However, if you turn the questions around, it would be surprising if the sponsors from the town didn't have SOME feelings about continuing to buy commercial time! Caledonia has taken a huge hit.

I think it is easy for those of us who live elsewhere to nitpick over where the Caledonia ship is leaking while it slowly sinks beneath the waves.

However, if you turn the questions around, it would be surprising if the sponsors from the town didn't have SOME feelings about continuing to buy commercial time! Caledonia has taken a huge hit.

I think it is easy for those of us who live elsewhere to nitpick over where the Caledonia ship is leaking while it slowly sinks beneath the waves.

Point taken.

Hmm ... not over yet!

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/ArticleDi....aspx?e=1418549

Six Nations pair want CKRZ back on air

Posted By SUSAN GAMBLE, EXPOSITOR STAFF

Posted 12 hours ago

With the Six Nations radio station off the air, controversy is swirling around a bid to take over the community broadcaster.

CKRZ 100.3 FM was shut down Sunday evening by its board of directors after the station's debt began rising past $100,000.

After news of the impending closure came out last week, a community couple stepped forward with a rescue plan to get the station back on the air.

Steve Williams, president of Grand River Enterprises, the reserve's huge cigarette manufacturer and the largest employer on Six Nations, and Lynda Powless, the publisher of the Turtle Island News, a weekly native paper, made a proposal to take over the operation.

"We did make a proposal," Williams said Tuesday, "but the board turned it down due to personal issues and (the band) council said they wanted to debate it."

Williams said he and Powless were prepared to take over the full debt of the station and keep the staff running the operation.

'BIG MISTAKE'

"I think the board made a big mistake. It's deeply in debt and it's not incorporated, so now the membership has to pay that debt."

Williams said he feels the board's decision wasn't based on concerns about his involvement with the cigarette company or Powless's involvement with another media outlet.

"I don't think that was it at all. It's personal. CKRZ was always a 'Roberta-and-Dave' radio station," he said, referring to former chief councillors Roberta Jamieson and David General.

"They weren't unbiased and you can tell which way the board went. It's very unfortunate."

Continued After Advertisement Below

Advertisement

Hooton Pool & Spa

However, board members reached Tuesday said they hadn't received any official proposal from Williams and Powless and hadn't made any decisions on such a proposal.

"We haven't turned down any proposal and haven't even entertained one," said new board chairman Andrew Joseph.

"This isn't even our decision. It's up to the membership and we've called an emergency meeting for Feb. 11."

Because CKRZ is a community radio station, it's run by a board of directors and a paid membership of about 75 people called the Southern Onkwehon:we Nishinabec Indigenous Communications Society, or SONICS.

Joseph said the board hopes to get some direction from the membership about whether it should dissolve the station's assets. It also will present any potential proposals at that meeting.

BOARD PROBLEMS

An unexpected monkey wrench has been thrown into the shutdown plans, though.

When the board brought in local lawyer Aaron Detlor to advise it about taking the station off-air, Detlor examined CKRZ's constitution and found that, due to a delay in the annual general meeting, several board members' terms were over.

The five-member board lost a longtime member in December and it put off its annual meeting because of it.

Former chairman Ward Laforme, Jr. and member Amos Key resigned on Friday at the news that their terms were up and Joseph automatically became the new chair. Now Joseph and another man are the sole remaining board members.

Joseph said the first order of business may be to recruit a few new -- and possibly temporary -- board members.

Laforme, the former chair, also said the board hasn't turned down an offer by Williams and Powless.

"I think it was turned down by the chief and council but I don't think the chief and council can do that legally, either," Laforme said.

Laforme is a Grand River Enterprises employee and said that Williams is his supervisor.

"If Steve (Williams) and Lynda (Powless) were to buy it, it doesn't affect GRE in any way because he's not acting as GRE but as a private individual," said Laforme.

Key agreed that the board hadn't received or turned down any proposals and said that, before his resignation, the goal was to bring several possibilities to the membership to vote on.

"The board isn't against anyone in particular getting it. We don't have that authority because it has to go to the membership."

Kathy Montour, CKRZ's fomer executive director, was at the station as a consultant on Tuesday, working on finalizing records of employment and working out severance pay.

"We've been hoping since November the two councils -- Six Nations and New Credit -- would become our corporate sponsors. And, when we asked for help with a revitalization plan, they said they would but we've never heard anything about it."

Montour said listening habits have changed for all radio stations, while the bottom has fallen out of bingo revenues -- once a critical part of the station's income. It has also become increasingly difficult to sell advertising due to land protests.

"We couldn't sell in Caledonia and now Brantford hates us. You can't have people protesting on sites all through Brantford and then go to them and say, 'Want to buy an ad?'"

Key, who invested 22 years of volunteer hours in the station, was there on Sunday as the CKRZ went off the air.

"I said the last few words, telling people it was like burying a 22 year-old child," he said. "I thanked all the former staff, board members and supporters and said hopefully it will rise from the ashes."

- - -

CKRZ MEETING

What: An emergency meeting of the SONICS membership to discuss the future of CKRZ and entertain possible proposals from buyers.

When: Feb. 11 at 7 p. m.

Where: The Sports Den at the Community Hall in Oshweken. Note: According to the SONICS constitution, people can buy memberships up to 24 hours before an annual general meeting, but the board has the discretion to accept or deny those memberships when it comes to voting.

So it appears that Wild Bill was pretty much spot on in his assessment of the advertising situation. Of course only the severely delusional would attempt to deny any hard feelings between these communities after all that has occured.

So what is this "Caledonia needs your help?" Why is it at this point in time there is no resolution - dozens of lawyers - a few law makers - professional arbitrators and negotiators have all been involved - what's the blockage? What ever it is someone does not want to reveal the problem and that is why the problem exists - someone broke some laws - and it was probably both sides..and the weight of embarrassment has brought the whole thing to a grinding irritating hault! You can not have secrecy and potential blackmail damage things further. All have a history of wrong doing and not one person on either side will admit to being a crook..You can not get it right untill you admit you are wrong. There that's my help - now who is going to confess? :rolleyes:

So what is this "Caledonia needs your help?" Why is it at this point in time there is no resolution - dozens of lawyers - a few law makers - professional arbitrators and negotiators have all been involved - what's the blockage?

Got a few hours? There's a few different opinions on that. :lol:

However, I signed the petition (see thread op) because I think all of it should be aired in a public inquiry.

What ever it is someone does not want to reveal the problem and that is why the problem exists - someone broke some laws - and it was probably both sides..and the weight of embarrassment has brought the whole thing to a grinding irritating hault! You can not have secrecy and potential blackmail damage things further. All have a history of wrong doing and not one person on either side will admit to being a crook..You can not get it right untill you admit you are wrong. There that's my help - now who is going to confess? :rolleyes:

Yah ... all of that ...

Not to say 'nothing' is happening. The federal government is in negotiations ...

Ok ... nothing. ;)

For Immediate Release

February 5, 2009

Time to determine the truth about Caledonia - Barrett

Private Members Bill calls for inquiry into land disputes

Caledonia – When the Legislature resumes mid-February government will receive official notice of MPP Toby Barrett’s proposed legislation calling for an inquiry into the now three years of land disputes that have marred the landscape of Haldimand, Brant, Brantford and Six Nations.

Barrett’s, “Truth about Caledonia Act, 2009” is set to be debated March 12th.

Barrett’s Private Members Bill calls for an inquiry:

1. to determine the truth with respect to allegations of political influence in the court’s administration of justice and the police enforcement of the law with respect to activities in Six Nations, Haldimand County, Brant County and the City of Brantford;

2. to determine the truth with respect to the ownership of land within the boundaries of the former Haldimand Tract; and

3. to make recommendations directed to preventing similar chaotic confrontations when dealing with future land dispute issues in the province, including recommendations with respect to ways in which we can improve dispute resolution in this area and enhance respect for the courts and the rule of law;

“As Opposition we began calling for an inquiry into Caledonia two and a half years ago – this proposed legislation builds on that motion, as well as Ken Hewitt’s petition to establish an inquiry into law enforcement,” stated Barrett. “It’s time we get all sides off this three-year hamster wheel.”

Barrett pointed out that the Ipperwash report described inquiries as a way to “find out what happened – to look back,” as well as to “look forward,” and “propose policy reform.”

The Haldimand-Norfolk MPP underlined his support for the public nature of inquiries as stressed in the Ipperwash report: “It provides a forum for citizens and groups to participate in the resolution of issues and the development of future policies…conducted in public view and with the participation of the public.”

“As the impacts of the ongoing land disputes continue unabated, the need for an inquiry grows more urgent by the day,” Barrett concluded. “Just as the Ontario Liberals previously sought answers through three private members bills - and finally government legislation - creating the Ipperwash Inquiry, so too we need answers through a Caledonia Inquiry.”

-30-

For more information, please contact MPP Toby Barrett at (519) 428-0446 or (905)-765-8413, 1-800-903-8629

obtained via e-mail