Ethics Commissioner to Investigate Flaherty

Cry more. So, al one needs to do is switch their proxy and re register, no big deal.

Only if post whoring was all that was needed to become a mod eh dobbin?

Please try to stay on topic jdobbin. I know it's hard with your wanna be mod tendencies but do try.

Just becasue my brilliance has you stumped for an answer don't lash out at me, an innocent forum poster.

I love how the media and the Liberals are trying to hype this thing against the CPC up so much. Just so they can say... see look, they are as corrupt as we are. Now vote us back in so we can go back to stealing your money...

It seems even junior Tories have a hard time abiding by the rules of the board and then personally attack when it is pointed out.

It seems even junior Tories have a hard time abiding by the rules of the board and then personally attack when it is pointed out.

For the last time I'm not a Tory. I'm a raving red Liberal. I love everything that is foreign and want to change everything traditional about Canada so it can be a non-religious secular paradise.

Can we please stay on topic sir?

The Liberals had their own in and out scheme with the volunteers. Why was this not investigated by the EC?

Edited by Qwerty

For the last time I'm not a Tory. I'm a raving red Liberal. I love everything that is foreign and want to change everything traditional about Canada so it can be a non-religious secular paradise.

What you appear to be is out of control and are probably headed for a banning. It's not too late to reel it in.

The thread now has nothing to do with Flaherty which I still think is important. I totally support the tendering process and can't understand why Flaherty would ignore his own department's warnings about the matter.

Edited by jdobbin

What you appear to be is out of control and are probably headed for a banning. It's not too late to reign it in.

The thread now has nothing to do with Flaherty which I still think is important. I totally support the tendering process and can't understand why Flaherty would ignore his own department's warnings about the matter.

Oh I know you have ratted me out jdobbin. As I said, if I am banned I can easily get another account if I choose. i will call it Qwerty_II

I totally agree with you on that as I have stated in my first post. He should not have acted in this manner. Reminds me of Adscam withth e helping of friends etc.

What you appear to be is out of control and are probably headed for a banning. It's not too late to reign it in.

Oh I know you have ratted me out jdobbin. As I said, if I am banned I can easily get another account if I choose. i will call it Qwerty_II

I totally agree with you on that as I have stated in my first post. He should not have acted in this manner. Reminds me of Adscam withth e helping of friends etc.

Its frustrating when the house of cards starts to fall Qwerty. We Liberal supporters sure know that, but don't get too upset and start taking things personally. You are starting, it seems, to get a little sideways on all this. Relax and defend your party's actions, if posible.

Its frustrating when the house of cards starts to fall Qwerty. We Liberal supporters sure know that, but don't get too upset and start taking things personally. You are starting, it seems, to get a little sideways on all this. Relax and defend your party's actions, if posible.

No it isn't possible. You have decided that everyone is guilty. Liberals are always ready to point the finger and say...look they are just as crooked so vote us backin so we can go back to stealing your millions. One small problem, Liberals have been proven crooks, the CPC has not but proof isn't important is it?

Edited by Qwerty

So let me get this straight $250+ million is the same as $1 million. Vote Liberal they are "entitled to their entitlements" and "that's not fair".

Stealing is stealing. The amount is irrelevant, it is the action which is wrong.

Everyone is entitled to their entitlements. Otherwise they wouldn't be entitlements, they would be incentives.

Stealing is stealing. The amount is irrelevant, it is the action which is wrong.

Everyone is entitled to their entitlements. Otherwise they wouldn't be entitlements, they would be incentives.

The CPC hasn't been proven of doing anything wrong. So please stick to the facts as they are.

If they have been proven to wrongdoing please cite an impartial reference to back up your statements other wise your statement is clearly false.

For the record it was the Liberals who coined that term "Entitled to our entitlements". This statement shows arrogance and lack of respect for the taxpayer.

The CPC hasn't been proven of doing anything wrong. So please stick to the facts as they are.
Proven? No, not yet. Accused? Most definitly. Bottom line is their actions involve taxpayer's money and possibly something illegal.
If they have been proven to wrongdoing please cite an impartial reference to back up your statements other wise your statement is clearly false.
When has the CPC ever needed proof to railroad any other policitian? All they need is a sniff of something wrong and they jump all over it. Too bad for you that in the public eye, you are guilty until proven innocent.

Now that the shoe is on the other foot it is too late for the CPC to start crying foul about how the game is played when they were the ones who helped make up the rules.

For the record it was the Liberals who coined that term "Entitled to our entitlements". This statement shows arrogance and lack of respect for the taxpayer.

Arrogant it may be, but it is a correct statement. Everyone is entitled to their entitlements.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...0422?hub=Canada

Flaherty was warned by his own people to put the contract up for tender and ignored that advice. Why?

Flaherty is still playing his old boys network. He believes he is superior and that so are Conservatives. That they can do as they wish, because only they can be trusted with power.

Flaherty will likely keep his seat and continue to damage the CPC.

The CPC isn't in the same boat as the LPC with regards to corruption. What they have proven to the general public, and not to their rabid supporters, is that they are no different and not above the antics of their predecessors. This is neither an accountable or new government, but a government less tainted then the previous one, only because of the short time they have been in power. But to have so much in such a short period, proves that not only do they not do anything differently, they won't change to create the more accountable government they promised.

And so each time the Liberals Falter, the CPC takes two steps backwards.

How come so bad, when so fresh?

If this did go on and it is looking more and more like it did. The Minister was clearly in the wrong and should be reprimanded for his actions.

Is it really that serious?

It is only one contract worth $120,000 that is in question afaik. he had two other contracts to this company that were indeed tendered.

It could have been an office oversight. This money could never have went to a liberal or left group anyways. This money was paid to the firm to write his speeches.

Edited by Right-Wing

If this did go on and it is looking more and more like it did. The Minister was clearly in the wrong and should be reprimanded for his actions.

Is it really that serious?

It is only one contract worth $120,000 that is in question afaik. he had two other contracts to this company that were indeed tendered.

It could have been an office oversight. This money could never have went to a liberal or left group anyways. This money was paid to the firm to write his speeches.

Is it really serious if it was "only"? How much would it have to be for the flock to not make excuses and justify this government's actions. It is serious when there is any breach of ethics or laws by any party or any government. One is not better because the actions aren't worth as much money, aren't as flagrant as another, if a government can be sneakier than the last one or if one appears to be "taking the high road" by saying they will follow the laws as they see them. A breach is a breach is a serious breach if it was done knowingly and especially if it was falsified or covered up (no matter how clumsily).

Is it really serious if it was "only"? How much would it have to be for the flock to not make excuses and justify this government's actions. It is serious when there is any breach of ethics or laws by any party or any government. One is not better because the actions aren't worth as much money, aren't as flagrant as another, if a government can be sneakier than the last one or if one appears to be "taking the high road" by saying they will follow the laws as they see them. A breach is a breach is a serious breach if it was done knowingly and especially if it was falsified or covered up (no matter how clumsily).

Yep, couldn't agree more. I liked the nod to Chretien(s) "a proof, is a proof"...witty.

Yep, couldn't agree more. I liked the nod to Chretien(s) "a proof, is a proof"...witty.

I thought you were going to use this handle....