Saddam's Trial

logical1

However, the battle cannot be won conventionally. (by that I mean conventional weapons, or even any weapons). It is, for now, far beyond the 'retarded pygmies' of the US' abilities to 'reason'.

Hello! Anybody in there? $500 Billion dollars to build a country out of run down equipment and a 19th century infastructure left by decades of corrupt dictators and aristocrats is conventional? GW Bush is the first ruler scince Alexander to wage war with hope and freedom instead of rape and fire. As for "retarded pygmies" it seems that you are one as you don't see what they are doing. 'Conventional Means' is shooting everybody in sight. That would present a casualty rate of about a thousand Iraqis a day. Seeing that? I am not belittling you Lonius, just seems that your Leftist Drive has gone back to 'automatic rhetoric mode' from the reality postition.

If Iraq fails in the future,

At what?

Lonius, tell me that 'Global Dumming' hasn't affected you. You know damm well that the intent of "fail" is that if the Iraqis lose the civilised country that will become theirs once the US relinquishes control is what "fail " means. You could take it that : if the terrorists take over. if France rules them, if Iran invades and imposes a religious theocracy or if they simply fade away into a Somalian feudalist society that would be the product of "fail."

Now here is Morgan defining what he, himself meant:

It's the Iraqis themselves. It's the neighbouring ME countries who support terrorists to go into Iraq and make mischief. It's the Muslims living in the West who sit on their westernized butts and bray and nay but do nothing constructive to urge the Iraqis to rise up and seize the future and condemn the opportunistic terrorists and radical Islamics that want to keep Iraq in the past. These will be the people who will be at fault.

If it isn't within yourself to agree with the reality of what is going on then at least come up with reasons why you don't. This tripe shit you threw out here can't be Lonius. It has to be somebody playing with your comp while you are getting ready to go out for the New Years.

Fleabag,

If the "liberated" Iraq ends up no different than the old Iraq under Saddam, then Iraq is a failed nation. Then Iraqis have failed themselves and have not taken advantage of the opportunity presented to them by coalition forces.

Up until this point, everyone has given Iraqis a pass on how they may have contributed to the state of affairs that allowed Saddam and his Baathist oligarchy to prosper while the majority of Iraqis suffered.

I am willing to give them a pass for now, too. It was external interference from a variety of nations, it was a ruthless despot who happened to be at the right place at the right time... blah, blah...

But if the Iraqis-particularly those living in the Sunni Triangle-sit on their hands and turn a blind eye to terrorists in their midst or worse, give aid to terrorists and let this opportunity to better themselves and their nation's future slip through the cracks, then I'd have to say there's a rot within and that the Iraqis themselves have been responsible for their wretched lives in the past and in the future.

Do you think coalition troops are going to be babysitting Iraqis indefinitely? Do you think coalition troops are going to do all the heavy lifting/the fighting for Iraqis indefinitely? I think not.

Do you think if radical Islamists take over 2/3 of Iraq, the West should continue to allow for refugee immigration from Iraq? I think not. The country Iraqis should be living from now on is the Iraq, for better or woese, of their own making. No more immigration to the West as an ace card when the going gets rough.

Thusfar, the only Iraqis I see who consistently have looked to the future and made good choices and who were willing to choose sides and take risks are the Kurds.

And no matter how the future of the rest of Iraq goes, the Kurds will do okay. They have likely negotiated with the Americans a nice slice of the oilfields territory for their help in tracking down Saddam and sons as well as Baathist terrorists.

They have likely negotiated with the Americans a nice slice of the oilfields territory for their help in tracking down Saddam and sons as well as Baathist terrorists.

Speaking of sons, did you know that it took Bush less time to find them than it took Hillary to come up with her records?

It took less time to take Iraq than Reno took to take Waco. Less time to take Iraq's republican Guard than it took to count the Florida Votes.