Your not allowed to kill your kids?

Assisted Suicide or Murder?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Suicides are the ultimate act of selfishness. I am always confused about why people would do such a thing. It's the people left behind that have to suffer when someone exits life.

Of course there's a lot of factors such a a terminal disease and such, but I still believe that this person was thinking only of himself and not his mother and how she'd have to live with it. Hey, all you suicide jockies, get some balls and go off yourself somewhere else by yourself if you have to do that. Don't leave a trail of hurt people using up our resources in court.

Of course what do they care, they're dead. Idiots. All of them.

What to do with this woman though? Simple, she admitted to premeditated murder. Death penalty. Oh yeah, we don't have that.

Wrong. Once you get to the point of hopelessness to kill yourself, you are convinced your death will be a relief from all the pain and suffering, whether mental or physical. Suicide is not selfish if you are the one dying.

What right do we have to force people to live with pain? :angry:

This needs to be debated and we need to enact legislation so there are safeguards in place.

I don't think you are a fool. But then, what's my own humble opinion against thousands of others?

Unless you have "been there" yourself, you will not understand why these things happen. :(

Suicides are the ultimate act of selfishness. I am always confused about why people would do such a thing. It's the people left behind that have to suffer when someone exits life.

Of course there's a lot of factors such a a terminal disease and such, but I still believe that this person was thinking only of himself and not his mother and how she'd have to live with it. Hey, all you suicide jockies, get some balls and go off yourself somewhere else by yourself if you have to do that. Don't leave a trail of hurt people using up our resources in court.

Of course what do they care, they're dead. Idiots. All of them.

What to do with this woman though? Simple, she admitted to premeditated murder. Death penalty. Oh yeah, we don't have that.

Wrong. Once you get to the point of hopelessness to kill yourself, you are convinced your death will be a relief from all the pain and suffering, whether mental or physical. Suicide is not selfish if you are the one dying.

What right do we have to force people to live with pain? :angry:

This needs to be debated and we need to enact legislation so there are safeguards in place.

I don't think you are a fool. But then, what's my own humble opinion against thousands of others?

Unless you have "been there" yourself, you will not understand why these things happen. :(

I have been...I have been there. :(

I don't know, why can't they do it themself? If someone can't pull their own trigger, I really have a reasonable doubt to believe they don't know what they are doing.
Blowing your brains out with a hand gun is a pretty messy way to die, however, that is the only option available today. Doctors should be allowed to prescribe leathal doses of medication but the person in question must be the one who takes it. If someone is severely incapacitated then you can set up a IV that can be triggered with a button press. However, it should be the one dies that presses the button.

Doctors prescribing lethal doses of medications actually contradicts the hippocratic oath. Assisited suicide could and should be done with a doc over-seeing the process. Assessment of the patient prior to and during the administration of drug should be done with scrutiny and sensitivity. This may be an option to avoid the painfully unecessary legal process after the fact.

Welcome to your new conservative age Canada....

if a person faces a long, cruel, painful death, who are we to say that a person cannot take the option of stepping out for themselves? Why shouldn't a family be able to assist if this is the wishes of the person?

We treat animals better for God's sake.