What's the future 4 Independent News on the net?

Blogs Here to Stay

Television networks have been successful in dumbing down and outright lying about what's really going on around the world. Self-regulation. To regulate the internet would undoubtedly mean government regulation. Do you think there is already movement afoot to do this--say in the U.S. among other western nations? Is it doable technologically? Would there be enough public opposition to make such a scenario impossible? It seems to me I read somewhere that China and NKorea can block a good deal of information already.

Inasmuch as knowledge is power, where is the net going in terms of helping people around the world to corral despotic leaders?

Didn't know exactly where to put this topic--lord knows it doesn't fit this category either--but it was my best shot.

I really don't think that this is a problem for us. We have the ability to think for ourselves and find information that is availible out there that isn't all about human interest and making a buck.

As for China and N. Korea, the only way they can exist as know is by keeping the truth about how much more advanced our society is from them. It would mean the end of power in those countries.