Forget Paris — Toronto is where it’s at

Guest American Woman

I'd take Vancouver and Seattle over any of those places any day. Nowhere beats the Pacific Northwest.

I'll be interested to hear what you think of the Alps. Also, I think you would love Ushuaia/the Beagle channel/Patagonia. The Andes are absolutely gorgeous and there are so many outdoor activities to do in the area. From what you've said, I think you'd love it. I think it's one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. Of course that's different than where one would choose to live ..... and I never have been to the Pacific Northwest, although I've been to Alaska. Two very different things, though, I realize. Never been to Banff/the Canadian Rockies, either, but they look gorgeous too. But again, much different criteria than what the opening post of this thread and the poll are referring to ........... but getting back to that, as I said, that's all relative, too ..........

I'll be interested to hear what you think of the Alps. Also, I think you would love Ushuaia/the Beagle channel/Patagonia. The Andes are absolutely gorgeous and there are so many outdoor activities to do in the area. From what you've said, I think you'd love it. I think it's one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen.

Definitely, and those are all places I'd love to go for vacation. But I wouldn't want to make my home in a South American country. Francy/Italy/Switzerland near the Alps would be ok though.

Of course that's different than where one would choose to live ..... and I never have been to the Pacific Northwest, although I've been to Alaska.

I've been to Alaska too, and it actually feels quite similar in many ways, in terms of the terrain/outdoor stuff. Of course, Alaska lacks the kind of big cities where I can find work in my chosen profession. Anchorage is actually farther away from cool outdoor stuff than Vancouver or Seattle are, and the towns that are close to it in Alaska are really tiny.

Two very different things, though, I realize. Never been to Banff/the Canadian Rockies, either, but they look gorgeous too. But again, much different criteria than what the opening post of this thread and the poll are referring to ........... but getting back to that, as I said, that's all relative, too ..........

Agreed, everyone definitely has different preferences. For me the two biggest criteria are: presence of aerospace industry, presence of mountains to go to on the weekends.

As far as cities go, Iv been to all the ones mentioned in this tread, and none of them are anywhere near close to being as cool as Paris. North American cities have some of the most boring architecture in the world. Walk along the sien in Paris, the buildings and bridges look like carvings or sculptures, instead of boring steel and glass cubes. I wouldnt wanna live there though... a cup of coffee costs about 6 bucks US :lol:

Why? Because the PricewaterhouseCoopers of the world says so? It's just some peoples' opinion, no more, no less. It depends on the individual, which city best suits them. As far as I'm concerned, NYC has nothing up over Toronto which has nothing up over Paris which has nothing up over San Francisco ..........

Yes, because Price-Waterhouse-Coopers says so. They are the ones that did the study or research or brain storming and got their list in the news. I am sure it was a slow news day... :D