OPP finally act

The Hurons, etc were already decimated by smallpox. 20,00 of 30,000 already dead. All of the communities were consolidating because they all experienced similar death rates ... after the blankets were distributed. ("Records" ... phooey ... ask an Elder)

K. Horn is an elder. I think if you ask her she'll tell you Joe Gualtieri was the one handing out the blankets.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K. Horn is an elder. I think if you ask her she'll tell you Joe Gualtieri was the one handing out the blankets.

:lol: good one! attempt at humour appreciated ...

... but more to the point of your vicious joke ... some might say it wasn't a blanket Sam was pressing on the 15 year old's windpipe, before his brother slugged Sam off, harshly it's true, but does an 18 year old know how much force to use if he's never hit anyone in a life or death situation before? Would I? Would you?

the euro-myth creation of history continues ... Six Nations ... Caledonia ... Stirling Woods ...

noahbody ... just another friggen sheetartist ... <_< IT'S JUST A FRIGGEN FLAG !!

A kid with a flag.

Missing the point ... these are a couple of shyteheaded small potatoes local developers making a stink, and only one builder did not leave the site when told to by the OPP ... cos the kids might hang a flag. <_<

HUNDREDS of developers, big and small, up and down the Haldimand Tract have done business with the Haudenosaunee Six Nations, because they KNOW their titles are not clear ... "There are no documents of transfer from Six Nations to the Crown" in Ontario's Land Registry, according to the developers and they searched their titles to find out.

Did you get that?

Who needs land claims? The government's own database tells business owners all they need to know: Six Nations has land rights in the Haldimand Tract. And they have an environmental plan they are implementing through their Haudenosaunee Development Institute. All development is screened. Some is stopped.

The Haldimand Tract ... the Grand River valley ... was at sustainable capacity 15 years ago. In the Ontario "Places to Grow" plan, the development skips the 'greenbelt' and paves and overpopulates the Grand River valley. It is simply not sustainable.

And it is not going to happen. We all owe a great debt to Six Nations for having the courage to stop the sprawl development on the greenfields. And most recently, along with local residents, stopping the dumping of toxic trash near the Grand River too.

Of course, Toronto still has to figure out what to do with its garbage, but it won't be dumped there! ;)

Absolutely nothing you've written indicates you are what you've claimed to be.

What were the palisades that surrounded their villages for? Decoration?

Many of the small community villages (2000-3000 people) discovered on the north shore, didn't have palisades. They were farming communities - satellites of a major village (10,000-15,000 people) within 1/2 day's walk. Yes those villages did have palisades to keep animals out of their vast stores. As well, the palisades kept children inside as they were allowed to roam freely under the watchful eye of the entire community. There was no wandering off into the woods since sentries would catch them before they wandered off. Most of the palisades were constructed of 1" to 2" diameter poles - hardly anything that would keep an attacker out.

There are oral histories of young children being enticed into the woods by small people only to be lost forever. There are accounts of some children who were found before it was too late, and they tell of these small people who lived under the ground. And these stories of small people run through a number of nations - Cree, Algonquin and Ojibway to name a few - and they are known by many different names.

BTW Everything I suspected of you is true. As an anthropologist you and your family line might be an interesting study to see how you ended up in the lower ranks of the evolution scale. However, I don't have time to study Neanderthal have long believed that line went extinct.

I am not looking for 'converts'.

I am blowing up people's illusions. A little TRUTH medicine.

However, there is little point on this board as it is a protected haven for white supremacists and racism. Totally useless human beings, imo.

Posit, I wish you well.

Personally I think this board is a losing proposition.

Why waste time with these boneheaded arseholes! They have no interest in learning.

They are racist predators ... only interested in victimizing.

Too bad they gave up on their white sheets, because they were more easily identifiable back then.

Aww... are you taking your ball and going home?

Do you seriously expect me to watch a 1 hour and 49 min video clip for YOUR pet peeve? Will you promise to watch one of mine?

I did watch the first few minutes to hear the initial premise. Even if I accepted it as gospel, what does that have to do with me or any of my arguments? If my ancestors were evil and yours were all saints as you constantly suggest, how am I responsible for my great great grandfather's actions?

Oddly enough, I think your arguments are illustrating a basic difference between the viewpoints of an aboriginal and a non-native. Natives think in terms of tribes and the rest of us don't!

To a non-native, such collective guilt is by definition racist.

Anyhow, another board I frequent has a great feature that might be useful here. It's called an "ignore" list. You can used it in your user control area to lock out any poster who you feel is too wacko, preachy and screechy. Just for yourself, of course. Others would have to make an "ignore" choice for themselves. We had a couple of preachy, screechy types on that board and this feature was marvelous! Rude and uncivilized types tended to disappear quickly when they had no audience.

Meanwhile, I guess I'm just going to have to train myself to ignore such displays of bad manners. Someone who can't be at least civil has no claim on me to pay attention.

Perhaps that's why such types often escalate words into violence.

There's an old biblical term that might be useful in dealing with such people: "pariah". Maybe we should put aside some land for militant protesters of all stripes and put them in there. Then we should put up walls and fences and refuse to trade, feed or interact with them in any way. Throw all the tools they need to farm for themselves over the wall but don't let anyone out until a few generations have passed and some individuals show signs of having learned basic manners. After all, WE believe that their children are NOT responsible for the actions of their fathers and mothers!

Freedom means being able to ignore those who screech...

Edited by Wild Bill

Many of the small community villages (2000-3000 people) discovered on the north shore, didn't have palisades. They were farming communities - satellites of a major village (10,000-15,000 people) within 1/2 day's walk. Yes those villages did have palisades to keep animals out of their vast stores. As well, the palisades kept children inside as they were allowed to roam freely under the watchful eye of the entire community. There was no wandering off into the woods since sentries would catch them before they wandered off. Most of the palisades were constructed of 1" to 2" diameter poles - hardly anything that would keep an attacker out.

There are oral histories of young children being enticed into the woods by small people only to be lost forever. There are accounts of some children who were found before it was too late, and they tell of these small people who lived under the ground. And these stories of small people run through a number of nations - Cree, Algonquin and Ojibway to name a few - and they are known by many different names.

BTW Everything I suspected of you is true. As an anthropologist you and your family line might be an interesting study to see how you ended up in the lower ranks of the evolution scale. However, I don't have time to study Neanderthal have long believed that line went extinct.

The primary reason why palisades are built is for defence. Smaller villages also would have had stores of food which also would have needed protection, so if palisades were constructed for protecting foodstores, then they should have had them as well; yet you claim they didn't. Moreover, if villages sometimes didn't have palisades, that could easily mean that during that period, there was no external threat. Villages tended to be occupied for short periods of time, c. 10 to 15 years at the most.

There are descriptions of palisades being quite tall and would have required logs somewhat thicker than one or two inches. Moreover the Iroquois sometimes built two or three layers and surrounded their villages with moats--rather extreme for keeping out a few deer (deer, incidently, are easily spooked, so a few sentries would do the trick) or the odd bear (which would quickly have been attacked by the resident "warriors," no doubt). Besides, archeological evidence shows that the biggest pest in Indian villages would have been rodents, which, incidently, were consumed in large quantities. Building walls around a village is a strange way of dealing with mice.

Lastly, let's cut the personal attack crap--it seems as though you just can't make a post without including some sort of pointed remark about me or my supposedly Germanic ancestors. You should try reading something about the Germanic invasions of Europe. You'll notice that there's a slight gap between the extinction of the Neanderthals and arrival of the Germanic peoples.

Do you seriously expect me to watch a 1 hour and 49 min video clip for YOUR pet peeve? Will you promise to watch one of mine?

Kevin's looking pretty European to me, and moreover, he professes to be a Christian. Strange how despite her revulsion towards both of these characteristcs, she's such a staunch advocate of Kevin's "euro-myths".

... but more to the point of your vicious joke ... some might say it wasn't a blanket Sam was pressing on the 15 year old's windpipe, before his brother slugged Sam off, harshly it's true, but does an 18 year old know how much force to use if he's never hit anyone in a life or death situation before? Would I? Would you?

Did the 15-year old plead guilty or not guilty to the charges against him? If guilty, please quit spreading fantasy. FYI, in the official police version, the accused 15 year old has one of the workers in a headlock. And later says he should have broken his neck when he had the chance.

noahbody ... just another friggen sheetartist

Not with the friends I keep. Sorry.

You seem to have a lot of misdirected anger. If I had to guess, I'd say your trust was violated by someone in the past. If so, try to remember it wasn't me. I wasn't around 200 years ago either.

Again, I'm NOT responding to anyone, but we need to be quite clear about historical evidence. Nothing that we know about the past is complete. Even in our modern world with all the means by which we can gather and compile information can we ever really derive a truly accurate picture of anything.

Hmm...I wonder if that applies to books from thousands of years ago.

Ah, but it would appear not, based on some postings concerning the bible.

Interesting isnt it? Native history, not so truthful, even though relatively recent, yet the bible, whoooo boy, that book is spot on in everything.

Give me an H, give me Y give me a P......

Did the 15-year old plead guilty or not guilty to the charges against him? If guilty, please quit spreading fantasy. FYI, in the official police version, the accused 15 year old has one of the workers in a headlock. And later says he should have broken his neck when he had the chance.

Not with the friends I keep. Sorry.

You seem to have a lot of misdirected anger. If I had to guess, I'd say your trust was violated by someone in the past. If so, try to remember it wasn't me. I wasn't around 200 years ago either.

Point being ... YOU DON'T KNOW, so stop presuming the trial outcome and making defamatory statements.

I do know there is video of the Gualtieri crew lying in wait for the boys, though. A friggen flag! Grown ups lying in wait and attacking teenagers over a friggen flag.

HUNDREDS of other developers up and down the Grand have managed to do business and get on with their business without attacking teenagers or anybody else.

Interesting isnt it? Native history, not so truthful, even though relatively recent, yet the bible, whoooo boy, that book is spot on in everything.

Good point guyser! ;)

Sorry to disagree Jennie but referring to an official police report and recounting parts of that official report is most certainly and definitely not making defamatory statements. By your logic one who recounts an official police report would almost be guilty of spreading hate. If the report exists then it exists, you may not like what it says but that does not invalidate it.

Your use of baseless rhetoric serves only to undermine anything you have to say.

Again, I'm NOT responding to anyone, but we need to be quite clear about historical evidence. Nothing that we know about the past is complete. Even in our modern world with all the means by which we can gather and compile information can we ever really derive a truly accurate picture of anything. But whatever the case, we have to work with what we have, and the written records that we have were produced by Europeans. Why? Because Indians could neither read nor write--until some were taught. Indians such as George Copway have also left us with some records. But in the end we have what we have. But now people are claiming that the true history exists--but where is this? Why hasn't it been written down and recorded, and why is the supposed existence of this "true history" only coming to light 200 or 300 years after the fact when the facts they present are conveniently advantageous to the people asserting these claims???

kengs you know that is not true. Why do you lie? Trying to make a point that doesn't exist perhaps?

"The facts" have been presented to the government numerous times over the last 200 years, beginning the day after the supposed 'surrender'. The government evaded them and continued to oppress them, passing laws to prevent them from pursuing legal redress, etc.

In the last 40 years, however, Canada has been repeatedly exposed internationally for its illegal and inhumane treatment of Indigenous people's land rights and basic human rights.

Canada now has no choice but to address these issues, but the issues have existed and have been pursued by Indigenous Peoples for centuries.

Ironically, Indigenous Peoples still want nothing but justice and to live in peace with us.

However, the bad faith negotiating methods of our federal governments continues to threaten peaceful resolution.

Edited by jennie

Point being ... YOU DON'T KNOW, so stop presuming the trial outcome and making defamatory statements.

I didn't make a defamatory statement. I provided you with information and asked you a question. The boy had his second appearance in court October 17. I assume he entered a plea on that date. Maybe you could find out for me if he pleaded guilty or not guilty. Thanks.

I do know there is video of the Gualtieri crew lying in wait for the boys, though. A friggen flag! Grown ups lying in wait and attacking teenagers over a friggen flag.

Have you seen it? No? Then how do you know it exists? Maybe it would be a good idea to hand it over to the police or put it on youtube. Again, two of the accused are over 18.

HUNDREDS of other developers up and down the Grand have managed to do business and get on with their business without attacking teenagers or anybody else.

I don't believe it's the Gualtieri crew that has been charged with assault. Stop making defamatory statements. :)

Edited by noahbody

I didn't make a defamatory statement. I provided you with information and asked you a question. The boy had his second appearance in court October 17. I assume he entered a plea on that date. Maybe you could find out for me if he pleaded guilty or not guilty. Thanks.

Have you seen it? No? Then how do you know it exists? Maybe it would be a good idea to hand it over to the police or put it on youtube. Again, two of the accused are over 18.

I don't believe it's the Gualtieri crew that has been charged with assault. Stop making defamatory statements. :)

The evidence is no doubt in the lawyers' hands. That is all you or I know at this point.

Edited by jennie

The evidence is no doubt in the lawyers' hands. That is all you or I know at this point.

Backpedaling again eh. I've noticed that you do it all the time. How do you expect to be taken seriously when every time someone raises a point you disagree with you go into immediate denial? From what I understand a great deal of the evidence has entered a more widespread forum than just the hands of the Lawyers. This being the case I believe it to be far more credible than some mysterious and elusive tape showing what you claim.

To me it looks like the child soldier "site security" are guilty, my opinion only at this point. Part of the reason I've come to conclude this is through your very own efforts. On this subject you've repeatedly told obvious falsehoods and flip flopped on your story more than a beached flounder.

As I've said before, your baseless and empty rhetoric do nothing to further your cause, you merely hinder it.

Also know Melvin Styres, the man who posted the bail for Byron Powless made this statement:

"He was defending the right of the Haudenosaunee people (to their land) as he understands it," he said.

Hate to foreshadow, but it doesn't sound like a claim of self-defense will be coming.

Backpedaling again eh. I've noticed that you do it all the time. How do you expect to be taken seriously when every time someone raises a point you disagree with you go into immediate denial? From what I understand a great deal of the evidence has entered a more widespread forum than just the hands of the Lawyers. This being the case I believe it to be far more credible than some mysterious and elusive tape showing what you claim.

To me it looks like the child soldier "site security" are guilty, my opinion only at this point. Part of the reason I've come to conclude this is through your very own efforts. On this subject you've repeatedly told obvious falsehoods and flip flopped on your story more than a beached flounder.

As I've said before, your baseless and empty rhetoric do nothing to further your cause, you merely hinder it.

I see no point in trying to predict the outcome. I was simply pointing out that people jumping to conclusions here didn't even know who attacked who first, didn't even know that Gualtieri was waiting to attack them. Just some information that might tone down the rhetoric from the minions a bit, who are trying to prejudice people here.

The Bible and Indian oral history are two totally different things.

I see no point in trying to predict the outcome. I was simply pointing out that people jumping to conclusions here didn't even know who attacked who first, didn't even know that Gualtieri was waiting to attack them. Just some information that might tone down the rhetoric from the minions a bit, who are trying to prejudice people here.

You ever been on a shrimp boat?

The Bible and Indian oral history are two totally different things.

One you believe, and one you dont. But then again, if you had any idea why, then I am rather confident you would tell me why.

But you didnt , likely because you stopped and said.....Uh oh, caught being a....

Give me a H.....

Edited by guyser