Why was KO2 banned?

Guest coot

That is ridiculous backpedalling. YOu are saying you didnt make this accusation against him and then you are saying that he is a representative of those who hold this belief----that is basically saying the same thing. He is not representing this "archetype", you just say he is.

Correct, jefferiah, no where at all did I accuse scottsa of plotting genocide, I did not make that accusation, at all.

reread everything I posted.

and please show me where I accused scottsa of "plotting genocide".

Edited by kuzadd

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah good point Kuzadd...you didnt I must concede. But I think you are also fully aware of what it is he is calling you out on. Don't play games.

You said that Scott only likes the idea of race because it makes ok when "THEY" are dying. That was an unfair conclusion based on absolutely nothing.

I dont think this thread is the place to argue it anymore really.

As someone on the right, I've been given a warning on at least a couple of occasions. I think since these warnings don't get publicized around here the lefties such as kuzzad and chick (among others) may think they are hard done by. You are not, but feel free to abstain from this forum in protest all you want.

1. Geoffrey, how was I supposed to know that linking to a video would get me banned?

2. I find it ironic that Scottsa and Sharkman get seemingly NUMEROUS warnings for willfully egregious behaviour whilst I get NO warning for a quite innocent misjudgement. (Indeed, the admin went out of his way to put my post back up just so he could ban me.)

Bye....

1. Geoffrey, how was I supposed to know that linking to a video would get me banned?

2. I find it ironic that Scottsa and Sharkman get seemingly NUMEROUS warnings for willfully egregious behaviour whilst I get NO warning for a quite innocent misjudgement. (Indeed, the admin went out of his way to put my post back up just so he could ban me.)

Bye....

In the time I've been here (going on 2 years and 2000 posts), I've received maybe three warnings. You mean you've NEVER received ONE warning EVER? Really? With your mouth, and 3300 posts, I don't believe that.

Love me while you're leavin' darling.

Edited by sharkman

Common sense. I would certainly hope you have some level of judgement skills above that of a 5 year old. You posted that intentionally to provoke a response from the admin. There is little doubt in my mind.

Yes, it would seem to me to be a pretty obvious thing as well. But nonetheless, lets apply the benefit of the doubt to Figleaf's case.

OK Figleaf, lets say you had no idea that this would be inappropriate. Now perhaps they could have given you a warning. But as Geoffrey points out it seems a pretty common sense thing. Now so you were kicked without a chance to defend yourself. Was the time hard? How was the chain gang out there? You were allowed to come back in. I have had similar things happen to me. Sometimes the judgement is swift and there is no argument. But the judgement was not harsh and you are allowed back in. How much skin is off your back? See you are alive and ok and allowed back in. Now you can say to yourself "OK....apparently they dont like the racy photos here."

You are a good poster, I am sure they are not overly outraged at you. But if you keep making a stink over it you will probably make things worse for yourself. It is not the end of the world. I have been kicked from places and I have come back arguing alot more vehemently than you have. And the end result is you end up losing your second chance. And time has showed me that I was often in the wrong. All you have to do is accept that you are back in and you will be fine.

It's like being part of any group or club. There are ground rules. You break the rules and you are temporarily banned. The bigger the offense, the longer you are banned. That's how it works with members of the Royal Canadian Legion. There are club rules regarding behaviour. You break the rules, you pay. Then you come back and everything is fine.

I think you all are missing the point here, it's the same thing jazzer, kuzadd and I were saying on the other thread: the moderating team ignores direct violations of the rules and ignores requests to resolve issues with belligerent posters.... yet someone like Figleaf gets banned without warning for something which is questionable, but does not violate any specific rules of the board.

Yeah fair and balanced..... like Fox News.

Well, let's take a look at how poor Kuzzad is oppressed here. 5 minutes ago I got a warning to stop "belittling people", with a specific reference to a post in which I told kuzzad to "shutup." Why did I tell him to shutup? Well, because he said this to me in the previous post: "In a nutshell, it is necessary for people such as scottsa, to believe, this nonsense, so when the "THEMS" are being killed scottsa, can feel ok with that." So I am warned for telling Kuzzad to "shutup", although apparently it's just peachy for him to accuse me of plotting genocide. Go figure.

scottsa:

I did not accuse you of "plotting genocide". How preposterous, really and dramatic.

I was merely using you to demonstrate an archetype, there was actually no need to tell me to "shut-up" and then continue on with your insults.

I do hope you understand the concept of archetype?

This is not the place to argue this particular case, but let me say this: If I were to say to you that you represent the archetype of people who ought to shut up, would that fundamentally change the sentiment I'm expressing? I realize from a previous discussion that you claim be be 100% sure of things, even though you seem a bit confused as to what precisely the things you're sure about are, so this conceptual confusion on your part is not exactly a surprise. Let me also suggest to you that although you claim a substantial education along with lots of smarts and therefore already must know this, writing need not resemble an attack by commas on the English language as in the following sentence: "it is necessary for people such as scottsa, to believe, this nonsense, so when the "THEMS" are being killed scottsa, can feel ok with that". Archetypically speaking, of course.

In the time I've been here (going on 2 years and 2000 posts), I've received maybe three warnings. You mean you've NEVER received ONE warning EVER? Really? With your mouth, and 3300 posts, I don't believe that.

Yes I can attest to that. I have received two or three that seemed silly. One for taking a shot at Hillary Clinton and a couple for some sort of procedural type thing.

There is always a few on a forum that feel the need to be coddled and breast feed. They generally kick up a fuss using words like Hatred and Racist to get their own way. I like to think of them as the "Useful Idiots", they don't debate because the lack the maturity to read and discuss other poster's opinions. They are so entrenched into their own idiology a prybar wouldn't help them see another's point of view.

If a mod warns me I thinks it's prudent to listen to the voice of authority, I might wimper but challenge them no.

I doubt it,you're a Liberal, and Liberals are known to lie.

Even though I am not a Liberal and have always voted conservative, I think comments like this one are what really should be a bannable offence in a forum like this. They say nothing, are only meant to provoke, and are destructive to coherent debate.

Even though I am not a Liberal and have always voted conservative, I think comments like this one are what really should be a bannable offence in a forum like this. They say nothing, are only meant to provoke, and are destructive to coherent debate.

Why are liberals so fond of authority?

Edited by ScottSA

If a mod warns me I thinks it's prudent to listen to the voice of authority, I might wimper but challenge them no.

Yeah taking a shot at the guy with his hand on the button is not a good idea. I never saw what figleaf did so I can't really saying much about that particular case.

name='Canuck E Stan' post='238930' date='Jul 20 2007, 09:40 PM']

No it shouldn't be. You just handle it.

Bye....

I find it amusing that Fibleaf claims to know what warnings someone might privately get. More accurately though, she found it ironic that after playing high school monitor and reporting Scott and Shark numerous times she made herself a pain in the ass to the moderator and was given a taste of her own medicine.

Good riddance to a useless pillock.....

Bye....

I find it amusing that Fibleaf claims to know what warnings someone might privately get. More accurately though, she found it ironic that after playing high school monitor and reporting Scott and Shark numerous times she made herself a pain in the ass to the moderator and was given a taste of her own medicine.

Typical. You just can't help but resort to insults. But that's great since you're just the sort of poster Greg seems to want to keep around here.

Anyway, for your information, since your reading skills are clearly inadequate, both Scott and Sharkman themselves stated above that they had received warnings, hence how I know.

As for your 'Fibleaf' line, it's even more ironic, since you're a demonstrated liar, while I was always scrupulously honest in my posts.

Bye, Dancer, I won't miss you.

Edited by Figleaf

Typical. You just can't help but resort to insults. But that's great since you're just the sort of poster Greg seems to want to keep around here.

Anyway, for your information, since your reading skills are clearly inadequate, both Scott and Sharkman themselves stated above that they had received warnings, hence how I know.

As for your 'Fibleaf' line, it's even more ironic, since you're a demonstrated liar, while I was always scrupulously honest in my posts.

figleaf!!!!!!

while I understand your postion, and have had some pm's from other's wrt exactly that which you talk about.

"You just can't help but resort to insults. But that's great since you're just the sort of poster Greg seems to want to keep around here."

take a good look around this place. Rather then discuss a topic, you get reams of "poster discussion" Inc one referring to my husbands "balls" but hey that poster is still here, so it is indicative, of what is acceptable.

Never mind the rampant racism, inc. comments on white supremecy, promoting hatred via billboard, and a lengthy discussion on preserving the "white race" as if there is any such thing as different races, but I digress, a great deal....sorry for that.

Curious, have you found another forum?

If you don't wish to say here, you can p.m. me, I would most appreciate it!

thanks!

BTW: there's a saying "don't let the b*st*rds drag you down"

come back with a vengence!

it's my motto, along with Marilyn Manson lyrics, which did have poor sharkman in a tizzy.

Edited by kuzadd

Never mind the rampant racism, inc. comments on white supremecy, promoting hatred via billboard, and a lengthy discussion on preserving the "white race" as if there is any such thing as different races, but I digress, a great deal....sorry for that.

Gee, I missed that thread, could you locate it for me?

Bye....

I too take my leave and won't return. I don't need the mean spiritedness and insults that have replaced honest debate.

take a good look around this place. Rather then discuss a topic, you get reams of "poster discussion" Inc one referring to my husbands "balls" but hey that poster is still here, so it is indicative, of what is acceptable.

I think you are referring to my post in the topic America's Death Throes. Yes, I did refer to your husband's balls. I don't see anything wrong at all with what I said. And just so other posters will know what we're talking about, this is my response to yours on that thread.

BTW scottsa, I am not a guy.

I am a .............................. dam smart, butt kickin', good lookin woman!

who doesn't take any crap.

Yet my hubby of over 20 yrs loves me.

aaaahhh, ain;t that sweet?

are you jealous yet?

lol!

Uh...I don't know how your husband is connected with the topic, unless his "empire" is on its death throes being cowed by all this shining intelligence, not to mention getting butt-kicked and fearing for his balls. :lol:

And what's with this about Scott being jealous of your husband? Am I missing something here?

What is wrong about my comment?

If you find it in poor taste because of my usage of the word "balls," then refer to your own tasteless statements.

I did not bring your husband in onto the discussion....you did!

Your statement gave me the impression you were kidding around...so I picked up on your crude "tone" (and just simply mirrored what you stated). You used the words butt-kickin', ....dam smart, and crap.

You sounded like you were teasing. You used "lol". Well?

At least I actually softened my rebuke of your out-of-topic comment by making light of it.

And if I'm not mistaken, I was not the only one who commented about your out-of-topic comment.

You broke forum rules in your statement. And on a whole lot of other statements in numerous topics.

And you're still around, aren't you?

So what are you on about the implied accusations you're throwing on the moderators of this forum?

Edited by betsy

I believe that new Messages open as a separate box when a poster logs on. It would be impossible to miss it. (There is also an email sent separately.)
Correct on both counts: a separate box appears and a separate email are sent.

However, the separate box requires JavaScript to function and will not appear if JavaScript is turned off on the browswer.

Some people actually have JavaScript turned off knowingly or unknowingly. All members should check their browser settings. [There are valid reasons for which JavaScript is disabled while surfing the internet. Those reasons are beyond the scope of this post. However, members who do not know what is JavaScript or how to find it in their browser settings, I emplore you to trust me on this: your internet technical abilities are severely deficient and it behooves you to learn more about the tools you use to exchange information on the web. I can not stress this enough.] Personally, I hate JavaScript but it is part of this forum software. The Personal Messaging system in the forum uses JavaScript to create that in-your-face message box.

Previewing a post does NOT require JavaScript enabled.

---

One of the constant challenges of Internet communication is cross-platform universality and differences in individual hardware/software combinations. Not everybody's computer reproduces websites the same.

I have encountered members whose participation in the forums is diminished for technical reasons. For example, recently some members had trouble with the various aspects of the editing functions. The problem was resolved after the member updated the JavaScript in his browser. It was the member's browser that was the problem and there was nothing wrong with the forum software.

---

Regardless of an individual's browser settings, forum Personal Messages and warnings can always be read by checking the top right-hand corner after one logs into the forum:

Help Search Members Calendar

My Controls · View New Posts · My Assistant · # New Messages