New Moderator!

Greg

regardless of his, or his mommys thoughts, Steve is I'm sure an acceptable name to be used on this board.

Even if it was meant with some pepper, there is nothing wrong with it and it should not have been changed

If that's acceptable to call Harper, Steve,then "Stephie" would be acceptable to call Dion. yes?

On reflection, I have to acknowledge that there is a silver lining to having Charles Anthony run around making changes to threads. It means that forum members will have to log on constantly and watch dilligently to see what was really said before the mod got busy. That is, of course, unless the person whose post was changed actually makes a point of bringing it up to demand an explanation. Apparently verboten. Sort of reminds me of .... well, nevermind. In any case, the point is that moderators should indicate when they have changed threads and provide their reasons. The arbitrary and mysterious exercise of power is particularly odious in a politicial forum. I am not surprised that JBG and geoffrey would be so tolerant of this, but I am disappointed in you, kimmy.

I received a warning from Greg for my posts on this issue, which he described as "beyond contempt". Those of you who want to know where the bar for "beyond contempt" is set, can now get a clue.

Don't expect me to refer to Steve by any other name - at least until such time as I might be banned. Yes, I do it out of a lack of respect. That's the point. You want a measure of the man, just look at his friends. Lie down with dogs, get up with fleas, as the saying goes.

Edited by Higgly

On reflection, I have to acknowledge that there is a silver lining to having Charles Anthony run around making changes to threads. It means that forum members will have to log on constantly and watch dilligently to see what was really said before the mod got busy. That is, of course, unless the person whose post was changed actually makes a point of bringing it up to demand an explanation. Apparently verboten. Sort of reminds me of .... well, nevermind. In any case, the point is that moderators should indicate when they have changed threads and provide their reasons. The arbitrary and mysterious exercise of power is particularly odious in a politicial forum. I am not surprised that JBG and geoffrey would be so tolerant of this, but I am disappointed in you, kimmy.

I received a warning from Greg for my posts on this issue, which he described as "beyond contempt". Those of you who want to know where the bar for "beyond contempt" is set, can now get a clue.

Don't expect me to refer to Steve by any other name - at least until such time as I might be banned. Yes, I do it out of a lack of respect. That's the point. You want a measure of the man, just look at his friends. Lie down with dogs, get up with fleas, as the saying goes.

Then I expect your remaining time here will be short.

When you joined this forum, there were simple rules that you agreed to abide by. One of them is name calling. Since you have now decided to willingly break that rule whenever you feel like it, I find it surprising you can't put two and two together regarding the moderator's response. Get a clue.

When such rulings come from the moderator, as I was finally able to elicit from Charles Anthony after considerable prodding, then it has weight. When it comes from a third party like yourself second-guessing what a second party may or may not have had in mind, it has considerably less weight. Charles Anthony made the comment that he edited for accuracy. He is going to be a busy guy.

As for the rules I agreed to, my understading was and still is that it applies to name-calling of other members, such as a name that I might call you, Sharkman, for example.

My position remains that moderator editing of posts should be flagged in some manner and explained.

Edited by Higgly

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think threads should be modified so that it changes the origional post. I would like to see a edit footnote at the bottom of the edited post to show the new edited post. Keeping the origional intact. Or provide a link to the old unedited post.

Context is important. And changing that context alters the posters origional thought. It could be missinterpreted. If a mod changes it, then 100% there should be a footnote with the Mod's new edited post of that person. I will give them the benifit of the doubt that the Mods are trying to do some good. But I also beleive that the Mod should be held accountable for editing the post if it changes the context or meaning or the idea the person was getting across.

• 9 years later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Altai said:

I want to be new moderator ^_^

I think that's a great idea.  As we're all on your ignore list, we can get away with murder!

Edited by bcsapper
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it when no-one is watching - Not Blaise Pascal

4 hours ago, bcsapper said:

I think that's a great idea.  As we're all on your ignore list, we can get away with murder!

I think she noticed that she was losing too much audience, as some of us have been unignored; I lasted a total of two posts before I managed to trip the ignore button again!   You would think a nasty defender of Islam such as myself would do better, eh?   :)