Paid Posters

Yeah you got it right! The Liberals are much better liars than the Tories. :lol:

And Tories are so much worse at copy-catting. They have their own ideas.

Or the Liberals don't do it because they aren't as corrupt as their Tory counterparts.

And you never responded about whether you were paid to post here.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Tories are doing it because Liberals are, they are doing a terrible job because they get caught at it whereas the Liberals don't.

Yeah you got it right! The Liberals are much better liars than the Tories. :lol:

So, do you get paid by the post or is it part of your salary? :lol:

Unfortunately, no.

I won't mind getting paid though. Don't know where to send the invoice. :lol:

Or the Liberals don't do it because they aren't as corrupt as their Tory counterparts.

Oh yeah Liberals do it alright!

And since you mentioned the word corrupt, the Liberals even try to "corrupt" the meaning of the word corrupt! :lol:

I'd say the Cons, if not as good, are learning fast in the lying department. Baird's "we believe in Kyoto" as they slashed and burned all the Liberal programs then brought them back as their own. Oooops, there goes your "They have their own ideas" bs. They have everybody else's ideas as well as a few half baked ones of their own. You really need to be a smidgeon more objective.

And You? Don't you get paid for words you write?

I do. But political parties couldn't afford my Writers Guild minimum rate.

It appears your full time job must be very lucrative in order to allow you all this time to post here on the forum.

Or is the Writer's Guild minimum wage as high as some political party's advertising agency fees?

It appears your full time job must be very lucrative in order to allow you all this time to post here on the forum.

Or is the Writer's Guild minimum wage as high as some political party's advertising agency fees?

I live quite comfortably, thank you very much. And I probably type a lot faster than you.

Minimum pay for a feature film script in Canada is $47,000. If it is based upon my treatment, another $21,000. If it is based on someone else's treatment, $31,000. If I do a re-write on my own material, $24,000. If I do a polish on my own material, $7,000. If I do a third draft, $12,000.

And that is just the minimums. Minimums for the U.S. are a lot higher. There is no rule that you can't earn higher.

And the beauty of it (or sad part if you like) is that the writer often gets paid even if the whole project gets shelved.

I do other work as well and that pays roughly $60 a hour. I'm certainly not a lawyer who earns $500 an hour or anything like that.

At any rate, I don't think anyone is going to pay me the minimum for writing here.

I'd say the Cons, if not as good, are learning fast in the lying department. Baird's "we believe in Kyoto" ...

And did you believe Baird when he said "we believe in Kyoto?" No.

That's what I mean. The Cons aren't good at lying! :lol:

And yet, after 13 years and numerous lies from the Liberals.....you still buy their story. Just listen to yourselves right now.

You provide me with proof actually.

Why are you still biting? Why?

Because the Libs are masters of con!

they slashed and burned all the Liberal programs then brought them back as their own. Oooops, there goes your "They have their own ideas" bs. They have everybody else's ideas as well as a few half baked ones of their own. You really need to be a smidgeon more objective.

No. What you said was just an example of what I mean that the Cons are poor copy-catters!

You only confrimed what I said. :lol:

You really need to be careful. Whose side are you on anyway? MINE? :lol:

The truth is I suppose, that we should be grateful that the Liberals are such good liars.

What if they actually did carry out some of the programs they dreamt up, universal daycare, gun control, Kyoto....we'd really be in trouble.

Good thing they never really meant to do anything. :lol:

The one big program, Medicare, that they claim as their own, was a Social Credit program to begin with...and it's broke and getting broker. I guess they're motto is, "if it is broke, keep it!"

I live quite comfortably, thank you very much. And I probably type a lot faster than you.

Minimum pay for a feature film script in Canada is $47,000. If it is based upon my treatment, another $21,000. If it is based on someone else's treatment, $31,000. If I do a re-write on my own material, $24,000. If I do a polish on my own material, $7,000. If I do a third draft, $12,000.

And that is just the minimums. Minimums for the U.S. are a lot higher. There is no rule that you can't earn higher.

And the beauty of it (or sad part if you like) is that the writer often gets paid even if the whole project gets shelved.

I do other work as well and that pays roughly $60 a hour. I'm certainly not a lawyer who earns $500 an hour or anything like that.

At any rate, I don't think anyone is going to pay me the minimum for writing here.

I would suggest Jdobbin that you do a cost/ benefit analysis. It appears to me if that is the case, you're wasting a lot of time and money piddling around on this site. Mind you, girls do just gotta have fun. :lol:

I would suggest Jdobbin that you do a cost/ benefit analysis. It appears to me if that is the case, you're wasting a lot of time and money piddling around on this site. Mind you, girls do just gotta have fun. :lol:

Which girls are you referring to?

As far as a cost benefit analysis, I think that could be said for anyone who reads, watches TV, surfs the net or whatever. I live quite comfortably. Spent time in the backyard today, barbecued some steak for my wife, did some grocery shopping, filled the car and washed it, went for a walk in the forest by my house, saw deer as I usually do, watched a bit of news, talked to family on the phone, did some studying for my other job. Oh yes, and I earned some money working and posted to some threads here.

I suppose I could have earned some more money somewhere during the day but how much money is enough? is that what drives you?

I do most of my earning in the winter months. In the summer, I just do what I want and spend the money I earned all winter. It's way too nice out to be inside in front of the computer.

I do most of my earning in the winter months. In the summer, I just do what I want and spend the money I earned all winter. It's way too nice out to be inside in front of the computer.

Some jobs are like that. Make your money in a short time with a lot of work and take some time. Nice that you have been able to do that.

jdobbin,

We maybe on the opposite side of the political spectrum(and probably always will be),but I have to say(with sincerity) I think your ability to make a living out of doing something as creative as writing screen plays is absolutely wonderful.

We all wish we could do something "creative" with our lives, congratulations on being able to do just that.

As life goes on and we get preoccupied with earning a living, a lot of us put our potential creativeness aside and plod along in earning a living doing something else... just to pay the bills.

I probably have a hundred screen plays I would want to write....in my head,a thousand movies.... I could see filmed in my brain, and an equal number of songs that should be composed at the tip of my tounge.

It'll never happen for me,but I'm glad someone has the ability to get it done.:) Good for you.

Now back to the forum.....can you believe those Liberals?

-CES

We maybe on the opposite side of the political spectrum(and probably always will be),but I have to say(with sincerity) I think your ability to make a living out of doing something as creative as writing screen plays is absolutely wonderful.

We all wish we could do something "creative" with our lives, congratulations on being able to do just that.

As life goes on and we get preoccupied with earning a living, a lot of us put our potential creativeness aside and plod along in earning a living doing something else... just to pay the bills.

I probably have a hundred screen plays I would want to write....in my head,a thousand movies.... I could see filmed in my brain, and an equal number of songs that should be composed at the tip of my tounge.

It'll never happen for me,but I'm glad someone has the ability to get it done.:) Good for you.

Now back to the forum.....can you believe those Liberals?

??

Thanks. I think my only regret on these boards sometimes is that I don't know the people who post here and what they do for a living or how they live.

I started writing several years ago and hope to write in one way or other the rest of my life. I've done a number of job over the years to support the writing career but now have a job that complements writing scripts quite well. That, and being married to a nurse, we should live quite comfortably.

The one thing I appreciate is that with the Internet, I can write for a producer in Montreal, Los Angeles or Vancouver and never leave my hometown. I suppose if I ever write for a series, I'd have to think about moving but having said that, I know a few series writers living in Winnipeg such as Al Rae and Jordan Wheleer.

As for the Liberals, I think now that it is summer, the "Gone Fishin'" sign is pretty much up till mid-fall.

I think all of the parties will have to do some thinking as to what they want to do to make Parliament work. Harper has to come with a way of reclaiming the agenda, Dion has to get himself known and communicate his message, Layton has to find a way to break into Quebec or his party will always be an afterthought, May has to win a seat. The BQ? Well, the BQ just has to keep the money rolling in.

Last summer Lebanon and Afghanistan hurt Harper in the polls. Even when the Gone Fishin sign goes up, the world still turns. Afghanistan will continue to be an issue and who knows what else could happen in Canada or around the world that could challenge a leader in Canada. Best be prepared should be the motto.

I suppose I could have earned some more money somewhere during the day but how much money is enough? is that what drives you?

You're right, money isn't everything....you seem to have found a good balance. I think as long as we're happy and comfy with what we do. Good for you.

You really need to be careful. Whose side are you on anyway? MINE? :lol:

No, I have this problem about being a sheep. Seems you don't mind.

Being right isn't being a sheep. Sometimes other people are right too.

Of course you have to be able to recognize when they are. Then you can baaaa at will. :lol:

I hope this doesn't get your goat....or your sheep....or your bunny wabbit. :lol:

Certainly, Tories have been known to call into phone shows on the radio and impersonate ordinary citizens. Sometimes they even impersonate their bosses.

Liberals have been calling phone shows on the radio, and on tv, impersonating ordinary citizens. This tactic especially appeal to the Liberals since they are such big liars to begin with. Conservatives are just taking a defensive stand.

Please provide proof of your assertations betsy, because we all know the proof of the CPC doing so, Jaffer anyone?

The CPC and their followers top Liberal liars any day of the week.

The one big program, Medicare, that they claim as their own, was a Social Credit program to begin with...and it's broke and getting broker. I guess they're motto is, "if it is broke, keep it!"

Wow, now there is a doosey, medicare had NOTHING to do with the social credit it was Tommy Douglas under the CCF/NDP who brought universal health care to Canadians.

And the only reason it is getting broker, if indeed it is is because the Federal governemnt funding is going elsewhere like 1.5 billion a year minimum to Afghanistan and thus it has been since Martin made the the deep cuts back in 1994.

And thank goodness we have the sytem we do, if it was USian style it would be even broker.