Fight the Boycott of Israel

It's quite entertaining to see quotes be taken out of context!

How refreshing and intelligent! Thank you Scriblett!

Anyway Scriblett - care to answer any of the questions posed?

Care to keep on topic?

Really, I'm flattered you pay so much attention to little old me! I guess my hugs and kisses just win you over eh?

ROFLMFAO!! :D

I wouldn't want to be getting earfuls like that, no. But neither would I like to be provoked to them. Anyway, I have no idea what rule you think is being broken there.

All of that earful is from bcat in various posts and was hardly 'provoked' there's more, but it's not worth it.

The other poster corrected what he'd said, I suppose that doesn't count.

Either way, she displays a double standard by breaking the rules regularly herself, then accusing others of the same things, maybe it would be better if everyone just stuck to the subject without the inflammatory remarks. We all do at times for sure, but most us don't tell people they are full of bigotted horse hooey and more. If you look back other posters have commented on it and agree we need another moderator.

cheers

The rules broken in a number of posts containing the insults would be:

NO PERSONAL ATTACKS

Please respect others using this board by refraining from personal attacks. There is a huge difference between disagreeing with a thought or idea and attacking an individual. We encourage lively debate and intelligent critiques of others viewpoints, not tirades against another poster.

INSULTS

Insults are the ammunition of the unintelligent - do not use them. It is okay to criticize a policy, decision, action or comment. Such criticism is part of healthy debate. It is not okay to criticize a person's character or directly insult them, regardless of their position or actions. Derogatory terms such as "loser", "idiot", etc are not permitted unless the context clearly implies that it is not serious. Rule of thumb: Play the ball, not the person (i.e. tackle the argument, not the person making it).

People who have a history of antagonistic behaviour will be treated more harshly than those who do not.

Insults levelled at third-parties (companies, political parties, nationalities) are also forbidden in the forums.

HEY SCRIBLETT:

CAN YOU ANSWER THE QUESTION?

CAN YOU KEEP TO THE THREAD?

CAN YOU FOLLOW YOUR OWN ADVICE?

"maybe it would be better if everyone just stuck to the subject without the inflammatory remarks"

*sigh*

Why is the boycott being considered?

What reason does the Occupation play in these proposed boycotts?

Are Israeli Settlements in the Occupied territories legal? Moral? Just?

Guest chilipeppers

"maybe it would be better if everyone just stuck to the subject without the inflammatory remarks"

*sigh*

bigger *sigh* pot - black and then some

you are a hypocrite cat, your doing the same thing here as you did in the other forum you got closed down. You started this maybe the moderator will finish it for you.

When does Kuzadd come riding to the rescue LOL

The rules broken in a number of posts containing the insults would be:

NO PERSONAL ATTACKS

Please respect others using this board by refraining from personal attacks.

Curious ... which statements do you suggest were personal attacks? Noting ...

There is a huge difference between disagreeing with a thought or idea and attacking an individual.
INSULTS ...

Again, it would be helpful now for you to be specific about what particular comments you allege are insults.

*sigh*

bigger *sigh* pot - black and then some

you are a hypocrite cat, your doing the same thing here as you did in the other forum you got closed down. You started this maybe the moderator will finish it for you.

When does Kuzadd come riding to the rescue LOL

wow, you even drag, your nonsense from one political forum to another??

come on?!

If I am not participatory here, which I haven't been till now, leave me out of your foolishness.

No, it seems much more likely that they are reflective people whose consciences direct their choices, rather than prejudices, partisanship or peer pressure. Good, wise people who I applaud.

What utter swealian nonsense.

What does "swealian" mean? Help me there. Is it some racial or religious epithet?

No, it seems much more likely that they are reflective people whose consciences direct their choices, rather than prejudices, partisanship or peer pressure. Good, wise people who I applaud.

What utter swealian nonsense.

What does "swealian" mean? Help me there. Is it some racial or religious epithet?

Yes. It refers to a race of bigheaded, hugemouthed invertibrates once prone to outbursts of what were known as "swealian psychotic episodes," or "swealian psychosis" for short. These odd collections of neurons also worship the alter of sweal, proclaiming in each and every instance that sweal is right, regardless of whether sweal knows anything about the subject or not.

Sweal, currently known as Figleaf, once known and banned as The Terrible Sweal, and before that as s.weale, is the ambassador from planet swealia.

The group has Israeli military people on the board and the demonstrators are against the occupation. Well, you get the picture.

I get the picture but it isn't too clear being all covered with smear.....

TAKE A STAND - FIGHT THE BOYCOTT and the anti-semitic rabble hate and McCarthyism a smart implementation of a classic Bolshevik strategy.

The recent escalation in the efforts to boycott Israel by British organizations like the National Union of Journalists (NUJ) and the University and College Teachers Union (UCU) is a serious threat to Israel, Jews and open societies. We must do everything we can to stop this dangerous boycott and prevent it from spreading elsewhere.

ADL is fighting back and we need your help.

Sign your name to ADL’s letter to the British NUJ and UCU.

This week, we began a series of ad campaigns around the world. Take the next step in support of Israel. Make a donation to sustain this critical campaign.

A boycott of Israeli products?

It is about time. Thanks for the news!

This is an excellent commentary on the situation, worth a read

Academic freedom under seige Barbara Kay, National Post

-snip-

Capping a five-year campaign by a gang of fanatically anti-Israel supporters of the Palestinian cause, the boycott's advocates present as protesters of Israel's unfair treatment of Palestinians and failure to abide by United Nations resolutions. These are canards. For the motion's resolutions include circulation of the Palestinian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel (PACBI) statement, which justifies the boycott not on the grounds of Israeli policies, but because of its "Zionist ideology." In short, it isn't colonialism the boycottists oppose, but Israel's very existence.

While the campaign bellwethers are fringe radicals and deluded professional outliers, -snip-

The movement began in Britain in 2002 with a call by two academic ciphers for a boycott that was quickly scolded into apparent submission. But, as with a cancer, rapidly proliferating cells soon bloomed at home and metastasized in other countries, notably France and Australia. Like all cancers, it will not simply 'peter out' without opposition. The boycott campaign must be recognized and aggressively exposed as the malignant totalitarian impulse it is, a stain on the principle of free global intellectual exchange underlying all our institutions of higher learning.

-snip-

The British House of Lords has collectively and eloquently denounced the motion (see the inspiring whole in Hansard for June 12). Baroness Deech noted: "Before any one reacts with the frequently voiced sentiment that criticism of Israel does not equate to anti-Semitism, let me hasten to agree, but to point out that the antagonists of the Jewish students [on university campuses] are failing to make that distinction." She warns: "Academic freedom is the first target of tyrannies, and those who ignore attacks on academic pursuits are co-operating with tyranny."

In the U.S., Columbia University's president, Lee C. Bollinger, set the gold standard for moral clarity in a statement last week, declaring the boycott "utterly antithetical to the fundamental values of the academy," concluding "?if the British UCU is intent on pursuing its deeply misguided policy, then it should add Columbia to its boycott list?for we gladly stand together with our many colleagues in British, American and Israeli universities against such intellectually shoddy and politically biased attempts to hijack the central mission of higher education."

Wow, congratulations Scriblett!! You're back on topic!! Way to go!

Now, can you answer the questions that I have directed to you?

I'm still waiting.

Here there are again, if you're not inclined to look for them:

"Why the boycott?"

"Why are such measures even being considered?"

"What REASONS, using FACTS, do those who advocate the boycott use?"

One cannot even begin to talk about the boycott without including the illegal occupation and the continual building of Jewish only gated settlements in the West Bank - on Palestinians Lands which have been bulldozed, and their groves dug up.

Now, keep to the FACTS - not opinions from 'Kay" of the NaziPost.

(Hint: It's not anti-semitism).

Would you mind giving me a rough estimate of how far from Toronto you are?

Well, truly it's none of your business where I live. But I will say it is thankfully quite far away from TO. (Nice place to visit - but I would never in a million years want to live there).

Now, if only Scriblett would answer my questions!!

Why Scriblett is the boycott being considered?

What role do the illegal settlements play?

What role does the Wall play?

What role does the illegal occupation play?

C'mon Scriblett - I'm still waiting!!

Would you mind giving me a rough estimate of how far from Toronto you are?

But I will say it is thankfully quite far away from TO.

Just wanted to know for the next time someone says I'm close to a fruitloop I can honestly say thankfully I'm quite far from it.

Just wanted to know for the next time someone says I'm close to a fruitloop I can honestly say thankfully I'm quite far from it.

Gee, nice little insult there Dancer - do you feel better now?

My only regret here is that I actually responded to you.

Anything to say on topic? Care to address the same questions I have posed to Scriblett? (Or anyone else for that matter?)

hmmm?

Gee, nice little insult there Dancer - do you feel better now?

My only regret here is that I actually responded to you.

Anything to say on topic? Care to address the same questions I have posed to Scriblett? (Or anyone else for that matter?)

hmmm?

Why on earth would I address a fruitloop?

Tell you what, when you stop making ignorant insults I will stop thinking of you as a wingnut.

Why is the boycott being considered?

What reason does the Occupation play in these proposed boycotts?

Are Israeli Settlements in the Occupied territories legal? Moral? Just?

Why do you keep asking these questions? You clearly support the boycott, and clearly hate Israel. Are you incapable of enunciating the reasons why you support the boycott and hate Israel?