Khadr should make us ashamed to be Canadian

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They did nothing illegal. Canada is a country that adheres to the rule of law, not emotional mobs (except in Quebec... wink.png ).

Yup, we extend our social services, health care, free legal reps, and even a mat to pray on regardless of any hate felt for us. well, we USED TO. Now we have a new government.

I have to marvel at how many people give the benefit of the doubt (i.e. blindly trust) the US/Canadian government.

I'm sorry you marvel at that. The U.S. and Canada are some of the nicest, most merciful and just countries that have ever been on the globe. It's too bad some people are ingrates for the relative freedom, prosperity and good government we have. Even though I am not voting for Obama his is not on a par with the bloodthirsty Iranian or Pakistani mullahs.

I'm sorry you marvel at that. The U.S. and Canada are some of the nicest, most merciful and just countries that have ever been on the globe. It's too bad some people are ingrates for the relative freedom, prosperity and good government we have. Even though I am not voting for Obama his is not on a par with the bloodthirsty Iranian or Pakistani mullahs.

The issue is: who do you trust? Do you always believe the US or Canadian government?

My comment has nothing to do with gratitude. I am grateful for our relative freedom, prosperity, good government and security.

You are right, relative to most countries, Canada is nice, merciful and just. I would even argue that relative to any superpower/empire in all of history the USA is the most virtuous.

Nevertheless, when it comes to issues of war including the War on Terror, the US administration cannot be trusted. Would you agree?

I would dispute that, blatent imperialism, state terrorism, millions dead, the USA is no better than any other empire than has come and gone...

Interesting position. The USA saved our bacon in a couple of wars then held the fort for Europe against the USSR for a generation. I'd say the USA is better than ...well the Mongol hordes at least~