Dick Dewert Defrocked

What Clinton and Stronach did was also immoral, but they were not claiming to be a voice for a God that defines morality.

No, but they were claiming to be leaders of the society. Surely their behaviour should set a good example to their constituents, in the same way religious leaders' behaviour should set an example.

Both leaders acted wrongly. Only one acted properly after the fact.

The fact that you're bigotted against Christianity doesn't change anything. It's some of the participants on this board that are responding to the behaviour inappropriately...just like their political leaders did.

I can say with a certain amount of happiness at least that the religious leader was the one who admitted his guilt and responded accordingly.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newbie seized on this story and tried to contort and distort the facts just so it will fit to the story she wants to project. Her irrational tirades only support the fact that she is in a crusade to attack Christianity at all cost. Although I do not question the possiblity that she may actually believe the spin that she's spinning..... I do however have some basis to question her sanity.

Okay, enough is enough here. First of all dear Besty, I am male. Second, to claim Dicky boy was not a hypocrite because he happened to apologize and admit guilt is walking around with blinders on. And third, do you question everyone's sanity because they disagree with you?

Second, to claim Dicky boy was not a hypocrite because he happened to apologize and admit guilt is walking around with blinders on. And third, do you question everyone's sanity because they disagree with you?

I would say if once caught, he denied culpability, then he would be a hypocrite (or for that matter, continuing in what wever he was doing and not getting caught) but once caught and admitting guilt proves he was a hypocrite, but now he might not be.....

A definition of hypocrisy

(some on this forum seem to need this):

the act of pretending to have beliefs, virtues and feelings that one does not truly possess or an expression of agreement that is not supported by real conviction

Dewert, during his romantic liaison, met this criteria. Thus, he merits the label hypocrite.

Okay, enough is enough here. First of all dear Besty, I am male. Second, to claim Dicky boy was not a hypocrite because he happened to apologize and admit guilt is walking around with blinders on. And third, do you question everyone's sanity because they disagree with you?

No, I'm questioning your sanity because of all the irrational statements you've made.

Like I've said before, you are fueled by anger. And this topic that you've created is nothing more than just an attempt on your part to attack Christianity. This topic is a farce. Like I said, this topic actually is an example of hypocrisy.

Newbie, you were a Catholic.

Besty, in my experience, I know that Bishops used to protect and coddle their pedophile priests. I had a bishop basically tell me that prior to his death. So it is no surprise that the Holy See would want to keep the tradition going. That's obstruction of justice as far as I'm concerned. Given all the cases (Boston, New Mexico, etc.) that have exposed peodophile priests, just imagine what lie beneath the surface. People don't come forward (civil cases) because of the manipulation of the law that the Church's lawyers play. I became a recovering catholic because of it. I refused to put money into the plate that ultimately supports this nefarious activity and provide counselling and or money needed to heal the victims they produced.

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums//index....opic=6564&st=30

Being a Christian then, you knew forgiveness is for us to give, and judgement is for God. You knew that, "He's only human" would be the surest answer any Christian would say....and that's why from the start, you've deviously tried to take that argument away by saying , "Let the 'he's only human' spin begin.

But aren't you the biggest hypocrite here? At least Dewert had acknowledged his mistake, had apologised and resigned from preaching about morality.

But what about you? You keep on beating this poor man on the pretense of outrage...when in fact, all you wanted to do is bash Christianity. Check the quotes I've given. You said so in one of your irrational ranting...."you'd attack CHRISTIANITY...."

You are insane with anger. That's all.

Hasta la vista. You need help.

Btw, I don't care about your gender. Masculine, feminine or neuter.

That was why this priest had voluntarily resigned. Acknowledging he had sinned....and that, therefore means, he thinks he is no longer fit to preach about morality.

And the CEO reiterated the stance of the church in this matter. It is a public reprimand. A public castigation.

He said: this behaviour is not condoned.

That is the crucial point that is blatantly and deliberately being ignored here.

Newbie seized on this story and tried to contort and distort the facts just so it will fit to the story she wants to project. Her irrational tirades only support the fact that she is in a crusade to attack Christianity at all cost. Although I do not question the possiblity that she may actually believe the spin that she's spinning..... I do however have some basis to question her sanity.

Actually, the point that's being ignored is that after years of being qualified enough to preach about morality, perhaps this person should have learned a thing or two. The point is that those who follow religion are no more moral than those who don't.

That was why this priest had voluntarily resigned. Acknowledging he had sinned....and that, therefore means, he thinks he is no longer fit to preach about morality.

And the CEO reiterated the stance of the church in this matter. It is a public reprimand. A public castigation.

That is the crucial point that is blatantly and deliberately being ignored here.

Actually, the point that's being ignored is that after years of being qualified enough to preach about morality, perhaps this person should have learned a thing or two. The point is that those who follow religion are no more moral than those who don't.

Right on Cyber. Maybe your words will get through to those who seek only to attack (including those on this forum) and not live the tenets of their own faith.

The real point that is being deliberately set aside is that preachers are not infallible. They're only human.

At least this human had the good sense to try to rectify the damage his behaviour had done....and had voluntarily removed himself from the pulpit.

When this topic was created, Dewert had already admitted to his sins. He had humbled himself before the community and apologised.

When this topic was created, he no longer preaches about morality.

So I asked: what more do they want? A lynching? Stake-burning?

There is no big deal in this issue other than the fact that the scenario proved only one thing: this preacher had succumbed to temptation.

I know what this topic is all about. To continue the contemptible bigotted bash on Christianity. While irrationaly defending the disgusting behaviour of political leaders. In fact, Dewert has more moral right in the eyes of Christian morality to continue doing his work than have Clinton, Stronach, Chretien et al.

As I've said, and won't say again: this only shows bigotry against Christianity.

Edited: highlighted and added key points.

I would just like to make it clear that although Newbie and I had been butting each other in this heated argument (jabs are being dished out from both sides)...it is not my intention to attack his or anyone's personal character.

A topic had been created for discussion. A topic which I've challenged and had deemed a non-issue (in my view at least). It is for him to defend his topic, the same as it is for me to prove my claim.

For the "insanity" part of my argument....I use the terms "insane with anger" along the same lines as "insane with jealousy."

And that position I consider an important stance in my argument, based on comments which I've considered irrational rants (quotes of said statements given). Of course, the levelling of bigotry cannot be avoided in this issue.

Edited: highlighted key points.

Bottom line here is I struck a nerve with betsy. She reacted as many Christians would when they perceive they are "under attack." They are the ones who have a problem when one of their own falls, and make all kinds of excuses (they're only human) for the behaviour. So when a non-Christian calls them on it, all of a sudden we're hate filled bigots. Nothing could be further from the truth. Christians just don't seem to like it when their hypocricies are revealed. Did I say I was somehow better than a Christian? Did I say I hated Christians? Did I say I was a bigot? Did I call others names in an attempt to belittle their argument? Was it irrational to point out Dewert's inconsistent behaviour?

In fact, Dewert has more moral right in the eyes of Christian morality to continue doing his work than have Clinton, Stronach, Chretien et al.

As I've said, and won't say again: this only shows bigotry against Christianity.

Edited: highlighted and added key points.

Dewert has more moral right? How do you figure that? Clinton, Stonach, Chretien aren't on the pulpit every week lecturing morality, saying sinners may find themselves in hell.

A topic had been created for discussion. A topic which I've challenged and had deemed a non-issue (in my view at least).

Edited: highlighted key points.

The last time I checked, committing adultery is the 7th commandment. A non-issue you say?

Wow! 4 in a row! Although I do sometimes post more than two in row.... I'm pretty sure, this is the first time..... for .....Mr.....Newbieeeeee! Thar he goes hissin' and spittin'....and not making any sense again.

Hep-Hep, Hooray! Hep-Hep Hooray!

I must have shaken your very foundation! LOL!

Anyway...... whatever.

LOL

Wow! 4 in a row! Although I do sometimes post more than two in row.... I'm pretty sure, this is the first time..... for .....Mr.....Newbieeeeee! Thar he goes hissin' and spittin'....and not making any sense again.

Hep-Hep, Hooray! Hep-Hep Hooray!

I must have shaken your very foundation! LOL!

Anyway...... whatever.

LOL

And there you have it folks, full circle.