Dick Dewert Defrocked

This is why religious moderates are just as dangerous as fanatics. They uphold this superstitious belief that people will be 'judged' in the afterlife by a higher power (without being able to povide any evidence for its existece) and that any "moral transgressions" here are not for us to judge. When priests were fondling little boys, I'm sure this is the idea several catholics had. "My that's terrible, but it is not for me to judge, it's for the Lord." It's the same deference to a higher power when the church oppresses women and berates homosexuality. It's that same, "let God sort it out" idea that allows wars, murder and torture because of religion to continue.

I guess I was right the first time.

That I believe in a higher power and a more important day of judgement than my day in court on Main Street in front of some incompetent that probably is there because she proved to be even more incompetent as a lawyer, doesn't mean I don't respect our worldly law. If a crime is committed, the criminal should get his day (or more) in court and Herod the Judge can render his punishment, or more likely, not. Whatever that perverted homosexual child abusing priest gets as punishment on earth will be irrelevent at that later hearing. Who cares what you believe? Not me.

It's the same deference to a higher power when the church oppresses women and berates homosexuality. It's that same, "let God sort it out" idea that allows wars, murder and torture because of religion to continue.

Gosh. Now that's shallow.

And remember, it's just a matter of time before that homosexual pedophile child abuser that you readily berate yourself now, will be granted the same rights of "Self-Expression" as his only slightly nobler predeccessor, the homosexual straight-up, if you'll excuse the expression, and then you'll be required to defend him too.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares what you believe? Not me.

Odd then that you are so defensive. Not to mention that other thread where you posted some psychobabble about why atheists don't believe.

btw, I used to live down the street from Dick Dewert. He had a nice car.

Who cares what you believe? Not me.

Odd then that you are so defensive. Not to mention that other thread where you posted some psychobabble about why atheists don't believe.

btw, I used to live down the street from Dick Dewert. He had a nice car.

"Who cares what you believe? Not me." You call that being defensive? You DO have some serious comprehension issues. And "psychobabble"? Coining nonsense words (or in your case, using someone else's coined word) only exposes that you either don't understand or you have nothing to say, probably both.

The car. Where you taken for a ride? Is that your problem? Or maybe it was YOUR wife. That's it, isn't it??!!

This is all very funny actually. It serves to show where our secular society WILL lead us.

On the one hand, most of the "liberal" posters on this site readily defend the teacher, Ms. Bufford, who not only felt it was her place to expose the young children in her charge to homosexual activity (I'll use that term in an effort to keep an issue that is anything but neutral, neutral) but also felt that it was her place to tell those same children to keep it hush, hush. "Don't tell mommy and daddy, they won't understand. They don't like homosexuals. They don't know anything about morality, right and wrong, and all that stuff that I can teach you." This in spite of the "liberal" pretense that to them the child is the most important, and indeed sacred, element of our society. The truth is that these people actually see the child as the future of their agenda.

On the other hand, these same posters want to crucify a man who has made a mistake, acknowledges it and asks for the forgiveness of the community. Even his wife has found it in her heart to stand by him in the face of this media and public witch-hunt. Again, the irony is hilarious. Just a few decades ago, these same "liberals" decided in their collective wisdom to introduce the "progressive" idea of no fault divorce, mainly in an effort to remove the social stigma of adultery. I wonder whether there would be such a reaction if, say, Belinda Stronach had had an affair with a married man. What's that? Oh, she did. Well, I'll be damned. Maybe the deciding factor in the RELIGIOUS LEADER indignation is the "religious" rather than the "leader" component. Just guessing.

Of course, these two cases do have a common element. Both are being handled, consciously by the media and unconsciously by most of the mindless "liberal" public, so as to advance the radical secular agenda of control and elimination of opposing views.

I think Betsy has been pretty dignified in her arguments. Newbie, it is quite apparent that "defrocked" was not a play on words. Where is the play? That's an attempt at a "save", I'd say. But anyhow. As for Cybercoma, it is your business if you wish to be an atheist, but Betsy is not hurting you. The original argument here was about this man being defrocked and it was not Betsy who exploded. She maintained the original topic until you sidetracked it with an all out attack on religion. That is your business to make that attack. I am not offended or anything, but nonetheless it is you and Newbie who seem to have the problem here and seem to be flying off the handle at something. Kudos to Betsy for well thought out arguments.

As for accepting ex-cons as preachers, Newbie: you might be interested to know that it happens all the time. Two former members of the Manson family have ministries, as well as David Berkowitz. One of the great historical proponents of the faith, St. Paul, executed Christians before his conversion.

The car. Where you taken for a ride? Is that your problem? Or maybe it was YOUR wife. That's it, isn't it??!!

Very dignified indeed.

Well?

What DID you mean he has a nice car? I'm just guessing.

Yes, very dignified.

Take your time....

I think Betsy has been pretty dignified in her arguments. Newbie, it is quite apparent that "defrocked" was not a play on words. Where is the play?

Seems like alliteration is lost on you. That's okay. I keep forgetting you Christian types have to have everything in black and white.

I think Betsy has been pretty dignified in her arguments. Newbie, it is quite apparent that "defrocked" was not a play on words. Where is the play?

Seems like alliteration is lost on you. That's okay. I keep forgetting you Christian types have to have everything in black and white.

The alliteration isn't lost on me, and I'm sure it wouldn't be lost on jefferiah. But the purpose of the alliteration is. A literary devise isn't designed to be used just because it's there, like some mountain with a staircase. It's use should be to some effect. Your's isn't. Anyway, I thought you said it was a play on words. Who finally explained to you what you were saying?? Dada? I guess what we "Christian-types" really have to have is an explanation for the meaningless ramblings of an anti-Christian bigot. We're so demanding!!

I guess what we "Christian-types" really have to have is an explanation for the meaningless ramblings of an anti-Christian bigot. We're so demanding!!

No, I think you are insecure in your own faith if you feel you need to make ridiculous claims (Me a bigot? I think not). Or maybe you can't accept the fact that "one of your own" has fallen. Aaah, the joys of being agnostic. Cheerio.

I guess what we "Christian-types" really have to have is an explanation for the meaningless ramblings of an anti-Christian bigot. We're so demanding!!

(Me a bigot? I think not).

Read all your statements. And that's the whole point. You THINK...... NOT.

Of course Betsy has made a few jabs, and her posts were not "perfect". I am not unaware of that. But I find it strange that you are jumping all over her for things she said when you do the same things yourself. You are fishing for offences. Overall I think she avoided being insulting quite well. And I think she presented her arguments very well. No one is forcing you to be religious. People are not busting down your doors, are they, in order to perform a forced conversion. Whatever your philosophy is, you won't get very far if you become distracted and ill at ease with people who believe in something you don't. I have no idea who this Dick Dewert is, but what's it to you. Especially if you don't feel favorably about the Church, why would you even care. If his wife and congregation accept his repentance (whether it be geniune or not) what does it have to do with you. So I think Betsy hit the nail square on the head when she said it had more to do with "religious" than "leaders".

Talk about milking a topic to death. My last post on this: Dewart screwed up, plain and simple. But his "fall from grace" is a little more significant given his position in the church. This little fact you seem to overlook. If you can't see the hypocrisy in that go ahead and live in your rose coloured world. Like I said earlier, I call as I see 'em.

Talk about milking a topic to death. My last post on this: Dewart screwed up, plain and simple. But his "fall from grace" is a little more significant given his position in the church. This little fact you seem to overlook. If you can't see the hypocrisy in that go ahead and live in your rose coloured world. Like I said earlier, I call as I see 'em.

Before you go let me explain it one more time.

Oh....on the other hand, never mind.

So thanks for that definitive conclusion to the topic, Newbie. I'm sure you'll be quoted in scholastic publications around the world. As a matter of fact I heard that Benny Hill is looking for new material.

Most people with mouths are hypocrites.

When Belinda Stronach committed adultery, I never heard any apology from this leader. Aren't community leaders supposed to show examples of integrity? Granted that she made an error in judgement....where's the admittance of error? the contriteness? the apology?

Do I need to mention Clinton? The leader of the world? Who actually bombed another country and killed people to divert attention from his behaviour. But of course maybe since he insists a blowjob is not sex must mean therefore he did not commit adultery. They had to kick him out!

If he was a priest...this is where it would've been appropriate to use the word "defrocked." ha-ha.

The ultimate example of hypocrisy.

At least Dewert admitted to his sin, humbled himself to admit that because of it, he no longer feels fit to be a preacher....so he voluntarily resigned.

This topic is what is actually an example of hypocrisy.

And furthermore this topic demonstrates the liberal idea of what's right and wrong - that right and wrong is a matter of opinion. A relative issue. That is moral relativism.

Need say no more.

Belinda Stronach and Bill Clinton didn't tell people, from the time they were small children, that they would suffer the most horrific tortures imaginable for all of eternity if they cheated on their spouse either. What Clinton and Stronach did was also immoral, but they were not claiming to be a voice for a God that defines morality.

Belinda Stronach and Bill Clinton didn't tell people, from the time they were small children, that they would suffer the most horrific tortures imaginable for all of eternity if they cheated on their spouse either. What Clinton and Stronach did was also immoral, but they were not claiming to be a voice for a God that defines morality.

That was why this priest had voluntarily resigned. Acknowledging he had sinned....and that, therefore means, he thinks he is no longer fit to preach about morality.

And the CEO reiterated the stance of the church in this matter. It is a public reprimand. A public castigation.

He said: this behaviour is not condoned.

That is the crucial point that is blatantly and deliberately being ignored here.

Newbie seized on this story and tried to contort and distort the facts just so it will fit to the story she wants to project. Her irrational tirades only support the fact that she is in a crusade to attack Christianity at all cost. Although I do not question the possiblity that she may actually believe the spin that she's spinning..... I do however have some basis to question her sanity.