Paul was asked if elected, would he work to phase out the IRS. His answer was "immediately". Without being the world police and getting rid of the Federal Reserve this can be done according to Ron Paul.

I wonder how long this guy will live. I hope he gets elected.

Ron Paul is a true old school republican. I've always enjoyed reading his blog and hearing his clear honest remarks on the goings on at the Hill.

I wish him all the luck in the world - sadly though he hasn't got the corporations on his side (since being a conservative by nature - the globalists don't like him).

Do you read his writings often Poly?

I've listened to his interviews and speeches on infowars. Ron Paul scares me a bit. If he starts getting popularity the globalists will purge (execute) all the mid & low level political & civil leaders that have been supporting the pathocracy, put their psycopaths in place and we will enter a quick dissent into hell. The good folks on here that have supported these neocons will either be purged or become our ruling elites.

I'm reading a book called "Polictical Ponerology" that lays this all out, but its based on collective works done in the 20's by scientists in Poland. Its translation has been repressed (by Brzezinsky) but I got a copy from Signs Of The Times.

I'm going to have to read it again before I get the full gist.

You can buy it in PDF form.

The latest poll has him at less than 1%, which is actually lower than the previous poll which put him at 1%.

http://www.pollingreport.com/wh08rep.htm (The Cook Political Report has Ron Paul at 1% for the period April 27-29)

Quinnipiac University Poll. April 25-May 1, 2007. N=469 Republican voters nationwide. MoE ± 4.5.

"If the 2008 Republican primary for president were being held today, and the candidates were [see below], for whom would you vote?"

Rudy Giuliani 27%

John McCain 19%

Fred Thompson 14%

Newt Gingrich 8%

Mitt Romney 8%

Mike Huckabee 2%

Sam Brownback 1%

Duncan Hunter 1%

George Pataki 1%

Tommy Thompson 1%

Jim Gilmore -%

Chuck Hagel -%

Ron Paul -%

Tom Tancredo -%

Other (vol.) 2%

Wouldn't vote (vol.) 1%

Unsure 16%

The MSNBC "poll" was an interactive poll. The participants were self selected. This kind of poll is never valid.

Just because something disagrees with your skewed view of the world doesn't make it fiction. In all of the reputable polls Paul has consistently scored in the 1% range. This may change after last night's debate but the MSNBC poll is not a proper indicator.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1295.xml?ReleaseID=1055

One day Stignasty you are going to really wake up and see what is happening. The world as you see it simply no longer exists. You now live in 1930 ish Germany.

In another few years all your favorite politicians will be purged (shot dead). There will be starvation everywhere, maybe a nuke or two gone off in the States. And if you are still around you might remember some of our conversations.

All you really need to do for now is open up your eyes and stop dismissing or ignoring what is right in front of you. All your beliefs are based on propoganda. The system that you love kidnaps women and children and sells them as sex slaves. They are the worlds drug dealers. The juvenille halls in Texas are legalized brothels because the State attorneies refuse to investigate if no kids get hurt. The state of Florida has sold off 3000 kids into slavery or whatever. These kids were picked up by CPS and now they are gone. Your freedom loving government tortures people and thinks its OK to put the pliars to kids genitals for turture in front of their parents. Your news is all controlled. The war on terror is fake just like in '1984'. Your politicians are robbing you blind & killing the food crops that you depend on. Your economy is going to collapse like a big ballon ( 1 - 2 years according to globalists who will put it off for a while) and your whole world is going to get flushed right down the toilet.

This is what always happens. It happens because most of the population is asleep and they can get away with it. Your average CEO or helf million dollar a year weasel sees you as an insect - a "useless eater".

Or just go back to sleep. Watch TV. The governemnt loves you. None of this stuff could possibly happen here because they wouldn't do this to us.

BTW: 9/11 was an inside job. So was Oklahoma and the guy that ran the whole Kennedy assasination confessed it on tape on his death bed to his son. His son released the tape. I wonder why your favorite TV news hasn't told you about that.

And, its stupid people like you that have allowed this to happen. We needed stupid people to go along with George Bush and his pathocracy. Without stupid people like you none of this would be happening.

One day Stignasty you are going to really wake up and see what is happening. The world as you see it simply no longer exists. You now live in 1930 ish Germany.

In another few years all your favorite politicians will be purged (shot dead). There will be starvation everywhere, maybe a nuke or two gone off in the States. And if you are still around you might remember some of our conversations.

Not bloody likely...the USA (and Canada for that matter) has a very obese or overweight population. Many "nukes" have already "gone off" in the "States". Look Ma....we're still standing...bigger and badder than ever.

Still waiting for that train ride to a FEMA death camp. I want a window seat!

Well, I still don't think Ron Paul is any more likely to become President than Ron Jeremy.

However, I do think Ron Paul is more likely to become President than Tom Tancredo.

-k

The MSNBC "poll" was an interactive poll. The participants were self selected. This kind of poll is never valid.

:lol: Right. Only a professionally manipulated poll can be trusted!

You have obviously misunderstood what I said. I'll restate.

An interactive poll is not a good indicator of public opinion because it employs a self selected sample. This is unreliable because a self selected sample is typically not representative of the population at large. An example of this was a phone in poll on QR77 radio in Calgary in 1993. According to callers, the Reform party would score a landslide with 80% of the popular vote. Because the sample was not representative of the Canadian electorate it was not representative of what happened at the polls.

A poll conducted by a reputable group, using an unbiased question can be considered valid and reliable because of the sampling techniques used. For example, a random sample of registered republicans is a proper sample to judge the popularity of republican candidates for president.

Like I said in the post above, the number of people supporting Ron Paul may have increased after the forum (was it really a "debate?). However, an interactive poll is not a reliable indicator of that. While mistakes have occurred in sampling (that's why the disclaimers of +/- x%, 19 times out of 20), it's wrong to accuse those conducting the polling of manipulation without any evidence of wrongdoing.

This CNN story features Ron Paul predominantly.

The first story highlight: "Rep. Ron Paul alone in backing Iraq pullout; others blast war's execution"

In the first section: "But Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, who voted in Congress against the war, called his party to return to a "noninterventionist" foreign policy, which he said was "the traditional American foreign policy and the Republican foreign policy."

"Think of how Eisenhower came in to stop the Korean War. Think of how Nixon was elected to stop the mess in Vietnam," Paul said."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/05/04/gop...folo/index.html

In the section entitled Grading the Debaters, CNN gave Paul a B (fourth best among the ten candidates) and said:

"Stayed more consistently on his (libertarian) message than anyone else on stage. Might see a spike in Internet donations from voters who oppose big government and the Bush foreign policy. But made no effort to contrast his views with those of his competitors, and at times seemed to encourage the no-chance, alterna-goof role. "

http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/rep...1617582,00.html

Considering he has been running in the 1% region of the polls, that's a pretty good slice of attention.

Ron Paul wants to return to the gold standard...hmmmm.....I wonder why:

He has also called for the removal of all taxes on gold transactions.[15] In 2002 he proposed legislation abolishing the Federal Reserve Board, enabling “America to return to the type of monetary system envisioned by our Nation's founders: one where the value of money is consistent because it is tied to a commodity such as gold.”[16] Paul's personal financial disclosures reveal extensive private investments in gold and silver, through equities and warrants in companies including Newmont, IAM Gold, Barrick Gold, Golden Star Resources, Golden Cycle Gold Corp, Pan American Silver, Great Basin Gold, Eldorado Gold, Freeport McMoran Gold & Copper, Apollo Gold Corp and Placer Dome.[17]

source: Wiki