Ann Coulter at it again

People are way too sensitive. Ann tells it like it is, I don't agree with her alot of the time, but really, people get so worked up over a word.

Uh....unless Edwards is actually gay, then Coulter is clearly NOT "telling it like it is."

I wonder when the phrase "X tells it like it is" became shorthand for "X says stupid, offensive crap that I think but don't have the balls to say because I would be (rightly) excoriated for saying it." I also do not understand why demanding soem basic level of civlity in our discourse is now labelled "political correctness."

Grow up.

Curious that you would level this instruction at the people offended by Coulter's spew and not at the creature that uttered it. Why is taking offense at a comment that everyone acknowledges was intended to cause offense considered by you to be childish behaviour, but the ad hominem baiting gets a pass?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also do not understand why demanding soem basic level of civlity in our discourse is now labelled "political correctness."

I tend not to get so emotionally connected to politics. People that get offended by political pundits are suffering some sort of mental illness. Sometimes you need to call it like it is, if that means calling a spade a spade, then so be it.

If you don't like it, don't watch it. Apparently many do, and many more buy her books.

I'm not sure whats worse, this, or the attack she made on a Vietnam war veteran.

Here are a few great quotes from Coulter.

Coulter received some criticism for a statement she made on CBC television's the fifth estate, an investigative journalism program. During an interview by host Bob McKeown, Coulter said, "Canada used to be...one of our most...most loyal friends, and vice versa. I mean, Canada sent troops to Vietnam. Was Vietnam less containable and more of a threat than Saddam Hussein?" McKeown contradicted her with, "No, actually Canada did not send troops to Vietnam." After both had insisted repeatedly, the exchange ended with Coulter's saying, "Well, I’ll get back to you on that."[62] This was afterward characterised by Keith Olbermann on Countdown as an instance of "...Coulter humiliating herself on national TV...[but]...this time...on Canadian national TV."[63] On the February 18, 2005 edition of Washington Journal, Coulter sought to justify her statement by referring to the roughly 10,000 Canadians who volunteered for the American armed forces, and thus fought in Vietnam, stating:[62]

http://www.thenation.com/blogs/capitalgames?bid=3&pid=1050

http://www.thenation.com/blogs/capitalgames?bid=3&pid=1088

Anyway you look at it shes a nutcase, I think she doesn't even believe she has the right to vote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umd-LnuhXDk&NR

Yeah, she did. She also said that it seemed like they were really enjoying their husbands deaths, I believe she has also leveled attacks at Cindy Sheehan.

I'd like to talk to her, and ask her if she'd be willing to sign up for the infantry in Iraq. In fact, I want all of these pro-war, gun toting, flag waving, patriots, to all sign up for the Marine Corps or Army, and go over to Iraq. If they truly believe in this cause, then they should step up to the plate and stop bitching about the people who oppose war in favour of nonviolence [which has a much better trackrecord than war].

I want all of these pro-war, gun toting, flag waving, patriots, to all sign up for the Marine Corps or Army, and go over to Iraq.

So do I.

Uh, most of them do. What's left at home are just cheerleaders by way of comparison. And, of course, the cheerhaters.

Henry Rollins always summed Ann Coulter up best, in my opinion...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM7MR5_v47w

Sounds like he's got a good plan for Ann. I wonder if she'll take him up on it.

I wonder when people will lose the personal attacks on Ann and deal with what she's saying instead. I've never seen any criticism beyond personal attacks of the lowest level.

Which is fine. It's Ann's game somedays too. But people need to stop thinking they have a hand up when their best arguments against her are sexist rants, comments on her appearance and invasions of her personal life.

It shows, despite Ann's rudeness and sometimes factual incorrectness, that her biggest critics are far lower on the respectable totem pole.

Henry Rollins always summed Ann Coulter up best, in my opinion...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM7MR5_v47w

Sounds like he's got a good plan for Ann. I wonder if she'll take him up on it.

I wonder when people will lose the personal attacks on Ann and deal with what she's saying instead.

:lol: Geoffrey, you're just hilarious lately! Annie's stock in trade is personal attacks.

It shows, despite Ann's rudeness and sometimes factual incorrectness, that her biggest critics are far lower on the respectable totem pole.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Which of her critics has called the 9/11 widows 'witches' who are glad their husbands died?

Face facts, Coulter long ago stepped out of the 'claim to civility' part of society. Human rights she has, but no entitlement to any respect.

I wonder when people will lose the personal attacks on Ann and deal with what she's saying instead. I've never seen any criticism beyond personal attacks of the lowest level.

Which is fine. It's Ann's game somedays too. But people need to stop thinking they have a hand up when their best arguments against her are sexist rants, comments on her appearance and invasions of her personal life.

hold it, wait a minute. Why is Ann Coulter's personal life out of bounds? When she's going on TV blasting sexual liberalism and the demise of family values, isn't the fact that she's a high-profile slut kind of relevant?

Sexist rants? Is there a more sexist, misogynist media figure in the United States than Coulter herself? How many times has she said that women are too stupid to be allowed to vote?

She continually shovels crap on feminists and feminism while blithely ignoring the fact that if it weren't for feminists and feminism, the best a 45 year old unmarried woman with a reputation for sleeping around would have to look forward to is a social security pension after another 20 years of making beds at the local Super-8 motel.

-k

I think Ann Coulter makes her personal life up for debate when she judges everyone else. I dislike her because of her completely inane comments about Vietnam War vets, 9/11 widows, women, and the war.

Once again, Ann Coulter should join the Marine Corps or Army to go fight in Iraq.

I tend not to get so emotionally connected to politics. People that get offended by political pundits are suffering some sort of mental illness. Sometimes you need to call it like it is, if that means calling a spade a spade, then so be it.

Please clarify how Coulter is "telling it like it is."

Right: people need to get their minds out of the gutter and address the pith and substance of calling someone a "faggot."

Which is fine. It's Ann's game somedays too.

Somedays? Does she have another gear?

Wow, she really can do no wrong in your books: if someone gets offended by her remarks, they's being silly and taking her too seriously (er...even though she just "tells it like it is"). If they take a page out of her playbook and gets personal, they're not being "respectable." Makes me wonder what the Coultergeist has to do to get you to say something critical about her that's not couched in terms that make it clear that everyone not named Ann Coulter is even worse.

There's an interesting article in today's Salon about the Coulterization of the American right, and how, by allowing her and the Lumbaugh types define American conservativism, they've pushed it beyond the mainstream. People are being to realize that the base they are catering to are a bunch of religious wackos, and the overwhelming negativity just doesn't win votes. The GOP has built itself on this hatred and division and it's probably too far gone to turn back.

The GOP has built itself on this hatred and division and it's probably too far gone to turn back.

I don't think so. I think the pendulum is now swinging the other way. All political parties get side tracked occasionally and there is no other option for conservative minded Americans because the Democrats are still trying to redefine themselves.

• 2 weeks later...
She's really a comedian and doesn't belong on actual news shows. But as a comedian, she's kind of funny--sort of a self-righteous, neo-fascist Sarah Silverman.

Coulter is actually a poor excuse for a satirist. As far as her looks goes, how can anyone so ugly on the inside look good on the outside? Henry Rollins is my new hero ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Henry Rollins is my new hero ;-)

He's been at it for quite a while...Black Flag et.al. I've enjoyed his unique stand-up comedy/rants since the

days. His Letter To Ann is classic.

Here's a few more...

Letter to Laura Bush

America Under Attack

Letter to the FCC

------------------------------------------------------------

I've decided to cut out the part of the speech where I say anything nice about Democrats.

---Ann Coulter

Ann Coulter must be doing something right to drive the leftwing frantic. It's got to be more than just saying provocative things.

It started a long time ago....whenever Bill Maher needed a ratings boost after saying something stupid, the producers would invite Ann Coulter and her legs to the show. The rest as they say, is history.