They Love me,they really,really love me!-Oscar winner Ali-Gore

'TRUTH'

Good ole Al Gore, so worried about the "GW" thing and has the whole world worried along with him. We must do something to curb the tide of man made GW he keeps saying.

You know,the same message Suzuki rants about here in Canada.

Well Al has done a lot on a personal level.What you ask?

Last night, Al Gore’s global-warming documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, collected an Oscar for best documentary feature, but the Tennessee Center for Policy Research has found that Gore deserves a gold statue for hypocrisy.
Gore’s mansion, [20-room, eight-bathroom] located in the posh Belle Meade area of Nashville, consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year, according to the Nashville Electric Service (NES).
Last August alone, Gore burned through 22,619 kWh—guzzling more than twice the electricity in one month than an average American family uses in an entire year. As a result of his energy consumption, Gore’s average monthly electric bill topped $1,359.

Since the release of An Inconvenient Truth, Gore’s energy consumption has increased from an average of 16,200 kWh per month in 2005, to 18,400 kWh per month in 2006.

As for Suzuki

Conserve as I say, not as I do

And how can Dr. Suzuki be so sure of Mr. Harper's total disregard for the environment? I suppose it's because, when on tour, Dr. Suzuki used the same kind of emission-belching bus the PM uses when campaigning.

Jason Curan, a Suzuki spokesman, confessed to the Winnipeg Sun that the Suzukimobile was "kind of too fancy for our needs." There are at most eight people, including the driver, on a bus built for 30 or more.

The Suzuki Foundation could have chosen a smaller vehicle that used less fuel and produced fewer emissions, but, well, the holier-than-thou ecopreacher seems to like to travel in style. Dr. Suzuki's Sanctimony '07 tour is not even using biodiesel rather than regular diesel because, as Mr. Curan further admitted, that would void the engine's warranty.

Using a bigger-than-needed vehicle for comfort and eschewing environmental alternatives because of pragmatic concerns such as warranties: Why, the Suzuki-ites sound just like the consumers they like to deride for their lack of green consciences.

Suck it Up Suzuki!

Suzuki tries to vilify scientists who have a different view than he does on global warming and what's causing it, saying they're just supported by oil companies when. in fact. many of them are not.

The truth is, Suzuki's own group -- the Suzuki Foundation -- gets some of its funding from ATCO Gas, an Alberta-based natural gas distributor.

Normally I wouldn't care who funds Suzuki. I don't think the source is relevant, as long as it's not from taxpayers. But when Suzuki criticizes other scientists for allegedly being funded by oil companies, when he himself receives funding from a natural gas distributor, I think it's a bit hypocritical.

Live by example boys,practice what you preach.

I think Suzuki and Gore pay a non-profit Swiss organization $30/tonne for guilt-free travel:

For business, we offer high-quality carbon offset certificates for climate neutral business travel, conferences, products or for compliance regimes. Make use of our know-how of the carbon market and climate-related issues.

myclimate.org

Did Al Gore do anything for the environment when he was VP during the Clinton Administration?

Al Gore does seems to take a hit at Republican's if you watched the movie.

1) CFC Ban that Gore talked about was signed in 1987 during a Republican administration Link

2) Richard Nixon - Creation of the EPA Link

Something to chew on.

My is favourite carbon offset!! Electricity for garbage in India so the 5 year old boy can work carbon free! :)

http://www.myclimate.org/index.php?lang=en...rview&uum=india

Since India (and many other poor countries) are exempt from Kyoto, they have done no GHG inventory, we don't really know what their emissions are and it wouldn't matter anyway.

IOW, they can show up with the same proverbial dead gopher (prairie dog?) to collect the reward X number of times from an unsuspecting farmer.

It's like paying people to quit smoking.

you guys are hilarious.... and you talk about the Harper Haters and Bush Bashers on here.... too funny.

Yes and not long ago someone on the right was complaining about the tone of the posts deteriating? What good for the goose is good for the gander I guess.

More like the tone of the eco-prophets deteriorating, if they truly believed in what they preached they would put into practice their words of wisdom.

Who are you sending money to.... to buy credits? You do believe don't you?

And of course sending a eco-cheque will make a great inpact to BW won't it?

Too bad Gore doesn't walk the talk

http://www.tennesseepolicy.org/main/articl...?article_id=367

Al Gore’s Personal Energy Use Is His Own “Inconvenient Truth”

Gore’s home uses more than 20 times the national average...

Gore’s mansion, located in the posh Belle Meade area of Nashville, consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year, according to the Nashville Electric Service (NES).

-snip-

The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh—more than 20 times the national average.

Last August alone, Gore burned through 22,619 kWh—guzzling more than twice the electricity in one month than an average American family uses in an entire year. As a result of his energy consumption, Gore’s average monthly electric bill topped $1,359.

Since the release of An Inconvenient Truth, Gore’s energy consumption has increased from an average of 16,200 kWh per month in 2005, to 18,400 kWh per month in 2006.

Gore’s extravagant energy use does not stop at his electric bill. Natural gas bills for Gore’s mansion and guest house averaged $1,080 per month last year.

-snip-

In total, Gore paid nearly $30,000 in combined electricity and natural gas bills for his Nashville estate in 2006.

The AC has to go if we are to reduce GHG. And the 10,000 sq. ft. houses. But oh well.

All along I've suggested just planting more trees, and the greenies all dismiss this as not addressing the problem. But what do they do? Instead of changing their lifestyles, they pay others to plant trees.

So really, am I wrong in suggesting we all just plant more trees or do Gore's and Suzuki's rules only apply to common folk and the GHG elite run by their own set of rules.

Their anti-oil agenda is obvious when they do stuff like that. Have the oil companies cut back, but we don't dare change anything in our own lives.

you guys are hilarious.... and you talk about the Harper Haters and Bush Bashers on here.... too funny.

They can't seem to get out of the Opposition mentality. I think it's the insecurity that stems from knowing that Canadians by and large won't ever become small-c conservatives. "The New Government of Canada" a year+ later is another indicator.

The AC has to go if we are to reduce GHG. And the 10,000 sq. ft. houses. But oh well.

All along I've suggested just planting more trees, and the greenies all dismiss this as not addressing the problem. But what do they do? Instead of changing their lifestyles, they pay others to plant trees.

So really, am I wrong in suggesting we all just plant more trees or do Gore's and Suzuki's rules only apply to common folk and the GHG elite run by their own set of rules.

Their anti-oil agenda is obvious when they do stuff like that. Have the oil companies cut back, but we don't dare change anything in our own lives.

Thing is Geoffrey, we need both. I do my part by washing in cold water, not leaving anything plugged in that doesn't need to be. And for the most part, I make an effort not to have lights on unless they are needed in the room I'm in. I would also take part in a tree-planting project. My next car will also be hybrid - though my now car is also Japanese and very fuel-efficient.

But even if everyone on earth did these things, the oil-companies should still have to meet their targets.

Think of it like this - you quit smoking yet you live with a chain-smoker who doesn't smoke outside in your place. Sure, you're still ahead of the game for not smoking. But it's not much better for your living environment, and your health if you live in a smoky house.

Thing is Geoffrey, we need both. I do my part by washing in cold water, not leaving anything plugged in that doesn't need to be. And for the most part, I make an effort not to have lights on unless they are needed in the room I'm in. I would also take part in a tree-planting project. My next car will also be hybrid - though my now car is also Japanese and very fuel-efficient.

But even if everyone on earth did these things, the oil-companies should still have to meet their targets.

Think of it like this - you quit smoking yet you live with a chain-smoker who doesn't smoke outside in your place. Sure, you're still ahead of the game for not smoking. But it's not much better for your living environment, and your health if you live in a smoky house.

I absolutely agree with you. I fear the big problem with alot of the advocates we hear about is they think that taxing oil companies (and other polluters) will solve the problem.

The fact is that we all need to consume less, or consume more efficient products, to reduce GHGs. If oil companies cut back production from a tax, for example, that means we all need to use less oil. Not an easy task when you consider that everything we own has a connection to oil.

At the end of the day, we can't enjoy the same standard of living we do today and reduce GHGs... people like Al Gore obviously don't understand that through the way they are living.

I think it's the most cowardly of arguments to avoid the actual issue and resort instead to character assassination and blame-the-messenger tactics. That line of argument closes the door on any debate about the overall direction of society because whoever wants to initiate change is always automatically a hypocrite just by living in that society.

Emancipation wouldn't have been a less noble goal if Lincoln owned slaves.

The fact is that we all need to consume less, or consume more efficient products, to reduce GHGs. If oil companies cut back production from a tax, for example, that means we all need to use less oil. Not an easy task when you consider that everything we own has a connection to oil.

It's easier to regulate the companies I suppose, you can't exactly come in to people's homes and fine them for leaving the lights on. In the future though I wouldn't be surprised if some sort of regulation took place for individuals too.

I think it's the most cowardly of arguments to avoid the actual issue and resort instead to character assassination and blame-the-messenger tactics. That line of argument closes the door on any debate about the overall direction of society because whoever wants to initiate change is always automatically a hypocrite just by living in that society.

Not really, you have to practice what you preach if you want people to take you seriously.

Not really, you have to practice what you preach if you want people to take you seriously.

Tell that to Harper.

It's easier to regulate the companies I suppose, you can't exactly come in to people's homes and fine them for leaving the lights on. In the future though I wouldn't be surprised if some sort of regulation took place for individuals too.

Step one: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/6378161.stm

It makes economic sense, and it's better for the environment. Why not?

They only apply to common folk, heck, when these live earth concerts go on tour they are not using acoustic guitars on stages lit with candles and Suzuki isn't tooling around the country on a bike.

These stars don't fly coach class they use private jets and fleets of massive stretch SUV limos .

It just says it all doesn't it regarding the personal morality and integrity of those Gurus of Global

Warming; did they really seriously believe sceptics weren't going to check up on their personal Kyoto Compliance? Surely to goodness, one would think that those who throw rocks at the rest of us for our sceptism would at least make sure they weren't themselves living in glass houses, or mansions in Tennessee, or driving smog-spewing CO2 belching behemoth buses.

Typical leftists, talk a good game but nothing to back it up. It's interesting how no one here has any good justification why Gore and the other limosine liberals should be given a pass to lecture to the rest us. Gore's only justification is that he uses energy efficient light bulbs and drives a Prius to the airport. (Drudge actually does a great job at tracking Gore's emissions with his entourage of black Suburbans and Jumbo jet flying all over the world).What a sacrifice Al! He fits in well with his new friends... the same Cape Cod bunch that lectures about the environment but put a stop to wind generators blocking their precious view. Kinda like the Ontarians who want Kyoto as long as it doesn't touch their polluting auto industry. Kinda like the majority of Canadians who want Kyoto but driving a environmentally friendly car ranks 24th down the list of when looking for a car.

Come to think of it of all my liberal, so called environmentalist friends I'm the most environmentally conscious. I take the bus while my best friend, an environmental consultant, drives his SUV to work. His other car is a gas guzzling beast. I wonder if he uses energy efficient bulbs though?

Ah well, wasn't to long ago we realized that the right is more generous with their time and money while the left just tells everyone else to do it. And we're the ones who are self righteous?

As a side note it'd be great if someone got some video of Suzuki's giant bus starting up one morning and put it on youtube. Picture it, that boasting statement in green lettering on the back claiming carbon neutrality while that black diesel smoke is billowing out of the tail pipe on a cold Winnipeg morning.