French Media Leftist Hysteria

Craig Read

IF Bush Jr. gets re-elected, men on mars will be cancelled as a project within 1 year.

Disagree. Disagree, disagree, disagree.

Bush Jr. needs his legacy, just like our Jonny. He'll try and go down as the second JFK, the man who sent the US to Mars.

Not to mention, it rallies the American people around something, in a time when all his previous attempts at rallying have backfired. (War on terrorism...Iraq, WMD...)

Recall the state of the union last year. When the American people agree about something, and feel strongly about something, they tend to think more highly of their esteemed leader.

Sure, i know it's election year. But Bush doesn't want to go down in history as the guy who invaded multiple countries on little or no grounds. So he thinks up this little scheme to put the media and public focus elsewhere.

I dare say, the Canadian public could use something to rally around. Seems to be alot of pessimism going around.(Read my posts about our military) I don't think we're going to Mars, though. :P

Bush Jr. needs his legacy, just like our Jonny

He already has it. Iraq is on track and Bush will be remembered in two ways by two thought camps. One, as an ichon of strength and determidness to do what is right in the face of world opposition and the other who lower the evil that was Hitler in order to compare him to an elected President in a democratic country.

A man who had the courage to take on an undertaking that would have made people like Cretien and Gore crumble and compromise. End result if they were in charge: another Viet Nam, Saddam with Nukes in a few years or a continual US baby sitting job and eternal sanctions on Iraq. Millions more would have died.

So he thinks up this little scheme to put the media and public focus elsewhere.

Really, I don't think the attention of America is anywhere but the ME right now. The Space/Moon thing In my opinion was as it was given; an anouncement to show that other things are happening in America. They are great enough to do many things at once. Yes, it was an election thing but that is the nature of a politician. What thing that a public figure does or says is not?

Any time you hear a conspiracy theory - it is wrong. Little Jewish gnomes with green shaded hats don't control the world, or the Fed Reserve Board, the Free Masons are not behind every war and conflict and and no the US did not go to Mars to detract attention from Iraq. Good grief. As if going to Mars is like driving to Buffalo for the weekend. Govts are extremely complicated and it is facile and naive to suppose that conspiracists abound able to manipuluate huge depts, large egos, and budgets and thousands of people. Mars was is a project in train for over 5 years - Nasa needed some success after the Challenger crash last October.

Bush is one of the most effective Presidents in recent memory. He is finishing the job that should have been done in 1991 in Iraq. He turned around the economy that Clinton let explode in a disastrous bubble and he has now stimulated foreign investment in the US [$88 billion in Nov. double originally forecasts!]. This means the US $ is headed back up. I predicted the loonie will hit mid 60s within one year on another post. If the US economy keeps roaring and FDI keeps increasing this forecast is plausible and there is no doubt in my mind the loonie will fall and the U$ will rebound against all currencies. [esp. true once rates in the Us rise which they will].

We don't need nor want the mental midget party back in Washington. Frat party days are over. Time for the adults to finish some important work.

Conspiracy, Mr. Read? That is not what I was suggesting. Merely good politics. Of course he's doing it for the election... wants to win the votes that he loses with each new American death in Iraq.

It does not require a conspiracy for the nice men and women in the White House to do things to enable their continued stay in that esteemed building. Making new policy to garner continued support from the American public is not a conspiracy.

And, KK, I do not find it hard to believe that he may want a bigger legacy, if he can get it. Toppled terrible dictator...went to Mars... won second term easily...etc etc.