Canadians Pay Twice The Taxes As Americans

Like the Canadian Parliment, the US Congress does routinely vote it's self pay increase for a job left undone although there has been some backlash in recent years among the constituents of some Congressmen. These people aren't suppose to be in public service for the money.

I don't know how difficult it is for you folks to obtain US citizenship but you should try. We can always use a few more Canadian conservatives. Most immigrants to the US arrive here completly unaware of the political climate and end up being endoctrinated by the left. Come fight for a system that still has a chance!

Right it is hard. Visa costs are about $3-5 K for a business visa. I am in the process of applying. The US INS wants every document on every part of my life regarding income taxes, income, education and work experience. Trust me it is not a nice process. It is especially galling when i know that Muslim applicants can get fast track approval in months.

This grates the hell out of me.

One of the great myths of globalisation is the fluid movement of people. In the EU only 5 % of the population lives outside its own borders. In NA it is not that easy to move around due to a whole host of factors. But the movement of people like you mentioned is one way of keeping govt's honest.

In my industry 'outsourcing' of IT is a big issue. According to the liberal media the world will end and I heard a US senator declare that the US would become a 3rd world country ! Garbage. Outsourcing = 1 % of total IT jobs. No big deal. The reason in part is high taxation and gov't regulation here in NA. What do you expect rational people to do ? If you want to stop outsourcing, then start retooling the tax system and stop whining.

Cdns are far too lax on their politicians who abuse the system mightily and as Hugo stated, do NOT provide the public goods to justify the taxation levels nor given the work that they do, can they justify their salaries [tax free], expenses [big budgets] and their pensions. [Not to mention corruption]

Chretien and Martin for eg. will collect $2.7 million in pensions. Now Chretien after 40 years has paid that amount in tax so while I detest Chretien, i can't say i begrudge him this. Martin has not paid in given his short tenure in politics. So even the pension system should be reviewed and I think scaled back along with salaries.