Bush Doesn't Want To Lend Money To Iraq.....

Although I think Iraq should be made to pay back the money, since when does anyone pay back money to the US? France...Germany...Japan.....no one pays us back. And as for saying he's giving our money away? Clinton did this with several countries to pay them off of military action....can we say 1 billion dollars to North Korea to end their nuclear weapons program? That sure worked well. Thanks Slick Willy!

Oh for Christ sake, just because there is an insugency in Iraq doesn't mean there is any real similarity to Vietnam. The primary difference here is that, unlike vietnam, there has been a regime change in Iraq. The resistence is just the result of a few desperate hold overs from the previous regime. There is no organized millitary capability. The best the insurgents can hope for is to test American and Iraqi fortitude by killing a few US soldiers here and there and blowing up innocent Red Cross and UN employees. Their efforts will ultimately not prevent progress from being achieved. Sorry to disappoint you.

Although I think Iraq should be made to pay back the money, since when does anyone pay back money to the US?

Since when does the U.S. pay back its dept? Can we say tax cuts for the rich! (hey, according to the Bush regime it works).

What are you talking about ? Tax cuts covered the economic spectrum, cheques were mailed as tax rebates to lower income families. But don't let reality intrude on your democratic nonsense.

The US has spent $100 billion on Iraq in total so far. Iraq is only the beginning, more countries need reform. This is a great time to be alive.

Now the question is, why the $100 billion for Iraq? The money was needed at home, for dept (which now tops $500 billion), health care, and other things. Because of the Bush regime, the Unemployment rate has scored sky high. It is a great time to be alive.

Now the question is, why the $100 billion for Iraq? The money was needed at home, for dept (which  now tops $500 billion), health care, and other things. Because of the Bush regime, the Unemployment rate has scored sky high. It is a great time to be alive.

I have no idea wher the unemployment is in the states. Wherever I go to they are sceaming for people to work. Maybe the average person doesn't know they are supposed to quit their job and start looking. Maybe for university types but for the minimum wage factory guys it is unbelieveable. As well, most of the stuff me and my guys are hauling is non survival related things like file cabinets, cable, aluminum, fibreboard for furniture and things like that. Another point, housing sales and starts are record high in the states, what goes into new houses? Nothing or lots of things like products manufactured by working people?

The US has spent $100 billion on Iraq in total so far. Iraq is only the beginning, more countries need reform. This is a great time to be alive.

Truely you have a gift for rhetoric Craig. This, however is not the mindlless type usually posted but such a strong and correct utterence I have not heard in a long time. Through the need for aid these people have reached out to the west via terrorism and goons subsequently amplifying their need for help. They have forced our hand and when sucessful we can show the poor of the world that democracy works better than oppression and torture. That is worth more than buying Sheila Copps a first class ticket to some fat fair anyday. Truely this is a great time to be alive!

I myself can not understand how Bush haters can spew thier trash and then in the same sentence say they feel he is so powerful and important that he single handedly put millions of people out of work.

That mean old powerful important Bush did not even need modernation and efficientcy, didn't need Clintons drive to destruction of the economy.

I bet he could have done it without the Dems convincing the illegals to accept gov money, free hospice etc.....

Surly he is not as powerful as you libs think.

All Hail God Bush. (just in case he is)

You republicans voted for an administration and strong minds around the puppet Bush, you'll didn't vote for a single leader, he's gaining the benefits of his last name.

However, he's done more harm to America than almost any other president before him..........he holds many of the records that people would not want to hold..

If some of you think he's God, then I'm an Athiest, better yet, Satanic!

Bushmustgo,

Bush's support does not come only from older Republicans. Inspite of the eventualities thrust on W's administration( ie. 9-11, world wide recession) young Americans, both liberals and conservatives, support Bush.

So if the results of a new poll are any indication,young liberals together with conservatives will vote for Bush in the next election. The poll results are remarkable because this age demographic is usually left leaning.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/s...4p-117538c.html

"Under-30s in Bush camp"

According to the new CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll, 62% of 19- to 29-year-olds expressed support for the President...Sixty-one percent say attacking Iraq was "worth it"...And youngsters are more optimistic about the economy, with 58% saying it's getting better...Nineteen percent of the twentysomethings identify themselves as liberal, while 27% said they are conservative...

That's the positive numbers but, not the whole story, now is it.

Bush has mainly lost support from elder Americans, etc.

Do you honestly believe that attacking Iraq without an exit plan and 97%+ of American Tax Payers dollars and Trust Funds was a good idea for a war based on WMD, which have not been found, selective writting in essays citing "British Intelligence" on Aluminum tubes from Niger, imminent threat, when supposedly the longest range weapon they have found only goes less than 600 miles, greeting us with flowers??????

You republicans voted for an administration and strong minds around the puppet Bush, you'll didn't vote for a single leader, he's gaining the benefits of his last name.

However, he's done more harm to America than almost any other president before him..........he holds many of the records that people would not want to hold..

If some of you think he's God, then I'm an Athiest, better yet, Satanic!

you my friend live in a dark twisted world made by you not Bush.

Just as there were those that loved that pathetic Clinton (I actually voted for him the first time, to my shame)to the point that he could do no wrong, There are those that hate Bush to the point that he can not possibly do any right.

That is something he can not compete against (your totally hate filled mind) and so I suspect that he does not try.

Those of us that support Bush but are not repub, or old, do so with open eyes. We knowthat he is not going to get it all right but hell who does?

Most of my kind do not agree with Bush. Bush agrees with us. There is a difference.

Bushmustgo, I feel for ya buddy. I'm the only conservative amongst all the paranoid delusional communists over at the Noam Chomsky forum. Likewise, I have to expend a considerably greater amount of effort to debate those fellows over there. And because there are so many eloquent voices towing my line here, I feel it is my right the express my latent juvenility, so...

GO BUSH :P