• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New poll has Liberals ahead

Four-point lead over Tories

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Canada/200.../06/2654110.htm

Yah that is a link to nothing.

Sorry. The link expired minutes after I posted it. It was a Decima poll released today. Maybe this link will work:

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Canada/200...06/2654110.html

Ouch.. Read the bottom:

"The poll of 1,025 respondents was conducted from Nov. 30 to Dec. 3"

Ouch.. Read the bottom:

"The poll of 1,025 respondents was conducted from Nov. 30 to Dec. 3"

And your point is......

The facts are, polls mean nothing until an election. Of course Ontario and Quebec are going to be supporting Liberals. The polls are not out of wack because they aren't polling areas properly. You can't poll with only 1000 people. Our country is much more difficult to poll probably than anywhere else in the world.

The only stain that Harper has an him is the income trusts. But do think that people who just got a 1% GST cut, is allowed to income split, and WILL be getting another 1% GST cut is going to vote AGAINST harper?

no no..

This is not the US where two slick politicians battle it out with negative campaign ads and the best one wins due to a hair thin 51/49 vote. Canadian voters don't vote like that. Maybe in Quebec they do but not here. People vote the current party in power unless they haven't royally screwed up. Quebec is the only exception.

Now if this was two weeks before final voting for a federal election and there was a sample size of 10,000 canadians, then i would be worried.

Canadians are certainly not goign to vote for a dual citizen who preches climate change when there is a woman waiting 3 years on a waiting list to see a foot doctor.

Harper will pull out the healthcare card.. i'm almost sure it.

There isn't going to be this mass shift over to Dion through-out Canada when Harper has taken a stance on issues and has cut taxes the way he did. Remember most poeple don't follow politics.

Dion is liked, but I don't feel that he's taken seriously by many people.. maybe in France.. err.. i mean Quebec but that's it.

I rather think its not the polls who have the Liberals ahead its c-pac and televising "question period" and how the Cons react to questions. As Iggy said yesterday, every time, a question comes their way and they don't want to answer it, they reverse the question and turn it against the Liberals. People are sick of hearing what the Liberals did with the scam, we all know, and we know that the guilty parties are paying the price. I don't want to hear about the past I want to know what they are doing about the present and maybe the future for Canadians!! Also, I saw Holland ask Stockwell if he ever talked to the commissioner about quitting and Stockwell refused to answer the question, because he was under oath. I think the govt is hiding alot about this case and it just adds to the suspicion of other things.

I don't know, the Liberal's comparing the Conservatives to Goebbels is pretty disconcerting in itself. I can tell you right now that any time a "nazi" comparison is made it makes me less likely to vote for the party making the comment.

I saw Holland ask Stockwell if he ever talked to the commissioner about quitting and Stockwell refused to answer the question, because he was under oath. I think the govt is hiding alot about this case and it just adds to the suspicion of other things.

No he didn't, he simply repeated that he had allready answered the question. Holland comes off as a drama queen.

No he didn't, he simply repeated that he had allready answered the question. Holland comes off as a drama queen.

Day didn't answer the question. And when he referred to an article that indicated what his response was, it wasn't there either.