Evangelical Church Leader

jdobbin

I don't remember hearing about these cases of rape, drugs, and sex in the areas of the country I lived in. Your painting every church with the same brush. Their have been cases of sexual molestation in the Catholic church, however I haven't heard as much scandals coming from many church's up here in Canada.

All the more reason why this "lifestyle from hell" has NO place in a civilized society. "Same Sex Marriage", "Gay Pride Day", what are these immoral deviants trying to do tour society? If allowed to fester the Western World stands to go the way of Sodom and Gomorrah, Ancient Athens, Babylon, Rome. These people should go back behind close doors and just stay there!!

Hmmm. I don't think this case makes any difference in the belief that homosexual marriage is wrong. I know not everyone believes this, but the fact that a person who is anti-gay marriage has lost his reputation has little to do with anything. Let's take a case of something we can all agree is wrong. Since we dont all agree on gay marriage. How about littering. Ok, now lets say you (the reader) have a deep hatred of littering. And you belong to the North American Foundation of Anti-Litterers (fictional group). The President of this foundation is Mrs. Joan Cullingsworth (also fictional). Now you are watching the news one day and you see a breaking news report exposing the "secret lifestyle of excessive littering" Mrs. Cullingsworth has been living behind the scenes. You may call this woman hypocrite. But do you think this would change your views on "Anti-Littering". Would you all of a sudden become pro-littering?

Those who are only slightly anti-littering, or are on the fence about littering might have their mind changed. Another way of thinking of this...does campaigning change people's mind? Does going around and speaking about how gay marriage is wrong change people's minds? If the answer is no, then Haggard's recent activities will probably have little effect. But, if the answer is no, why campaign in the first place? If the answer is yes, campaigning does make a difference, then yes this incident will change people's minds. Let's say you were slightly pro-gay marriage and because of Ted Haggard's campaigning about how it is wrong, you changed your mind and became anti-gay marriage. Then you found out that Haggard is a hypocrite, would you not change your mind back to being pro-gay marriage?

I don't remember hearing about these cases of rape, drugs, and sex in the areas of the country I lived in. Your painting every church with the same brush. Their have been cases of sexual molestation in the Catholic church, however I haven't heard as much scandals coming from many church's up here in Canada.

well im not speaking of proved cases, more so roomers, it's mostly in the U.S. but i'm not trying to paint a picture, i just see that some men in the church have 'dodged a bullet' on rape causes, my uncle thankfully was caught, i just wish their was more of a crack down on the strange-hap side of religion, as for drugs and stuff, i mostly heard roomers, but a training minister here was prosecuted of handling drugs, about a 5 oz baggy of heroine, but was not found guilty because of 'controversial issues' what ever that means.