Liberal departures

didn't initiate the comment you did Figleaf.

I started a thread with a reasonable comment. You jumped in sputtering personal abuse.

I am only calling you on it because you seem to be full of these self righteous judgements as to others motives and beliefs as if you have a monopoly on truth.

And there's more empty, blowhard personal abuse. You coming off like quite the peckerhead, frankly.

Your comments were subjective, ...

'Subjective'? So?

...and deliberately odious.

To you, perhaps. But I don't give a sweet phlying phoque what you think.*

People have the right to their beliefs and if you want to smear them because they don't conform to yours,...

...then I can learn from your example here.

I will blast you for being a hippocrate.

1- Learn to spell.

2- See *, above.

It doesn't make them disloyal to Canada because they have specific views that you don't agree with.

You don't see to grasp my point. If people have views that make them incompatible with being part of a group, they should recuse themselves from that group. I don't see why that's objectionable.

Let me spell it out Figleaf. You made the odious comment you did because it was someone who felt Mr. Ignatieff's views as to Israel committing a war crime made it impossible for her to stay in the Liberal party. You deliberately chose that, because it was someone supporting Israel and then you being your usual passive aggressive know it all self, made the inference this person is not loyal to Canada not just the Liberal party. I read your veiled, coded remarks loud and clear. Back peddle all you want but you are simply a coward to me in how you select your snide remarks for anyone who you feel is sympathetic to the State of Israel.

You know I read all this and I have to say that some people are getting more then a little aggressive with their opiions and persoal views of what they see as the others short comings. It kind of distracts from what the thread is about. Now far from me to come down on anyone for lively debate, but I think I am seeing more personal debate on each other then on the thread itself. Maybe a cooling off is a wise thing?

Let me spell it out Figleaf. You made the odious comment you did because it was someone who felt Mr. Ignatieff's views as to Israel committing a war crime made it impossible for her to stay in the Liberal party.

1. My comment was not odious in my opinion.

2. I already said that it was Mrs. Cottler's move that got me thinking about this. I think her reasons were strange, but since that's how she felt, I thought she did the right thing.

You deliberately chose that, because it was someone supporting Israel ...

I didn't 'chose' her. Her choice was a matter in the current news from which I extrapolated a more general principle to discuss.

and then you being your usual passive aggressive know it all self,

Blow harder, please. I can't quite smell the stench of your halitosis yet.

...made the inference this person is not loyal to Canada not just the Liberal party.

I would say it's a valid inference to conclude that Mrs. Cottler's action suggests she is more motivated by defending Israel than she is by Liberal party interests or general Canadian public policy issues.

I read your veiled, coded remarks loud and clear.

In your imagination, all things may be possible.

Back peddle all you want ...

I feel no such desire.

...your snide remarks for anyone who you feel is sympathetic to the State of Israel.

Such hooey! I think you're insanely over-active in your desire to defend any and all things Israel does, but I didn't make my remarks about you, did I?

• 9 months later...
bye
I don't wish you bad, but I could have used a bit less personal insults from you. I hope you can more constructively engage elsewhere or on your return.