US gets caught fudging....Again

M.Dancer

Now this sucks the big one. I don't know how the US manages to screw up so often and so amatuerishly....or how they expect to line up international support for measures against Iran right on the heals of the Iraq fiasco. Now I expect most people will agree, the Bomb and Iran should are not a good thing.....now convince the world that Iran is pursuing atomic weapons.

US Iran report branded dishonest

Iran insists its nuclear programme is for peaceful purposes

The UN nuclear watchdog has protested to the US government over a report on Iran's nuclear programme it called "outrageous" and "dishonest" .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5346524.stm

Now this sucks the big one. I don't know how the US manages to screw up so often and so amatuerishly....or how they expect to line up international support for measures against Iran right on the heals of the Iraq fiasco. Now I expect most people will agree, the Bomb and Iran should are not a good thing.....now convince the world that Iran is pursuing atomic weapons.
US Iran report branded dishonest

The UN nuclear watchdog has protested to the US government over a report on Iran's nuclear programme it called "outrageous" and "dishonest" .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5346524.stm

Phew. Now that I know the US is a liar, I feel secure. I have no reason to fear Iran getting a nuclear bomb. Silly for a second there, I thought there might be reasons other then what the US government may have said, that causes me to be a tad anxious about Iran having a nuclear bomb. Could it be the Iranian President stating Israel should be wiped off the map. Could it be the Iranian President who stated all Jews are infidels and the Muslim world necessarily must defeat the Zionist and Christian infidel in a show down?

No. Not at all. I forget. Iran good. U.S. bad. Iran sweet innocent misunderstood. U.S. bad.

I keep having these lapses and forgetting if there is a problem with Iran, it does not exist and the real problem is with Israel and the US who are liars and involved in this Zionist conspiracy.

I mean how could anyone feel Iran would use nuclear fusion for anything but electricity?

Thanks. I feel better now that you cleared that up.

You know when you think about it, there are no problems with anyone. If we could only get rid of the US and Israel and say, myself while we are at it since I am beginning to sound like a liar.

Did you read my post or was that a macro?

Let me refresh.....with typo corrected.....

Now this sucks the big one. I don't know how the US manages to screw up so often and so amatuerishly....or how they expect to line up international support for measures against Iran right on the heals of the Iraq fiasco. Now I expect most people will agree, the Bomb and Iran are not a good thing.....now convince the world that Iran is pursuing atomic weapons.

This isn't about the joys of Iran. It's about a simple PR blunder that is going to, in the long run, hurt thenUS and help Iran.

Would you prefer to over look it and pretend?>

Uhm, the "outrageous and dishonest" part that they are protesting has nothing to do with allegations about Iran's weapons. They're outraged at the suggestion they fired an inspector because he was not adhering "to an unstated IAEA policy barring IAEA officials from telling the whole truth" about Iran. when in reality, they say, he was merely removed at Iran's request!

Doh! Those EVIL Americans!

In addition, the article cites a Democrat who says this was an internal report never designed to be released.

Uhm, the "outrageous and dishonest" part that they are protesting has nothing to do with allegations about Iran's weapons. They're outraged at the suggestion they fired an inspector because he was not adhering "to an unstated IAEA policy barring IAEA officials from telling the whole truth" about Iran. when in reality, they say, he was merely removed at Iran's request!

Doh! Those EVIL Americans!

In addition, the article cites a Democrat who says this was an internal report never designed to be released.

It says the report was wrong to say that Iran had enriched uranium to weapons-grade level when the IAEA had only found small quantities of enrichment at far lower levels.

PArdon?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/14_09_06_iaea.pdf

Have a peak.

This is really just outrageous. The US is going to have to work very hard to repair this damage to their creibility.

Allowing President Ahamdinejad to enrich euranium would be like appointing Zimbabwean President Mugabe to head the "Committee for the Alleviation of Starvation and Political Oppression in Africa". When the man comes out with statements like "Israel should be wiped off the map" and "Israel should move to Alaska or Europe" one has to wonder where the region would be if he was allowed to build or acquire nuclear weapons.

Could it be the Iranian President stating Israel should be wiped off the map. Could it be the Iranian President who stated all Jews are infidels and the Muslim world necessarily must defeat the Zionist and Christian infidel in a show down?

Yes, this was pretty bad. One thing that needs be said here, though, is that Ahmadinejad didn't start these rants until after Israel announced that is was considering air strikes on the Iranian nuclear facilities to take them out the way it did with Iraq some years back. As far as the US and Iran go, don't forget that Iraq invaded Iran with a lot of help and encouragement from the Americans. It takes a long time to forget a war that killed hundreds of thousands of your people. We in the west have very selective and very short memories about the Middle East. Far too much so.

Here's another Middle East factoid. Once upon a time, Iran had a democratically elected government. That government announced that it was going to nationalize the oil industry. Bingo, the CIA and MI5 engineered a coup that put in the Shah of Iran - one of the most brutal dictators as ever walked the face of the earth. This was standard operating procedure for these guys. They did the same thing in Chile, where they put in the butcher Pinochet who had the democratically elected president Allende murdered by the army.

The Iranian Government under His Most Holiness Ayatollah Khomeini initiated the troubles which led to the Iraqi invasions by inciting the Shi'ites to "rise up and overthrow the infidel, Saddam Hussein". The undergrou-nd group "Da'wa" carried out numerous bombings and assassinations in southern Iraq inflaming Saddam Hussein who already was in a dispute over the waterway treaty which the deposed Shah had signed.