Fifteen Minutes of Fame

August1991

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her name is Rebecca Black.

Last week she was an anonymous 13 year old kid. This week, she's an international phenomenon.

The story, as I understand it, is that Rebecca's parents purchased a song and music video for her. Like, they spent $2000 to hire a company to make a music video starring Rebecca. The result is what some people consider to be possibly the worst song and the worst music video of all time. The badness is has become so legendary that in just a week, over 26 million people have flocked to Youtube to see the carnage for themselves.

I don't get it. It doesn't seem that bad to me. If she could dance a little, and was better looking, and maybe hired someone who could write better lyrics, and could sing, it would probably be a pretty good song. The video itself was kinda boring, though.

Her name is Rebecca Black.

Last week she was an anonymous 13 year old kid. This week, she's an international phenomenon... -k

Excellent rant kimmy! She got meme'd and now we are paying for it.

What the world needs now is good old authentic 70's spitting and bleeding punk to high-e ring people's ears into sensibility. Don't make it bad, make it BAD.

I don't get it. It doesn't seem that bad to me. If she could dance a little, and was better looking, and maybe hired someone who could write better lyrics, and could sing, it would probably be a pretty good song. The video itself was kinda boring, though.

:)

If she danced better, wrote better lyrics, sang better, and produced a better video, she might be alright?

:)

Plan 9 From Outer Space could have been a good movie...if every single aspect of it was done differently and better!

(Just incidentally, I strongly recommend Plan 9. It may well be where the whole "so bad it's good," laugh-at-the-movies notion originated.)

Edited by bloodyminded

• 4 years later...

A year ago, the story of an elephant's rescue from a cruel keeper captured hearts around the world. After 50 years in chains, Raju the elephant literally wept when he realized he was being unchained.

Today Raju lives at a wildlife sanctuary with other elephants. This week the staff at the sanctuary had a party for Raju to celebrate his first year of freedom.

-k

A year ago, the story of an elephant's rescue from a cruel keeper captured hearts around the world. After 50 years in chains, Raju the elephant literally wept when he realized he was being unchained.

Today Raju lives at a wildlife sanctuary with other elephants. This week the staff at the sanctuary had a party for Raju to celebrate his first year of freedom.

-k

I followed that story, poor guy actually cried when he was freed from the chains. He'd survived on hand outs from people and even ate plastic bags. Sadly his sibling is still in captivity. People are working to free him but no luck so far.

William Faulkner wrote his own epitaph. Some of today's media whores could take a page from Faulkner's book.Pun intended.1898-1962. "I am more convinced and determined than ever that this is not for me. I will protest to the last: no photographs, no recorded documents. It is my ambition to be, as a private individual, abolished and voided from history, leaving it markless, no refuse save the printed books; I wish I had enough sense to see ahead thirty years ago, and like some of the Elizabethans, not signed them. It is my aim, and every effort bent, that the sum and history of my life, which in the same sentence is my obit and epitaph too, shall be them both: He made the books and he died".

• 3 weeks later...

Today Raju lives at a wildlife sanctuary with other elephants....

Kimmy. not fair. You have given life to an old thread that, years ago, I started. I was new to this forum, and struggling with English, Canada, civilisation, people. Edited by August1991